TGIF! Boom, another week gone! But I’ve had a chance to catch my breath a little bit, and now, let’s jump right into sharing five random things about our week:
- I had coffee with Biker Witch yesterday. For once, I wasn’t in a time crunch, so that was nice. But while with her, I could not think of the word “charitable” when I describing something to her. So frustrating when a word slips my mind like that!
- Wizard and I had an excellent dinner at the Orange County Mining Company to celebrate our Anniversary. If you didn’t see it on my FB page, here’s a picture with the nighttime view behind us.
- One of my BEST decisions regarding my wedding attire was the $12.00 pair of flat sandals that I bought from Amazon. They are blush champagne colored with rhinestones. After the ceremony and pictures, I switched to those flat sandals and enjoyed the reception in total comfort! Best $12.00 bucks I spent, LOL!
- Last weekend was pretty wild here at our house with the preparations, rehearsal dinner, wedding, and rotating overnight guests. I’m soooo glad we decided to take Maggie to boarding. She always comes home thrilled to see us, and with no signs of any anxiety. But I suspect if she’d stayed home, she’d have been stressed with the level of chaos and lack of sleep in the house, plus we were gone about 9 or 10 hours on the wedding day, and she has no way to go outside if someone isn’t home. I’m so grateful a place to take her where she’s comfortable and secure while we’re otherwise occupied, and I don’t have to worry if she’s okay or not. Wizard is the one who pushed me to find that place, so Kudos to Wizard!
- New Daughter-in-Law got her cast on yesterday for the foot she broke a week before the wedding. It’s a pretty big cast! She was sore after the wedding, and really has been staying off it. But on her wedding day, she wore a sandal and refused to let a broken foot slow her down. The mother in me worried but I also really admire her sheer grit and refusal to let an injury get in the way of her joy or the wedding pictures. Now she and my son are very focused on making sure that foot heals right, and doing whatever she needs to make that happen.
Tomorrow, Wizard and I have a breakfast date at McDonalds with Turbo Terror (my grandson). Don’t be jealous, LOL! Anyway, that’s my five random things about my week, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!