TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- We had another heartbreaking school shooting yesterday in California. We are desperately sad and angry, as I imagine most people feel about these horrible and completely pointless tragedies. The poor families and survivors have had their lives shattered in a few moments of terror, and for what? I can’t even pretend to understand. Some days, I really like fictional worlds better than the one we live in.
- We went to see the new movie Midway, and really liked it.
- I wrote a tad yesterday, desperately trying something to fix problems. Moving a scene around might do it…or not…who knows! What I do know for sure, is I need to get mean about writing time if I want to get back to the job I still love
- So on Wednesday, I told Wizard I was expecting a package from Amazon. Naturally he asked me what it was, and I told him a blue pumpkin. I think he just heard “pumpkin”. When it arrived and I opened it, he was so confused. “It’s blue.” So I explained it was for the Thanksgiving table to go with some other, smaller pumpkins and burlap leaves I’d already bought. His next question was, “But why blue?” I pointed to my kitchen “fall” towels that have pumpkins on it, including a blue one and said, “It has to match. I can’t possibly host Thanksgiving if my table decorations don’t match the towels.” He’s been with me enough years to guess I was yanking his chain He just smiled blandly and asked if I needed anything else. Some days, he has the whole husband-of-a-crazy-writer thing totally nailed. “Nope,” I replied, “I’m good. I mean I have a plastic blue pumpkin, what else could I want?” I was pretty serious about that–my blue pumpkin makes me happy, LOL!
- I’m not sure what I’m doing this weekend. I may see a kid or grandkid, on the other hand, I wouldn’t mind actually working either. Although Wizard seems to keep coming up with ways to distract me from work too. But back to the weekend…no firm plans yet so anything could happen!
So that’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!