Friday, January 10th, 2020
TGIF!! Let’s get right into sharing five random things about our week. Here are mine:
- We did our first Costco trip, and Yikes, that was an easy way to spend $$. But, hey, now I have enough kitchen trash bags to last a year or six LOLOL! Costco is kind of fun now, but it’ll turn into just another chore soon.
- I’ve hated shopping for most of my life. Now, I like some shopping at discount stores and I don’t know why. It’s downright weird.
- I’m using my work calendar as a plotting-planner-motivational-thingie. This week, I used it to sketch out the plot and timeline. Wizard asked me why I don’t type it, and I told him that once I start typing, I tend to flesh things out too much and end up trying to write the book or get lost in details. Writing it in pencil bullet points that I can erase and change gives me permission to down on paper even if it’s wrong. The planner is working pretty well in that I now have a very rough outline. That’s pretty much my accomplishment for this week–outlining plot and timeline in rough pencil strokes. Next week is butt in chair, fingers to keyboard.
- I’m writing goals aside from writing in my planner too. Writing goals down gives them weight and meaning, not just random wishes. This is all part of my 2020 Attitude Adjustment.
- Today I’m getting my hair done, then meeting Biker Witch for coffee in the morning and I’ll write a little in the afternoon. Saturday, we are watching Turbo for a couple of hours again. Sunday begins my big butt in the chair, fingers on the keyboard plan. I won’t be able to do it more than four hours at a time, but that’s a good start! Physically I am doing better these days!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
January 10th, 2020 at 6:50 am · Link
Yep, I bet you could drop a wad at Costco without even thinking about it. I don’t love shopping, but I don’t hate it either, it just is what it is. The fun of a discount store, though, is the thrill of finding the deal. I loves me a good deal. Yep yep, sometimes writing longhand is necessary. I’m glad your planner is doing it for you. 2020 – new year, new attitude – yay! Have fun with Biker Witch and kick some word ass this weekend!
1) 2020 is off to a good start here. I’m getting loads of honey-dos done. I’m getting some writing done, too. And I’m trying to stay positive about everything.
2) Today marks a week without ice cream. On 1/1 I told myself once the ice cream in the house was gone, I wasn’t buying any more. I was the only one eating it anyway, and I don’t need it.
3) We’re having weird weather. Right now, we’re under a flood watch and tomorrow, the winter weather advisory starts. I stocked up on Wednesday so we don’t need to go anywhere any time soon.
4) Right now, I’m reading Curtain by Agatha Christie. It’s her last Poirot novel and it’s making me kind of sad. He’s really old and in a wheelchair. =o(
5) Today I have to finish washing the light fixtures. I got about half of them done yesterday. My life is so exciting. ;o)
January 10th, 2020 at 8:51 am · Link
What B.E. said. LOL Now for my five:
1) And…like B.E., we’re getting the weird weather too. Today, 65 with rain and chance of severe weather, tomorrow, snow alert and high of 33.
2) We’re keeping Stormy tomorrow afternoon/night while his parents head to a historic B&B for their anniversary (which was Wednesday._
3) I had to shift a scene in my February release to accomodate one of the other authors. Not a huge deal and I got a few extra words out of it. NOW I think I’m done, but I still haven’t sent it in. I keep waiting for that other sue to drop.
4) I think I’ve decided my next project is MOONSTRUCK: BETRAYAL. At least, that’s the Scriverner workbook I have open. I’ve transferred BRIDE’S MOON and ROGUE MOON over, located some cut scenes, and now I’m doing a read-through, editing some of “what was I thinking–oh, yeah, I wrote it in 2013!”, and figuring out what to add in, and the bridge “novella” for new content. I’m working at least, if not exactly “new” words. At least something “new” to publish. Oh, I also spent part of a day looking for cover images.
5) Jake got semi-skunked again this week. He decided to “scrape” his face, neck, chest, and shoulders in the sand to get rid of the spray. The spray, being oily, absorbed the sand. As it was 11 p.m., I hit him with Febreeze and called it a night. I gave him a bath and after towel drying him, I turned my back. He went back out and…rolled in the sand. 🤦♀️ He’s now dry AND clean.
Gotta get out and lay in groceries for the weekend. Y’all have a good one!
January 10th, 2020 at 4:14 pm · Link
1. You certainly can spend a ton of money at Costco. I am always very careful and only get what is on my list. Hubs and youngest – not so much.
2. Have fun at discount stores. You never know what you may find.
3. Smart using your calendar for plotting and planning. Being able to erase takes the pressure off.
4. Adding goals to the calendar is good. I still haven’t made any :(.
5. Love hair day! Did you do anything different? Have fun with Biker Witch at coffee and Turbo tomorrow.
1a. I think I’m finally turning the corner on this virus B. Light cough now.
2a. Eldest turns 40 this Thursday so we’re all getting together at the Hibachi place Saturday. Harrison can’t wait :).
3a. Is this really January? Tomorrow is supposed to be in the upper 60’s. Strange!
4a. I am furious over the Australian fires. That over 24 people purposely set over 200 of them so they could make “climate change” points/protests makes me sick. All those poor animals. I am heartbroken.
5a. Wish my hands weren’t so bad and I could knit and crochet. I’d make mittens to send to the burned animals.
Have a ton of fun with Turbo :)!
January 10th, 2020 at 6:58 pm · Link
B.E., yep I love finding a deal too, or finding what I really need at a price I’m willing to pay So true on longhand. I think I’m trying to corral the story into one place in my head, and this is giving me a sense of control.
1) Those are three excellent ways to start off 2020! Yay!
2) Now that’s self-control!
3) You’ve already had a lot of rain this year, I think. Glad you’re all stocked up.
4) That would give me sadness too.
5) Wow now that’s impressive! I have some light fixtures in my house that need to be cleaned, but they haven’t even made the list.
Hope you have an amazing weekend!
January 10th, 2020 at 7:03 pm · Link
1) Weather is a hot topic all around these days.
2) Hope you have a great time with Stormy, and how romantic for your daughter and son in law!
3) Crossing my fingers that you’re really truly done!
4) Oh boy, that’s a twisty road I just followed, LOL!! But it’s great if you get it written to your satisfaction and published! I can tell you’re thinking at sonic speed
5) Oh Jake….LOLOL!! I’m sure that story is a lot funnier to me than you. I’ve never had to try to deskunk a dog and hope I never have to experience that particular event!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
January 10th, 2020 at 7:08 pm · Link
Viki, we had a list and that helped! I think we only bought one thing that wasn’t technically on the list, but was a subcategory so it’s still “legal”. Costco is fun but painful for my debit card.
1) So glad to hear you’re on the road to recovery!
2) Happy Birthday to Eldest, and so cute that Harrison is excited
3) You all are enduring the strange weather and we’re in the normalish range today. It’s been a nice week here.
4) That fire is a monster, and so awful. It makes me feel so helpless.
5) I’m so sorry you’re hands are preventing you from doing what you’re heart so clearly wants to.
Hope you all have a great time celebrating Eldests milestone birthday!