Friday, January 24th, 2020
TGIF! Every Monday I get up with a fresh new week in front of me, and every Friday I’m like, Hey, where’d the week go? Anyhow, let’s get into sharing five random things about our week:
- A picture from one of my Thursday morning walks with Maggie.
- Maggie’s been a little off this week, and yesterday afternoon she only ate half her dinner (unusual) and seemed a little lethargic. I’m going to watch her today and call the vet if she’s sick. I hate it when I can’t put my finger on what’s bothering her, and she can’t tell me.
- In case you haven’t gotten enough of my super exciting life, here’s a pic of my lunch yesterday. It’s flatbread with some turkey, low-fat string cheese, and a whole lot of vegetables topped with pineapple salsa. I actually roll this up believe it or not, and then I use a fork for spillover. This is one of my favorite lunches if I have the time to assemble it. What I’m NOT showing is the supposedly healthy, definitely calorie loaded, oatmeal peanut butter bar I ate after that.
- I’m in a decluttering and organizing frenzy. One of my goals for this year is streamlining my kitchen. I’ve always been a bit of a minimalist in my lifestyle–at least in theory, LOL. But somehow I’ve collected a lot of stuff over the years, and I’ve worn out other stuff. It will take time, but I’ve got a great start now and feel good about that. Although I’m filling up our trash cans and donations bags.
- Turbo is supposed to come over Saturday for pancakes, but Wizard hasn’t been feeling well this week. We’ll see how he is today–we don’t want to get Turbo sick. FYI, I worry about Wizard as much as I worry about Maggie, but at least Wizard can tell me what hurts and he’s good about going to a doctor if he needs to, which relieves my mind some.
That’s a quick snapshot of my week, now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!
January 24th, 2020 at 6:53 am · Link
Aww, poor Maggie! Feel better soon, sweetie. :hugs: Also, poor Wizard. I hope he feels better soon, too. Especially in time for a Turbo visit. That’s a beautiful place to walk, Jenn. And that wrap looks yummy – although I’m surprised you can get it wrapped. Yay for decluttering and organization!
1) Last night, I got blindsided by a cold. It was totally weird. I sat down to write feeling fine and about 20 minutes in, WHAM, went from feeling fine to sneezing like a fool. I got about 800 words down before the avalanche, though. I’m better this morning, but still sniffley. Blerg. I so don’t need this.
2) They’re predicting more snow today. Only about an inch worth, maybe. Fine by me, I have no plans to go anywhere any time soon. I stocked up early in the week when they first forecast this junk.
3) Yesterday, I made my ‘to-die-for’ coffee cake. It’s basically a box cake mix (butter pecan mix is best) with less oil and more eggs, with a nutty streusel topping. Yummers.
4) I really need a pastry cutter, but I can’t find one locally. I should probably order one online, but I’m so lazy. Of course, that’s silly of me. Using a fork takes way more effort than going to a site and ordering a utensil. Blerg.
5) Geriatric cat has me so trained now that all she has to do is sit up on the bed and stare at me, and I’ll get up, pick her up, and carry her to the litter box or her food. If I’m not where she can stare at me, she’ll walk into the kitchen and meow until I come get her. Then when she’s done, she’ll meow at me to take her back to bed. Oh, the things we do for our pets.
January 24th, 2020 at 11:34 am · Link
Poor Maggie and Wiz! Hope the both feel better soon so Turbo can come for pancakes. Gorgeous walking space. You’re far to healthy for me. 😏 I should consider decluttering and organizing. Yeah…not happening. 😂 Okay, my five:
1) We got some much needed rain and missed the ice/sleet/snow. Was still cold and damp and my old bones don’t appreciate that any more. 🥶
2) Stormy was here Monday and that sort of threw off my whole week. Not sure why. He’s fun to be around and he actually let me get some html coding done on my website in between play times, but it just didn’t feel like Monday so my days are off. 😜
3) I tend to freeze leftovers and then forget they’re in the freezer. We’ve been eating them this week and I’m not sure Lawyer Guy is all that thrilled. Tough. I’m cheap. 😋
4) I’ve done more “marketing” this week now that the announcement and preorder link is up for FIGHTING FOR ELENA. Created some memes, arranged some guest blogs for my site with the other authors in the series, and set up a web page for the series on my site. Not much writing/revisions/editing. Ah well.
5) My “biorhythms” are so messed up. I keep waking up up between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. Once I’m awake, I normally can’t get back to sleep. Problem is, my brain isn’t wired to fall asleep at 8-9 p.m. I need a nap! 😴
Have a great weekend!
January 24th, 2020 at 4:03 pm · Link
1. What a beautiful view you and Maggie had the other morning :)!
2. Oh no! Poor Maggie and Wizard. Did you have to take Maggie in to the vet? Has Wizard been seen too? Hope they are both feeling better really soon.
3. Lunch looks good. I do the cookie thing too ;).
4. Good job de-cluttering.
5. Smart to stay away from Turbo until Wizard is better. Nothing worse than a sick little one.
1a. Went for a massage for my hip. It helped a little but I’m still pounding ibruprofen.
2a. It’s going to be a rainy/snowy weekend again. Makes running errands not so fun ;).
3a. Got my griddle yesterday so I did Swai for dinner. It turned out very good.
4a. There are times I long for the time when hubs was out of town 3 weeks every month.
5a. I too am packing up stuff and de-cluttering. It’s just a slow process right now.
Have a wonderful weekend and stay healthy.
January 24th, 2020 at 5:39 pm · Link
B.E, thanks Maggie seems much better today, and so does Wizard
1) Ugh, cold’s suck.
2) Smart and prepared! Hope the storm isn’t too bad.
3) Yum! Perfect for a snowy weekend.
4) Order the pastry cutter, LOL! But I do the same thing depending on what it is.
5) Geriatric cat is very lucky to have a human who takes such good care of her!
Enjoy your cake!
January 24th, 2020 at 5:45 pm · Link
Silver, LOL on far too healthy–I eat plenty of unhealthy items. Maggie motivates me to walk so I can’t take credit for that either.
1) Sorry the cold doesn’t agree with your bones
2) I so get your week being off from Stormy being there on Monday. I’m pretty much the same way.
3) Hope they are delicious leftovers! Also, in most cases, cheap is good.
4) Marketing is a time/energy/brainpower suck. Sounds like you guys are all on top of it thought and it will pay off.
5) I wake up early so I totally understand. I’ve done that 4am wake up routine and it’s seriously annoying. I hope you can get back onto a schedule that works for you.
Hope you have a good weekend!
January 24th, 2020 at 5:51 pm · Link
Viki, I didn’t have to take Wizard and Maggie in, they both feel better today, so yay! I’m going to let Turbo’s parents make the decision on coming out.
1) I feel for you. It’s awful to have hip pain like that. I really hope it improves.
2) I’m not a fan of running errands in the rain, so I imagine snow is even more challenging.
3) Awesome on your new griddle and yummy dinner!
4) LOLOL!! I think all wives have those moments
5) Great minds think alike, even if our bodies are slower to get it all done. In my case, I’m spreading out replacing the old worn out stuff over time too. Both my energy and budget have limits
Have a great weekend!