TGIF!! Let’s jump right into sharing 5 random things about our week:
- Writing, well I’m trying! I don’t want to dwell on it, so I’ll just say regaining my creativity is a work in progress
- So it turns out I have an inner hippie, LOL! My friends, this is what comes of watching YouTube. Anyhow, yesterday, I made tahini (a butter made from pumpkin seeds) and almond butter. I plan to use the tahini in some homemade granola and hummus, and the almond butter as I would any nut butter spread. (FYI, I’m not vegan or a vegetarian by any stretch, I’m just expanding the plant-based nutrition to my diet to support my increased strength training.) To my surprised, my small food processor did the job. Here’s the results of my efforts:
- Today I’m meeting Biker Witch to hang out and go to Trader Joes, because, yep, we know how to party! Also, I’m looking for more nuts and stuff, and then next week, I’ll be tired of it all. But I’m so thrifty, I’ll find a way to use all that I’ve bought and made. For instance, I bet I could find a way to turn that tahini into a sweet treat
- It’s taken my over a week to read a thriller, “Orphan X” by Gregg Hurwitz. It’s fast paced with nice twists, I just get distracted, and you know, tinnitus. I just finished listening to “What Alice Forgot” by Liane Morierty. I liked that one too, I especially liked the premise of waking up after a fall and not remembering anything in the last ten years, including her kids or why she’s divorcing her husband.
- I’m not sure about this weekend. I may see a kid or grandkid or get into some shenanigan or other.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope all of you have a great weekend!