Friday, February 21st, 2020
TGIF!! Time to jump into sharing five random things about our week:
- I’m happy with my new washer and dryer. Now that we have them, I aware of what a struggled it had become to get laundry done with my old machines.
- My book stalled out this week and it took me a few days to figure out the OBVIOUS problem. Because I’m keeping some scenes I had already written, then rewriting or moving others around, things can get confusing, LOL. Anyhow, I just have to keep going until The End! “Write it now and fix it later” is my mantra.
- Today, if all goes as it’s supposed to, I’ll get the permanent crown on my tooth. Yay! I’m hoping I can work after that, but dental work can irritate my neck so I’ll wait and see.
- I made roasted red pepper and garlic humus yesterday. I like it, but it gives me indigestion. This isn’t exactly a surprise, I don’t do well with roasted garlic as a rule. But who cares, life is about trying new things! As soon as my mouth is up to it, I’m eating some more with the pita chips I love, enjoy it, then suffer the consequences if the garlic is still feeling mean However if I make another batch, I’ll try one without roasted garlic or veggies.
- We are going to see our grandson, Turbo, tomorrow. Wizard hasn’t been able to see him in a while so he’s really looking forward to it. CPA Boy will be at work (tax season) and we’ll be able to give Special K a break for a few hours. I’m always happy about that since I remember the endless exhaustion of being a mom.
My week was pretty boring, and while it doesn’t make for exciting blogs, I have no complaints. Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week!
February 21st, 2020 at 7:13 am · Link
Yay for a boring week! We need those from time to time. Yay for your new washer/dryer! I bet that’s a load off your mind. (Bad pun intended.) Yay for your writing mantra! You’ve got this. Just keep going. Fingers crossed everything goes well with your dental stuff, so you can eat what you like again. Yay for successfully completing hummus! I tried making that once and it was not good. And, as always, yay for Turbo Time!
1) I’ve committed myself to getting this book edited and ready to send other people by the end of the month. 100 pages to go. I’ve been managing about 20 pages a day, so I’m on track. Now I need to get back on track with the writing of new words. I need to get back to your mantra.
2) I can’t believe it’s Friday again. Where did the week go?
3) We finished the prep phase of the yard expansion project on Wednesday. The area is cleaned and ready for green things to grow.
4) Now that we finished that project, we’re kind of at a loss as to what to do next to keep our activity levels up. After that, walking and exercise biking is kind of boring. :shrug: Boring or not, those might be the only answers.
5) It’s too early to garden but I moved some leaves in the rose bed and my spring plants are already coming up – crocuses and hyacinths and daffodils. I left them uncovered. Fingers crossed we don’t get any really hard freezes.
My life, too, is boring. Yay!
February 21st, 2020 at 9:16 am · Link
Yum…pita chips. Not so big on hummus but LG likes the stuff. Yay for Turbo, crown, and figuring out you need to push through on the WIP. I, too, had a boring week.
1) Stormy came to play Monday because parents didn’t have the day off but his school did. His OT appointment was moved up to the morning so we did that, came home and had lunch–homemade waffle–and then went to the new city play park to play. A cold front blew in so we gave up and came home again. 🥰
2) Speaking of Stormy, his parents have been playing the Harry Potter audio books when then they’re on the road. He’s decided he wants to read the books “all by myself!” To support that, he’s now reading 230 minutes a week and wanting harder books to read. Yayay! 📚
3) My writing/editing has slacked off this week. I have a timeline problem. I need to just write and figure out the structure glitches later. 🤦♀️
4) It got cold. Like…we woke up to 19 degrees today. Brrrr 🥶
5) Loki is playing with the hoodie string on my sweatshirt (which is draped over the arm of my desk chair). Every time I swivel the chair, he freezes and stares at me balefully like I’ve just ruined his game. Ah, my little minion of darkness.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
February 21st, 2020 at 4:07 pm · Link
1. I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying your new washer and dryer. Nothing like nice clean clothes :).
2. “Write it now and fix it later” sounds like a great strategy.
3. Sure hope your neck is doing okay after setting the crown. I know it can take a while and if you’re like me you’re very uncomfortable in the dentist chair. I’m too short and just don’t fit the chair right ;).
4. I’m not a hummus person (hate chick peas) but I’m glad you are making yours from scratch and that you like it.
5. You guys have a great time with Turbo and his parents this weekend :). And when you get home collapse .
1a. The new water treatment system went in Tuesday and I hate my water. I have had them back twice because of the taste and leaks. Yes, ANGRY! This new way to remove the acid from my water may be why the water doesn’t taste pristine. They are hoping it stabilizes and is good within 10 days. They gave me 1 case of water – How big of them.
2. The replacement of my ellipse right leg assembly still hasn’t happened. The machine company was trying to charge me all over again for service charge and travel time. I contacted the normal repair company and they just now handled it all for me. Some companies will do anything to rip you off.
3. We’re taking Harrison and his parents to Applebee’s tomorrow. It’s his favorite restaurant.
4. Bought a trigger point massage ball and have been trying it out on my hip. It gives brief relief. If I could stand the pain and do it longer I might do better ;).
5. This week has been a real tough one so I will be having wine very shortly :).
Have a great weekend!
February 21st, 2020 at 6:51 pm · Link
B.E., I don’t mind the boring weeks at all! Okay now for you:
1) Keeping going, editing 20 pages a day is reasonable.
2) No idea.
3) Sounds like a big accomplishment on the clearing land.
4) It’s so important to stay active, but its not always easy to do.
5) I crossed my fingers to keep the frost away.
Boring is better than traumatic, every danged time. I hope you have a great weekend!
February 21st, 2020 at 6:55 pm · Link
Silver, crown was easy and done!
1) That was a mean cold front to ruin your and Stormy’s fun at the park.
2) Wow, Stormy is rocking this whole reading thing! And yay for Harry Potter getting anyone to read.
3) Timeline problems are a pain. Hope yours is easily sorted out.
4) Sheesh! That’s pretty danged cold!
5) Loki! You always make me smile!
Enjoy the weekend and hope it warms up (although I’m hearing coast to coast storms )
February 21st, 2020 at 7:00 pm · Link
Viki, it was much quicker than I expected at the dentist today. We’ll see how my neck is tonight when it tightens up. Otherwise, I’m just a little sore which is expected.
1) I can see you’ve had a stressful week. I hope the water taste improves dramatically. I’d be angry too.
2) Ugh on your elliptical. Why can’t they just get it right with both shipping the part and not charging you again????
3) I hope you guys have a blast with Harrison at Applebees tomorrow!
4) I hope the trigger point massage ball helps you get some real relief. You’re pain level is too high for a reasonable quality of life
5) I hope the wine helps! This has been a doozy of a week for you.
Hope your weekend is much better than you week, and Harrison brings a much needed shot of joy and fun!