Friday, February 28th, 2020
TGIF! How is today the last day of February? It just started! Anyhow, let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week:
- Wizard is pimping me out for my white chocolate macadamia nut cookies. True story, he came home yesterday from picking up some parts, and said, “My friends at the store like baked goods and I told them about your cookies. Can you make them some?” I’m like…what’s in it for you? He laughed and said his discount. Whatever…
- Today I’ll be buying macadamia nuts and white chocolate because it turns out I’m a pushover.
- Our little serial killer took out another lizard yesterday. Don’t believe her pathetic attempt at an innocent face here. I caught her prancing around with the lizard in her mouth. She was very proud of herself. I made her drop it, and she did–unmoving on it’s back. Sigh. Also this chair is literally falling apart, ignore that. We’re semi-shopping for a new one. Wizard thinks it’s hilarious that we’re buying a new chair for a dog. What has our life come to?
- I made Wizard dispose of the deceased lizard. Refer to #1 and 2 If he’s going to use me, I’m going to use him right back, LOL.
- We may try to go see Turbo again this weekend if Special K isn’t busy, or I’ll keep my butt in the chair and writing. Or I could clean something, but I’d much rather write It’s still slow and my characters are rushing down blind alleys and into dark rooms with no escape plan, but I’m at my keyboard, following them into their folly, then deleting the evidence when necessary.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
February 28th, 2020 at 7:07 am · Link
Shame on Wizard. If the cookies are for his discount, tell him to make them. Cookies aren’t that hard. Geez. LOL. All hail the great lizard hunter, Maggie the Magnificent! I love her chair! Can’t you just recover it or something? Yay for Wizard and the disposal duty. I guess, if he is disposing of dead things for you, you can make cookies for him. Fingers crossed you get some Turbo Time, but yay for writing time, too!
1) I’m this close to sending Ugly and the Beast off for proofing. It’s exiting and scary – not the book, the idea of sending it off. The book is snarky and fun, with some heart-tugging spots and exciting stuffs.
2) Also scary, I’ll be working on writing again as soon as UatB is off being proofed. Cinder Ugly has been a mule to write so far. I need to kick its butt and get to work.
3) The other day, I made chocolate oil cake. It was super yummy. We’re down to one piece left. Hubs wants me to have it, I want Hubs to have it. We’re screwy that way.
4) I gave myself a haircut yesterday. I was letting it grow out into all one length, but it was driving me nuts, so I went a different way and cut it so it frames my face. It’s kinda cute, but we’ll see.
5) One of the hazards of cutting my own hair is that sometimes I get a little distracted and cut my skin. Oops and yeowch. This time, I have a slice on my cheek. Not a big one, but there it is. The hazards of DIY hair styling LOL.
February 28th, 2020 at 8:58 am · Link
Maggie is doing her job! Protecting her humans from those terrible lizards who want to rule the world! Hmmm….Turbo Time…Writing…Turbo Time…Writing. Tough choice. Yay for cookies. You and Wiz are so cute! My five…
1) Loki is getting devious if I’m not up when he thinks I need to be up in the morning. After bouncing across the bed a few times with no results, he creeps into the closet to harrass Boone. He freaks Boone out so the old dog always gets up and moves. Except now he’s up and he needs out so he puts his head on the bed, staring at me and breathing on me. As soon as I swing my feet off the bed, Loki attacks them. That was his goal all along. Cat!
2) Wow moment of the week just happened. I kept seeing odd movement in the honeysuckle bush outside my office window. I put on my far glasses and realized it was a raptor of some sort. As soon as it realized I was looking, it hopped to the ground. I switched windows to see if I could “sneak up” on it (visually at least) and it took off, across the driveway and street to the trees across the way. I couldn’t tell if it was like a small Cooper’s Hawk, a juvenile red tail (it didn’t have a white chest), or maybe the peregrine falcon that I’ve seen occastionally. Cool stuffs!
3) I thought I had the timeline on the new stuff in the current WIP figured out. I didn’t. Iffy got sent to the corner to sulk. Then the other morning, at 3 a.m., it hit me. I’m now back at work. Yay!
4) I’m trying to figure out social security and medicare. Ugh. Makes my head hurt.
5) No Stormy this week. Monday was drizzly/rainy and Baseball Boy’s scrimmage was cancelled so he could go pick up Stormy from school and take him to his OT appointment. Ah well. We’ll see him Sunday at church. He’s singing.
Have a great weekend and since it’s Leap Year, my birthday is delayed a day. Not that I’m excited to be another year older.
February 28th, 2020 at 4:21 pm · Link
1. How sweet of Wizard to brag about you to his friends even if there was an ulterior motive ;).
2. You’re not a pushover, just a loving partner.
3. Love Maggie ;). She is the great lizard hunter!
4. Good for you having Wizard dispose of lizard.
5. I hope you get to see Turbo this weekend the writing will come.
1a. The water system was worked on but I think my taste buds have been damaged. No matter what I drink I taste salt. I feel like I am salt :(. No one else has this problem but me bu tI also drank the water and they did not.
2. The ellipse guy came and replaced the part. They tried to bill me labor again but I said no. He called and I was not billed though it shows I was and wasn’t on the paperwork. Strange.
3. We got a little over 4 inches of snow, not the 8-12 they said. More is supposed to come but I don’t think so.
4. Taking Harrison’s mom and the family to PF Chang’s tomorrow for her birthday dinner. Haven’t been there in many years.
5. Now it’s Lent so I’m stuck making fish every Friday, bummer. Tonight Swai.
Have a wonderful weekend!
February 28th, 2020 at 6:38 pm · Link
B.E., I don’t mind making the cookies, I just didn’t get my butt out today to buy what I need
1) You sound pleased with the book, so I know it’s good! Send it off!
2) Switching between editing and writing isn’t always easy.
3) Maybe you and Hubs could split the last piece?
4) You’re super brave to cut your own hair!
Hope you have a great weekend!
February 28th, 2020 at 6:43 pm · Link
B.E., Maggie is definitely on the job with the lizards, LOL!
1) Loki rules the house!!! So funny!
2) The raptor must come back and let you properly identify it.
3) Why can’t solutions hit us at 9 in the morning instead of 3??? But yay that you solved it!
4) Ugh, good luck. Wizard figured out medicare but it was a process and he started a year in advance.
5) A week without Stormy
Happy Birthday! Another year older is better than the alternative. Have a great weekend!
February 28th, 2020 at 6:48 pm · Link
Viki, it doesn’t look like we’ll get to see Turbo, but it’ll be fine. We’ll see him next weekend.
1) How frustrating with the water system. I’m so sorry!
2) At least your ellipsis is fixed, but what a pain it’s been.
3) You did say the forecasters have been off this year.
4) I hope you guys have a great time at PF Chang’s celebrating your daughter in law’s birthday! And having fun with Harrison
5) Lent seemed to come fast this year.
I hope you guys all have a great weekend and lots of fun at PF Chang’s.