TGIF! Did ya’ll feel the rush of the week speeding by?
Also, if anyone reading this lives near the devastation in Nashville, Tennessee, I’m thinking of you and hope you and those you love are okay.
Now, it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here are mine:
- I’m writing when I can, and although my internal editor is screaming like a banshee, it’s hard to hear her over that big gag I put on her. I’m just moving forward!
- Tax season is a weird time. CPA boy is ONLY quiet during tax season and I find myself randomly worrying. This week, I told Wizard I’m going to encourage CPA Boy to get a check up after tax season. Wizard told me that my Mom Radar needed an adjustment as it was stuck on Crazy. He’s not wrong. Really. CPA Boy is very good at taking care of himself and he has a wife who makes sure he does. My Mom Radar definitely needs an adjustment
- I’m listening to Jessica Simpson’s autobiography. I bought this book on impulse when someone on Twitter raved about it. I’m not having the exact same experience, but I do like that she tries to be positive in general, and more specifically body-positive. She talked about a model she’d met who was anorexic and died in her 20s. Jessica seemed truly changed by that experienced, and that touched me. I loathe diet culture. I’m all for trying to be healthy and strong, or having personal goals. It’s just when we try to force unrealistic expectations on any body (male or female) that I have a problem. As for me, I’m trying to celebrate all the parts of me that work and I can rely on to get me through my day
- Yesterday, I ended up doing a lot, which is kind of how this week has been–stuff just keeps coming up. Anyway, Wizard noticed that I was busy, and started pitching in by unloading the dishwasher and feeding Maggie while I was washing bathroom floors. People, that is love, ya know? I had those two things next on my mental list, and he stepped in and checked them off without me saying a word. I’d much rather have that kind of love and teamwork, then flowers any day of the week!
- We’re going to try to see Turbo one day this weekend, and Middle Son the other day, but we haven’t firmed up those plans with the kids yet because it’s been a wonky week.
That’s my quick Friday Five. Now I’d really love to hear yours! I hope all of you have a great weekend!
March 6th, 2020 at 7:20 am · Link
Whoosh. Yep, there went the week. Yay for gagging your editor and writing when you can. You go, girl! Positive thoughts for CPA boy. I don’t envy him right now. Bummer that you’re not having the rave-worthy reading experience you hoped for. You’re right – we need to focus on being healthy and strong, and celebrating the parts that work right. Yay for Wizard! Stuff like that is worth way more than flowers and candy. Fingers crossed you get some Turbo time this weekend.
1) I spent most of this week being a lump and I’m paying for it now. I have to be active to feel good. The more time I spend being a lump, the crappier I feel.
2) While I was being a lump physically, I got some good words written this week. I’ve already gotten like 7K words out and the week ain’t over. Yay.
3) I did start clearing the garden beds. So many little things popping up under the leaves, I needed to give them love and sun.
4) It’s been gorgeous here these past few days, which is awesome in a way and not in another. When it starts to get warm, I can’t play in the woods anymore. Stupid ticks and snakes are starting to wake up. Bleh.
5) Today might be a good day to go fishing. The local reports are that the fish are biting shallower, so maybe I have a chance from the banks. We’ll see.
March 6th, 2020 at 9:01 am · Link
What B.E. said! And no, I don’t intentionally wait until she’s posted so I can just say, “Ditto!” 🤣 My five:
1) Writing is a chore. I’m also editing for a friend, which I forgot to do because I was reading. Except I can only read for so long. Now I’m going back to fix the uh-ohs I noticed. Good stuff, not many oopsies. Yay.
2) I survived another trip around the sun. Each year is a blessing even if I sound like milk being poured over Rice Krispies when I get up in the morning.
3) Listened to a book I’ve had on hold at the library for months. I almost DNF’d it. Which is said. It’s a new genre for a favorite author. Her language is divine but the execution? Too languid a pace for me, considering the genre.
4) My wow moment of the week: A hawk in the honeysuckle bush outside my office window watching me watching it. Cool stuffs!
5) Tomorrow is pancakes, siren test, and Mexican food. Gentleman Jake gets to go.
Have a great weekend, everyone!
March 6th, 2020 at 4:08 pm · Link
1. Ha ha gagging the internal editor ;).
2. Mom’s just know and mom’s are moms forever.
3. I don’t think I’d enjoy Jessica’s book.
4. You did too much yesterday. You have a good guy in Wizard. My hubs never does anything unless I ask.
5. Hope you get to see Turbo tomorrow. Have a wonderful time.
1a. We’re on the weather roller coaster. Right now, snow. Tomorrow 50’s. Go figure.
2a. Middle son text that he and wife would like to have dinner with us tomorrow. They never do that, so I’m wondering what may be up. Hope it’s good.
3a. Harrison made cupcakes for his mom’s birthday today. He really made them so he could eat frosting – just like me :). It’s blue frosting so his face was all stained.
4a. Bought a commercial grade water test kit and now I have to teach myself how to use and compare the readings to our system. I think my water may be a little too alkaline now. It was very acidic.
5a. I bought a new concealer that has star fruit in it. Will try it out tomorrow and see if it’s all it’s cracked up to be.
Have a wonderful weekend!
March 6th, 2020 at 6:48 pm · Link
B.E, definitely worth more than flowers or candy! Okay now for you:
1) I totally feel you on being a lump. Although sometimes we need a little down time to rest too.
2) Yay for 7k words!
3) Clearing garden beds is not lump like behavior
4) Ugh, ticks and snakes on my Just No list.
5) Hope you fished and caught a big one!
Have a great weekend!
March 6th, 2020 at 6:52 pm · Link
Silver, Ditto works
1) Trying to write your book and edit someone else’s takes a lot of brain power and focused energy!
2) Congrats on another year!
3) Are you glad you hung in there on the book? I almost didn’t finish reading a thriller during the endless (obligatory) chase scene. But I was glad I hung in there for the ending.
4) Very Cool!
5) Wow it’s time for the Siren Test and all that goes with it again!
Enjoy your busy weekend!
March 6th, 2020 at 6:58 pm · Link
Viki, the plans are in place to see Turbo! But wow, today was a frustrating writing day when I expected an easy day. But that’s just how it goes sometimes.
1) Crazy weather. We’ve been hot all week and dropping to cold and rainy tomorrow.
2) I hope they have good or fun news for you!
3) Awww! Harrison is such a sweet boy and I bet he looked adorable with blue frosting on his face. LOL on being like his grandma!
4) Once you are able to test the water, can you adjust it?
5) Hope you love your new concealer. I officially gave up on concealers. I wear makeup but I’m not very good at applying it.
Have a great dinner with Middle Son and wife!
March 8th, 2020 at 3:16 pm · Link
Jen, it was very close to a DNF. I gave up and went to the end to see who did it–not because I cared but because my brain would play hamster on a wheel until I did. EVERYONE was a suspect and the pace was like sleeping in a hammock on a hot summer day–even the parts that were supposed to be really tight and tense. I liked the two main characters. Not much romance so I hesitate to call it a romantic suspense. It’s an expensive book so I’m really glad I waited on it from the library.
March 8th, 2020 at 7:17 pm · Link
Silver, ah, yeah, I’ve read many books I WISHED I’d gotten from the library. Mystery/suspense can be so unpredictable in pacing.
I started reading FIGHTING FOR ELENA! I’m 2 chapters in and really enjoying it!