TGIF! Did ya’ll feel the rush of the week speeding by?
Also, if anyone reading this lives near the devastation in Nashville, Tennessee, I’m thinking of you and hope you and those you love are okay.
Now, it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here are mine:
- I’m writing when I can, and although my internal editor is screaming like a banshee, it’s hard to hear her over that big gag I put on her. I’m just moving forward!
- Tax season is a weird time. CPA boy is ONLY quiet during tax season and I find myself randomly worrying. This week, I told Wizard I’m going to encourage CPA Boy to get a check up after tax season. Wizard told me that my Mom Radar needed an adjustment as it was stuck on Crazy. He’s not wrong. Really. CPA Boy is very good at taking care of himself and he has a wife who makes sure he does. My Mom Radar definitely needs an adjustment
- I’m listening to Jessica Simpson’s autobiography. I bought this book on impulse when someone on Twitter raved about it. I’m not having the exact same experience, but I do like that she tries to be positive in general, and more specifically body-positive. She talked about a model she’d met who was anorexic and died in her 20s. Jessica seemed truly changed by that experienced, and that touched me. I loathe diet culture. I’m all for trying to be healthy and strong, or having personal goals. It’s just when we try to force unrealistic expectations on any body (male or female) that I have a problem. As for me, I’m trying to celebrate all the parts of me that work and I can rely on to get me through my day
- Yesterday, I ended up doing a lot, which is kind of how this week has been–stuff just keeps coming up. Anyway, Wizard noticed that I was busy, and started pitching in by unloading the dishwasher and feeding Maggie while I was washing bathroom floors. People, that is love, ya know? I had those two things next on my mental list, and he stepped in and checked them off without me saying a word. I’d much rather have that kind of love and teamwork, then flowers any day of the week!
- We’re going to try to see Turbo one day this weekend, and Middle Son the other day, but we haven’t firmed up those plans with the kids yet because it’s been a wonky week.
That’s my quick Friday Five. Now I’d really love to hear yours! I hope all of you have a great weekend!