Friday, March 13th, 2020
TGIF and it’s time to share five random things about our week!
- It’s raining a LOT this week. Sometimes I love the rain, but other times, it’s depressing. Especially since I’m spoiled enough with the weather in So. Cal. to be able to walk my dog once or twice a day. Maggie and I both get cranky when our routine is disrupted, LOL!
- Turbo is turning 2 years old next week! That little boy owns a huge chunk of my heart.
- I don’t know what’s going on with Amazon. I ordered Turbo’s birthday gift, and they lost it. This is the THIRD time I’ve had a problem like this in just a few months. But the good news is Turbo is so young, I can grab something else fun to give him and he’ll be fine until his “real” gift shows up. So it’s not really a big deal, just annoying. But it has me wondering why I’m paying so much for “Prime” status when this year it’s just been “problems.”
- Maggie went to her board and groom place for a bath yesterday. She loves the people and the dogs there, but not the bath, and definitely not the blow dryer
- I hope everyone stays well. I know that most people will have mild to moderate symptoms (if any) and recover fine if they get this version of Coronavirus (Covid-19). But many of us are immunocompromised, or have other health conditions that put us at higher risk. Plus, no one wants to get sick :-(. I just want all of you to be well, healthy and happy!
So that’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours!
March 13th, 2020 at 6:06 am · Link
Ugh about the rain and the disruption it causes. I can’t believe Turbo is already two years old. Wow. Bummer about the lost packages. Did Amazon lose them or did the post office lose them? Around here it’s the post office losing stuff – on a regular and irritating basis. Aw, poor Maggie. Baths are awful, huh? :hugs: All is well here. I hope you stay healthy over there. Internet hugs are germ free. :hugs:
1) Now that the gardens are uncovered, the green things in them are starting to thrive. The only problem is the deer are attracted to growing things and are nibbling at stuff this year they would usually leave alone – like my irises.
2) We;re getting a lot of rain here, too, but we’re used to it. Our wet weather creek is even running, which is cool. But we’re not anywhere near floody yet, so it’s all good.
3) I stepped out onto the sun porch yesterday just in time to see a red-shouldered hawk winging it’s way through the woods. So pretty.
4) I also saw out resident roadrunner, Randy, jogging across the road with a lizard in his mouth. Go, Randy. Hunt while the hunting is good. Of course, I’d rather he eat snakes than lizards, but whatever keeps him fat and healthy. Seeing him always makes me smile.
5) The proofs of Ugly and the Beast are in. I’ll be tackling that this weekend and will hopefully have an idea of release day soon. Meanwhile, I’m making good progress with Cinder Ugly. I just have to juggle the edits with the writing for a little bit here. :cue circus music:
March 13th, 2020 at 8:42 am · Link
Turbo 2! Stormy 6! Time needs to stop. (Just kidding.) Poor Maggie. Boone hates baths. Jake likes getting wet, he just doesn’t like getting dried with a towel. Forget the blow dryer Rain today and tomorrow. We need it but it doesn’t disrupt my schedule. You and Maggie need your walkies! Okay, my five…
1) Yesterday was 80. Today, 50. Yesterday, the windows were open and fans going. I didn’t see him, but I heard a woodpecker. I like the sound.
2) I had one daffodil on my b-day. Then a different clump put out 1 bloom. Now I have several clumbs right in front of my window with several blooms. I 💖 daffodils.
3) The Masked Singer blew my minds this week. Mama Bear FTW, even though she was unmasked and sent home.
4) I defaulted to my “chicken soup” book this week. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve read or listened to NAKED IN DEATH. It never fails.
5) I’m totally bummed that college and pro sports are shutting down and either cancelling or suspending for now. I get it but I feel for the spring sport athletes–especially the seniors–who won’t have a chance at a national championship. I don’t get the panic. The flu has made far more and killed far more than Covid-19. Risk groups? Hell yeah, be careful. Exposed? Self-quarantine. Oklahoma had 3 cases. One of those has recovered. Is that all over the news? Nope. *climbs off soapbox*
6) Ending on a happy note: It’s raining and the birds are still singing. Flowers are blooming. Life is good.
March 13th, 2020 at 2:54 pm · Link
1. Glad you’re getting rain but understand how not getting the daily walks in can be annoying.
2. Happy Birthday to Turbo this week. Two is a great birthday. They really seem to get it.
3. Amazon has been having trouble for a while now. My kid has Prime and he complains to them when things go wrong and they have been giving him nice compensation. Try complaining.
4. Oh no the bath and blow out. Can’t blame Maggie.
5. This virus has become quite a pain for every day life especially with all the idiots going crazy at the stores.
1a. I went shopping today for normal stuff. It was insane. They have bought out everything. I could find any meat other than deli :(.
2a. I agree with you on the virus. Just be smart and keep your hands clean and away from your face. I guess we’re at a little higher risk but I’m not stressing it.
3a. Harrison says his name – sarasin spode🤣. I laugh so hard.
4a. It’s been a cool sunny day. So deceiving. You expect it to be warm. Snow tomorrow.
5a. I’m going to try shopping at 2 different stores tomorrow. Wish me luck. I need to get my corned beef brisket for Tuesday😉.
March 13th, 2020 at 6:16 pm · Link
B.E., it’s Amazon losing them. Now they aren’t shipping the reorder. I’m sure all the chaos in the world isn’t helping right now. I’ll just pick something else up for Turbo until I can get this sorted out.
1) Naughty deer! Hope they find something else to nibble on.
2) I’ve been hearing you’re getting a lot of rain. We aren’t used to more than a week of rainy weather, but we need it so there’s that.
3) Good timing on seeing the hawk!
4) Randy the Roadrunner–lol!! We’ve had a roadrunner show up here a time or two, and they are fearless little buggers when they want something. Unfortunately, they once got our baby hummingbirds. I’m still mad
5) You’re doing a great jog of juggling!
Hope you have a great weekend!
March 13th, 2020 at 6:28 pm · Link
Silver, our grandsons are growing too fast!
1) That’s quite a weather swing. I think of camping when I think of woodpeckers as we used to hear them all the time when we camped in the olden days.
2) Yay for your single daffodil on your birthday!
3) I heard about Masked Singer! I didn’t watch it this week (I’m so bad at remembering to watch TV shows), but I heard.
4) I’m listening to the latest In Death book right now! I really enjoyed Naked too! Her ability to keep her characters so vivid and consistent is amazing.
5) Yeah, it’s pretty crazy out there. My poor pharmacist if so over it today. I’m very sorry about all the sports and other things shutting down. A lot of people are going to feel the impact, some severely (small business types) either financially or otherwise. It sucks, but I understand this reasoning. It’s been a tough week all around, hasn’t it? And you can always vent here!
6) Thank you for the good note! I’ve been hearing the birds singing today, despite on and off rain, and lightens my mood.
Hope your weekend is good despite all the sport cancellations.
March 13th, 2020 at 6:41 pm · Link
Viki, you’re right, and everyone is going to feel the pain of this virus in some way. And no matter what we do or don’t do, people will complain. Sigh. On a happier note, Maggie and I went for a walk in on and off sprinkles and had fun.
1) I saw just a tiny smidge of the craziness doing small errands today. Wizard and I shopped Tuesday early in the morning, so I didn’t notice much except that the toilet paper aisle was half bare. I don’t understand this mass panic. It’s unwarranted and causing too much stress for reasonable folks.
2) Exactly. I’m not worried. I still go to the gym, which everyone knows is a germ party, and live my life, I just wash my hands. I’m not sure of your entire medical history, but yeah, I’d guess you’re at some risk. I’m on immune-repressing medication, so…soap and water are part of my routine
3) Oh my gosh, that’s sooo cute! I can picture Harrison saying it!
4) I bet it was pretty today even though it’s cold. Enjoy the snow!
5) I hope you can find your corned beef and anything else you need.
Have a great weekend!