I’d say TGIF, but with so many people home on various levels of quarantines or “stay at home” orders, and the rest working in very high stress situations right now, I don’t know if it fits.
Hmm, maybe we should go with SHF “Stay Healthy Friday?” Or SFSF “Stay Financially Solvent Friday?” Or even SPF Not the sunscreen, but rather, “Stay Positive Friday.”
In any case, here we are and it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine.
- Writing sucked. Sorry, but it did. However, today I will defeat the suckage.
- I put my shirt on backwards yesterday and realized it after I took Maggie out for a walk. In my defense, I’m an idiot
- Yesterday I found a half can of chocolate frosting in the fridge. I also had graham crackers. You do the math, but here’s a hint: Today I’ll be ordering a bigger size of clothes, LOL. (I didn’t eat it all).
- Wizard and I cooked up some food and took it to his mom on Wednesday. It’s downright weird to have to be so careful. All we did was hand off the food, make sure she was okay and leave. No touching, no hugging, heck I didn’t even set my purse down. She and her husband are older and have some health issues, and we exercised extreme caution. The thing is, this goes against my grain where we take care of family first and always, especially our moms. My mom has been gone for years, but Wizard’s mom is still with us and I want to keep her as long as possible. But we’re all struggling with these issues right now.
- When Wizard and I were in the car, one of the radio stations was talking about a mayor in Italy. One of them was so furious at the citizens breaking the social distancing orders that he yelled in Italian something like (I’m going from memory): Go ahead, have your family barbecue. We will send the police over. We will send flamethrowers. I laughed so hard, I cried. Please understand, I know how bad it’s been in Italy and my heart breaks for them. But this mayor was done being nice, he was bringing out the flamethrowers. It just struck me as hilarious, which I’m sure either means I’m a little stressed, or just crazy
So that’s my week, now I’d love to hear five random things you’d like to share. I hope everyone has a safe and best-you-can-make-it-under-the-circumstances weekend.
March 27th, 2020 at 8:01 am · Link
We won’t discuss writing, clothes, or chocolate. Because…yeah. I have that T-shirt and wear it. A lot. I’d vote for that mayor! And yeah, it’s tough with distancing from family, but you’re good children because I bet you’d go get them groceries or whatever they need!
1) I have a few tulips blooming. They are red. And bright. And make me smile.
2) We’ve opened the windows. (It was 92 yesterday!) Loki is beside himself. He does the black kitty ninja zoom from room to room. Once this is over, the little dude is getting fixed!
3) Oops. It’s Friday. BRB…Trash day. I forgot to put the container on the curb last night. The truck runs early through here so needed to do that. While I was out, I discovered that I have wisteria blooming. Yay! We had a late freeze so I was worried.
4) That reminds me, I should retrieve the hummingbird feeder, clean it, fill it and put it outside.
5) Commercials. Like 60% of the commercials are for businesses that are closed, but the air time was paid for and they’re in the traffic line up. 20% are companies telling us how they feel for us and are helping so buy their stuff. And 20% are car commercials offering great deals.
So, the weather’s nice. I should take Jake for walks. I gotta hit the grocery store sooner than later. My brain is still refusing to brain. LG underfoot is a…treat. Yes, there’s lots of eyerolling going on around here. But we and ours are healthy, the kids employed though Only had to take a temporary cut–everyone in the company did so they could keep all employees on the payroll. Baseball Boy is working on his on-air presentations of classes. And Stormy is building incredible Lego stuffs for his teacher’s daily Lego challenge. Only is posting pictures on her FB page. All things considered, life ain’t that bad! Have the best weekend possible. Stay well!
March 27th, 2020 at 3:22 pm · Link
1. I really hope that the writing went better today.
2/3. HA HA I’ve done both.
4. That was so very sweet of you and Wizard cooking for his mom and step dad. I feel for you not being able to connect. We don’t even touch each other in this house right now – why risk it.
5. I vote for a little of both. I’ve noticed I laugh at horrible stuff right now.
1a. The news conference today says we won’t peak until May. I don’t know how everyone will be able to stay in their homes that long w/o doing bodily harm.
2a. We’re getting a fish fry again tonight. I ordered local and will go pick it up. Also, a little brewery open that only cans a few hundred a week. I ordered 8 for $32 and will pick them up too. Supporting local.
3a. Youngest was working from home and then was told he was essential and had to go downtown. He did for 3 days and is now back to at home. Spunk loves it!
4a. I’m so sick of evil people trying to take advantage of what is happening. All I can say is karma will bite them in the ass.
5a. Finally found toilet paper yesterday. I have never had Great Northern. Guess we’ll see.
Have a great weekend and stay healthy!
March 27th, 2020 at 6:00 pm · Link
Sorry I’m late, but we’re three on a modem right now and I’m limiting my online time. Sorry your writing was a bust. It’s hard to focus on writing with all the crazypants going on. You’re not an idiot, you’re stressed out. Which is why you’re also eating chocolate frosting out of the can and laughing about flamethrowers. :HUGS: Sorry you can’t hug your Mom-in-law right now. That totally sucks, but I totally get it.
1) My brother told my mom she’s not allowed to leave the house and my sister is his enforcer. Mom’s okay with that for the most part. She likes to read. I think, as an act of defiance, she went out and swept her porch, though. Take that!
2) I’m not getting any writing or editing done either, but I refuse to beat myself up over it. It’ll happen when it happens. Maybe this weekend now that…
3) The Kid is here. Her flights were really empty and they arrived early. She’s fine. We’re fine. Everyone we know and care about is fine. Now we just have to keep it that way.
4) I have this thing where if the stress is low level I eat lots, but if it’s high level, I can’t eat anything. It all tastes like sawdust. Bleh. My stress must have dropped back into low level because food tastes good again. Which is good because…
5) The Kid made an apple bundt cake this afternoon. And now I have to go so i can eat cake.
:HUGS: Stay safe over there.
March 27th, 2020 at 8:23 pm · Link
Silver, it’s tough times for all of us.
1) Yay for the bright spot of blooming tulips.
2) Spring Fever!
3) Glad you got the trashcans out in time And saw the wisteria withstood the freeze to bloom for you now.
4) Lucky hummingbirds.
5) I noticed the same thing with commercials.
Sounds like your family is coping as well as can be expected. Husband’s underfoot is a unique challenge, LOL. I really hope you all have a good weekend.
March 27th, 2020 at 8:31 pm · Link
Viki, my morning attempt at writing was a fail but afternoon went better. Probably like everyone else, I’m trying to keep a sense of humor
1) I don’t know either. I’m ready to bug out soon and I’ve been doing necessary errands so I’m getting out occassionally.
2) That’s great of you to support your local businesses. We’ve been focusing a bit on our smaller contractors we’ve used.
3) I bet you and Spunk are both happy when Youngest works from home. All mine are working from their homes as much as possible and I’m relieved too. One daughter in law who works for a vet has to go in, and I worry about her a lot.
4) I can’t even deal with the evil. Someone here was aghast that sick people came to our town to get tested. We have a minor league baseball field with a lot of room to set up drive through testing. While I really want to be safe, I also want sick people to get tested and the help they need!
5) SCORE on the toilet paper! I was super picky about the toilet paper I’d buy…until now. Everything has changed, and I’ll take what I can get. So glad you found some!
I hope youngest can work from home all the time now, and you all stay well. Enjoy your weekend.
March 27th, 2020 at 8:38 pm · Link
B.E., yay!!! I was wondering if your daughter got home okay and all was well. I totally understand you won’t be online as much right now, but glad to know you’re all safe and well.
1) Okay, I’m loving your mom! She chose a wise defiance. It’s safe enough for her to get outside and do something constructive like sweep the porch. But she didn’t so something foolish like go into a crowd.
2) You’re very wise not to beat yourself up. I’m trying not to either, as it doesn’t help us stay well. Right now it’s a challenge to stay positive, but it’s the best thing for us to do.
3) Again, I’m so relieved to hear your daughter made it home safe and well. I know you’ll be watching her to make sure she doesn’t get sick, but being home helps.
4) I don’t eat when I’m super worried (like Wizard in the hospital) but this is more frustration eating because I hate being passive. I like to do and fix, not sit and wait I’m glad you’re appetite returned because…
5) Apple Bundt Cake!! Yum! Sounds like your daughter gets her baking skills from you!
Thanks for the hugs, and hugs back to you! Enjoy the weekend!