I’d say TGIF, but with so many people home on various levels of quarantines or “stay at home” orders, and the rest working in very high stress situations right now, I don’t know if it fits.
Hmm, maybe we should go with SHF “Stay Healthy Friday?” Or SFSF “Stay Financially Solvent Friday?” Or even SPF Not the sunscreen, but rather, “Stay Positive Friday.”
In any case, here we are and it’s time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine.
- Writing sucked. Sorry, but it did. However, today I will defeat the suckage.
- I put my shirt on backwards yesterday and realized it after I took Maggie out for a walk. In my defense, I’m an idiot
- Yesterday I found a half can of chocolate frosting in the fridge. I also had graham crackers. You do the math, but here’s a hint: Today I’ll be ordering a bigger size of clothes, LOL. (I didn’t eat it all).
- Wizard and I cooked up some food and took it to his mom on Wednesday. It’s downright weird to have to be so careful. All we did was hand off the food, make sure she was okay and leave. No touching, no hugging, heck I didn’t even set my purse down. She and her husband are older and have some health issues, and we exercised extreme caution. The thing is, this goes against my grain where we take care of family first and always, especially our moms. My mom has been gone for years, but Wizard’s mom is still with us and I want to keep her as long as possible. But we’re all struggling with these issues right now.
- When Wizard and I were in the car, one of the radio stations was talking about a mayor in Italy. One of them was so furious at the citizens breaking the social distancing orders that he yelled in Italian something like (I’m going from memory): Go ahead, have your family barbecue. We will send the police over. We will send flamethrowers. I laughed so hard, I cried. Please understand, I know how bad it’s been in Italy and my heart breaks for them. But this mayor was done being nice, he was bringing out the flamethrowers. It just struck me as hilarious, which I’m sure either means I’m a little stressed, or just crazy
So that’s my week, now I’d love to hear five random things you’d like to share. I hope everyone has a safe and best-you-can-make-it-under-the-circumstances weekend.