Another week in our New Reality, and time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- This week, I ran to Costco for some stuff, and Wow they were organized! It’s the second time I’ve gone during this pandemic, and both times, they kept things moving. I’m wearing my mask, being careful and washing my hands
- I had a medicine refill mistake that was 50% my fault and 50% the pharmacy’s. Just to be clear, I’m fine and no harm done. When I took the medicine in and explained the problem, they quickly refilled it correctly. I know they are slammed with panicked, and in some cases, irrational and demanding people. Yet they are still working hard and handling things professionally.
- I refuse to engage in the white noise going on with the self-appointed experts on social media. We just trying to keep ourselves healthy, and we do small things to help others since neither Wizard or I have any medical and otherwise essential skills. But we can shop for high-risk relatives, take them to medically necessary appointments, little stuff like that. And each day, I try to find one person who was targeted by an idiot and say something positive in the comments to counterbalance cruel and stupid trolls out there. It’s not much but it makes me feeling like I’m doing something, as opposed to nothing.
- So far, I’ve resisted baking, but I will be making chocolate chips cookies soon, like possibly even today.
- Yesterday I called my doctor’s office. I’m NOT sick. However, I’ve been watching a very small skin lesion, and decided I’d better check with my doctor before I let this go too long. The office was incredibly fast and organized, I called about 8:30 am and they schedule a tele-visit at 10:40 am. My doctor called way earlier than my assigned time because he’s the type to just get things done, LOL! Once I explained, he switched to a video conference. After seeing the small lesion, he determined the best course of action is to come in and have it frozen off rather than wait and see. So I’m going in this morning. I am very impressed with how well they handled this, even assuring me that they were seeing few patients and taking all precautions in relationship to Covid-19. I wasn’t even worried to begin with I’m also not worried about this small spot, I’m just being proactive so it doesn’t become something to worry about.
So that’s a few things about my week. Now I’d love to hear your five random things!
Stay safe and well, and have a nice weekend.