Friday, May 8th, 2020
TGIF! I’m hoping you all are healthy physically and emotionally. And most especially, Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there!
Now let’s jump into sharing five random things around our week.
- I ordered Maggie’s new chair on the April 18th, and it never arrived. They created a shipping label, but never actually shipped it. After multiple tries, (frustrated eye roll), I got through to Target on May 1st, the gal was super helpful. She canceled the chair, issued a refund and ordered a new on. This one shipped, and guess what? Yesterday TWO chairs arrived. Yep they shipped the canceled chair and the new one. So I called Target, waited on hold 48 minutes, and they said “Keep the second chair at no additional cost.” Well, okay then. So now I’m just waiting to see if this is the end of the story, or another plot twist is coming
- In a separate issue, my desk chair is cracking, peeling and looking bad. We’d just begun looking for a new one when Covid hit. So the other day, it dawned on me that maybe I could order a seat cover. I clicked away $10.00 on Amazon, a cover arrived and now the chair is like new! Cheap and easy fix! So yay.
- I spent two days writing, writing, writing. then yesterday got slammed by allergies that aggravate my tinnitus. I tried to power through, but stupid time-consuming stuff kept popping up like unruly weeds. I walked away, but while doing something else, I realized what my next scene should be. I’m begging all the Writing Deities, Please Let This Continue!!!
- My blogging platform updated and now I can’t find my spell check. I actually feel stupid, I’m probably looking right at it and somehow missing it. But people, I NEED spell check. I type and read fast, and often, my brain will automatically fix typos so I don’t register them as I’m rereading, especially on a computer screen. Plus, I’m a very creative speller, LOL!
- If my allergies clear up today, we’ll see Turbo this weekend. Otherwise, Mother’s Day will be quiet.
So that’s my Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!
May 8th, 2020 at 6:27 am · Link
ROFL… too funny about the chairs. I hope no more plot twists come from that. Yay for cheap seat covers! Yay for writing writing writing, but boo for the tinnitus. Double yay for the new scene idea popping up. Fingers crossed for continued scene pops. Yep, my brain ‘fixes’ typos, too. Silly brains. Fingers crossed you get to see Turbo this weekend. :hugs: And Happy Mother’s Day!
1) This will be the first Mother’s Day I’ve spent with Owl in 8 years. We’re not doing anything, but she’s here.
2) Life has settled into some semblance of normalcy.
3) I took Kira to the vet. She has an upper respiratory infection. Plus, they did blood work and her kidneys are starting to go, which isn’t surprising since she’ll be 17 tomorrow (84 in kitty years.) She’s on a a kidney pill now and antibiotics for her URI.
4) I finally got Ugly and the Beast out into the world this week.
5) Yesterday, I went fishing bright and early. Got to watch the sun come up over the lake, which was kind of pretty through the morning fog. And a flock of cedar waxwings flew over my head and landed in a nearby tree, which was cool. And I actually caught a few fish. None of them keepers, but hey, it’s always nice to be at the lake. =o)
May 8th, 2020 at 8:26 am · Link
What a week you had! Are the poppies blooming? Watch your credit card for extra charges but yay on a free chair if it works out. Fingers crossed on Turbo Time and yay on writing inspiration! 💖
1. Storms rolled through about 1 a.m. Noisy and rain but nothing bad here. Other place got bad hail–like baseball sized. Ouch! 🌩
2. Loki has a love/hate relationship with my feet. Since I switched to the chenille bedspread, he’s on my bed a lot and he’s either cuddling my foot or biting/clawing it. 🙄 Cat… 😼
3. Finally have a release date for my next Desire–Feb. 2021. Edits are coming next month. 🖥
4. Also in writing news, after one last read-through, I’ll be sending off my short story and query to 1001. 🤞
5. I still have a few honeysuckle blooms on the bush. When the breeze sneaks through the window I get a whiff and it makes me smile. LG reminisced yesterday about picking the flowers as a kid and drawing out the bead of nectar and tasting it. Me too. Next year, I’ll make sure Stormy gets to do that! 🥰
Happy Mother’s Day. Have an awesome weekend. 😊
May 8th, 2020 at 2:45 pm · Link
1. Took long enough but you got Maggie’s chair :). What are you going to do with the extra chair?
2. Good going with the chair cover. Did you have any problem getting it to fit right? I remember the covers for furniture in the 70’s and they never fit right. They were always baggy.
3. That’s really good news on the writing front.
4. I hope you find the spell check.
5. Sure hope your allergies are better and you get to visit Turbo this weekend.
1a. It was snowing a little while ago. We’re supposed to have lake effect set up over night and tomorrow. Kind of late for all this cold weather and snow but I will never complain :).
2a. Hubs wants to go over to Harrison’s tomorrow and talk to him through the window. I’m kind of busy but I guess I’ll let things go so I can see the little dude :).
3a. Salons are supposed to open next Friday with very strong restrictions. Cassie has said nothing, wonder if she’s planning on not going back to work. They need her income to help pay for the huge brand new house they bought 3 years ago, but who knows. I sure hope she goes back my 1 1/4 inch roots really need to go ;).
4a. We’re still planning on going to middle son and DIL’s Sunday. I’m going to make a strawberry lemonade frozen pie. Saw the recipe on FB and it’s super easy.
5a. Are your poppies in bloom? I saw a composite view from the Space Station and the coverage is huge :).
Have a Very Happy Mother’s Day!
May 8th, 2020 at 5:01 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on all! Now for you:
1) Yay for having your daughter there for Mother’s Day this year!
2) Normal is good, even if it’s different. What else can we do but adjust?
3) Poor Kira! But she’s a tough kitty with a long life, that’s something to celebrate.
4) Huge Congrats at getting Ugly and the Beast published!! That’s great news and I’ll grab my copy.
5) Sounds like a great day fishing and enjoying nature.
Happy Mother’s Day and have a nice weekend!
May 8th, 2020 at 5:06 pm · Link
Silver, yep that’s what I’m doing, watching for extra charges.
1) Glad you guys didn’t get hit with the monster balls of hail.
2) Yikes! Getting bit by kitten teeth would make me wear shoes to bed, LOL!
3) Great news on your release date! These are troublesome times and it’s great to celebrate all good news! I’m excited to read it next February.
4) Another fabulous accomplishment!
5) I remember doing that with the nectar as a kid too. Enjoy the scents!
Hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day and a good weekend!
May 8th, 2020 at 5:13 pm · Link
Viki, I think we’re going to hold off on Turbo. I can’t be a 100% sure it’s not a cold, so while it’s a bummer, we are being extra cautious right now. For the extra chair, right now we’re keeping it boxed in case Target decides to charge us. Later, I can put it in a room upstairs.
1) In May? Wow! Well enjoy it while it lasts.
2) I know what you mean! I’m usually willing to let things slide for Turbo. I wish you could see him without the window barrier.
3) Sure hope she at least will do your hair! I know in the scheme of things, our hair isn’t that important. But I’ll be happy to get mine done. I’m not clear on when our salons will open.
4) That sounds refreshing! Let me know how it turns out.
5) We had a few blooms a while ago, but nothing like last year. But those areas have a hard closure, so no one is supposed to be on those trails.
Happy Mother’s Day and enjoy your dinner at Middle’s new house!