TGIF! I’m hoping you all are healthy physically and emotionally. And most especially, Happy Mother’s Day to all the Moms out there!
Now let’s jump into sharing five random things around our week.
- I ordered Maggie’s new chair on the April 18th, and it never arrived. They created a shipping label, but never actually shipped it. After multiple tries, (frustrated eye roll), I got through to Target on May 1st, the gal was super helpful. She canceled the chair, issued a refund and ordered a new on. This one shipped, and guess what? Yesterday TWO chairs arrived. Yep they shipped the canceled chair and the new one. So I called Target, waited on hold 48 minutes, and they said “Keep the second chair at no additional cost.” Well, okay then. So now I’m just waiting to see if this is the end of the story, or another plot twist is coming
- In a separate issue, my desk chair is cracking, peeling and looking bad. We’d just begun looking for a new one when Covid hit. So the other day, it dawned on me that maybe I could order a seat cover. I clicked away $10.00 on Amazon, a cover arrived and now the chair is like new! Cheap and easy fix! So yay.
- I spent two days writing, writing, writing. then yesterday got slammed by allergies that aggravate my tinnitus. I tried to power through, but stupid time-consuming stuff kept popping up like unruly weeds. I walked away, but while doing something else, I realized what my next scene should be. I’m begging all the Writing Deities, Please Let This Continue!!!
- My blogging platform updated and now I can’t find my spell check. I actually feel stupid, I’m probably looking right at it and somehow missing it. But people, I NEED spell check. I type and read fast, and often, my brain will automatically fix typos so I don’t register them as I’m rereading, especially on a computer screen. Plus, I’m a very creative speller, LOL!
- If my allergies clear up today, we’ll see Turbo this weekend. Otherwise, Mother’s Day will be quiet.
So that’s my Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!