Thursday, May 21st, 2020
TGIF! Time to jump right into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I can see the end of this book. I’m pretty close. It’ll need a lot of work, but after years of stops and starts in my struggle to write again, it feels pretty amazing. I’m now having trouble stopping work
- Fireworks went off the other night, scaring Maggie. She seemed okay until I told her to go to bed. Instead of running into her kennel, she raced upstairs to a small bed we have for her up there. She refused to come down when I called her, and I had to carry her to the kennel. That was strange, but she slept all night and seemed fine in the morning. Surely my sweet little dog wasn’t trying to manipulate me????
- Covid seems to be spiking in some areas of California. Unsurprisingly, its in one area where protesters held a rally, shoulder to shoulder with no masks, demanding the governor open the beaches. It’s all just sad. I would have understood a protest to go back to work, but was opening the beaches worth dying for (they’ve had their highest death rate the last two days as well)? I can totally respect disagreeing with methods and expression frustration, but can we just take some reasonable precautions as we learn to live with this? I’m just sad about this today. Not fearful, but plain sad.
- The heat is back!
- Turbo and his parents are coming over for Memorial day to swim. We are looking forward to that! Youngest will probably come by, and we’ve made plans to see Middle son next week. Next, I will figure out a safe way to see Biker Witch (my sister).
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
May 21st, 2020 at 8:06 pm · Link
I am so excited that you are almost done with the book. I have been waiting for it! Have a great Memorial Day weekend with your family. Stay cool and safe. Valerie
May 22nd, 2020 at 8:30 am · Link
Yay on the book! Poor Maggie. She just wanted company. Most of our “current” deaths happened previously but are just now being attributed to the virus. We appear to be on the downside curve. 🤞 Boo heat. Yay Turbo and family!!! 💖
1. I finished (sort of) MOONSTRUCK: BETRAYAL. I let it sit yesterday and today I’ll start the final reread/edits/transfer to .docx and then formatting. I hope my cover arrives this weekend, which means I can start uploading next week! 🖥
2. It’s raining. Sort of. Storms rolled through about 5 a.m. Nothing severe for us but others in the area were hit with high wind and power outages. We got heavy rain, which we always need. On the back side now so just drips. 🌩
3. I heard a bird the other day and its call ended with what I thought sounded like “kitty-kitty-kitty.” I laughed. 😁
4. Only posted first day of kindergarden/last day of kindergarden pictures of Stormy. I swear the kid’s grown 6 inches! And that really isn’t an exaggeration. He wanted to be a cop at the beginning. Now he wants to be an astronaut. At his age, his mother wanted to be a forest ranger smoke jumper storm chaser. Don’t ask. 🤣
5. Boone has decided that under my desk is his new dog house. When he isn’t in my closet. I wouldn’t have a problem with this except he IS AS BIG as my desk. There’s no room for my feet or legs. I’m on the lookout for a folding TV tray table, but with everyone working from home, those suckers are as hard to find as toilet paper was a month ago. Until then, I’ll just be uncomfortable because…really old dog. He gets to be comfortable.
Have a great Memorial Day weekend. I’ll be working since the American Legion isn’t handing out poppies. See you on the other side. 🥰
May 22nd, 2020 at 3:22 pm · Link
1. That’s fantastic news on the book :).
2. Poor Maggie :(.
3. I hear you on the protesting. I have no problem with any protesting but they should practice safety and think of others. Also, I am a 2nd amendment freak but it is SO stupid of these idiots to protest openings armed.
4. Yuck to heat.
5. Yes! Turbo and the pool – oh right, the adults are coming too ;). Have a great time.
1a. Have been dealing with more body issues than normal lately. I think it’s this crazy weather. Just can’t make up it’s mind. Today cold and rainy. Tomorrow sunny and mid 80’s.
2a. We’re going to go out to one of our favorite local places tomorrow. So looking forward to it.
3a. May go talk to Harrison through the window tomorrow.
4a. Youngest is going on a three day hike tomorrow. Will miss him. We’ve been together for weeks.
5a. It’s going to get hot, 80’s , and humid for the next 8 days. We will be seeing if the air conditioning works ;).
Have a lovely weekend and enjoy your Memorial Day.
May 22nd, 2020 at 4:12 pm · Link
Valerie, thank you! I hope you and your family have a great weekend too!
May 22nd, 2020 at 4:18 pm · Link
Silver, yay for a downward curve!
1) AWESOME on finishing the book!
2) Lot’s of weather going on in your areas.
3) LOL, that made me think of Tweety Bird
4) I’ll have to gl look at Stormy’s pics. And wow, his mom sure was ambitious But then, my oldest son’s career goal at that age was to, “own all the water” so…yeah…we never knew where he came up with that one.
5) Oh Boone! Too funny that he’s taken over under your desk. I have a huge space under my desk, but Boone is so big, I’m pretty sure even that wouldn’t work. Hope you find a TV tray.
Hope you have a great weekend, and find a way to enjoy Memorial Day.
May 22nd, 2020 at 4:27 pm · Link
Viki, I didn’t quite understand the armed protest either. But since that wasn’t in my state, I didn’t react as I did here. I was telling Wizard the other day that if a crew of hungry sharks were patrolling the shores, and CA closed the beaches, I bet we’d have a JAWS situation. He laughed way too hard at that. For me, though, I looked at fighting to open beaches as “Is this REALLY the hill you want to die on during a pandemic when people are losing lives, jobs and emotional stability?” But to each his own, I guess.
1) Weather can sure trigger pain flares in chronic issues. I’m sorry.
2) I dream of going out to eat, but even when things open, we’ll be cautious for awhile.
3) I hope you can see Harrison! I feel guilty that I get to play with Turbo. But every set of parents has to make their own decisions.
4) Oh yeah, you’ll miss your youngest. Good for him getting out on a hike. Three days sounds crazy to me now, but at his age, it’s fun
5) Sure hope your air conditioning works! I hate the humidity.
Hope you enjoy the weekend!
May 22nd, 2020 at 8:36 pm · Link
Sorry I’m late. Yay for your writing! You go, girl! Poor Maggie. :hugs: Yay for upcoming Turbo time!
1) Not sure where my head has been at lately. Scattered.
2) The deer didn’t eat my lilies and the buds didn’t fall off this year, so they’re blooming. Yay! I have one yellow and one pink already open. I posted a pic to FB.
3) Hubs and I took a nice walk together today. If we’re exercising, we walk separately, but this was just to stroll and look at the scenery. The wild things blooming smell so pretty – roses, privet, honeysuckle. =o)
4) Being an adult sucks sometimes. I really want a dog, but I’m adult enough to know I can’t have a dog right now. I wouldn’t be fair to Kira and it wouldn’t be fair to the dog. And it wouldn’t be fair to Owl, because she’s living here for the next few months and she’s allergic to dogs.
5) I made another chocolate oil cake this week and put super fudgy frosting on it. Like I needed another cake in the house. But it’s chocolate. Everyone needs chocolate, right?
May 23rd, 2020 at 1:30 pm · Link
B.E. happy to see you here whenever you have the time!
1) That happens to me too.
2) Your Lily’s defined the odds
3) Nature walks are one of my favorite, not Wizard isn’t into it.
4) Ugh, I’m sorry! I know what that want is like. But one day it will happen!
5) Chocolate is–co-opting the term of the moment–essential!
Have a great weekend!