TGIF! Wow this was a speedy week. And now it’s already time to share five random things about our week.
- My face is healing after losing the fight with a knob. So humiliating. The only two places I’ve gone this week is grocery shopping and I had to return something at Kohls.
- Speaking of Kohls, the one nearest me just reopened. They have limited hours, one way in and one way out, employees are wearing masks and cleaning after each customer. I appreciate all their precautions. What I don’t appreciate is the older woman who pitched a fit because the dressing rooms are not open yet, and she was rude to clerks. It must have been a shock for her to learn that Kohls decided protecting all the customer and employees health is more important that her wish to try something on.
- I started reading through my book yesterday, and got about 120 pages done. And suddenly, I’m feeling all the old pressure of trying to do a LOT of work, and meet other demands on my time. Making it even more frustrating, Wizard is bored and I try not to work past 4 or 5. I’m not complaining, but I’m really seeing how danged hard I drove myself in the past. I’ll find a good balance.
- I planted my three herbs in the cute container and they are already sprouting on my kitchen windowsill! I suspect I goofed up the way I put the seeds in but the instructions were unclear, and I had no idea what I was doing. Live and learn.
- It looks like Turbo is coming over Saturday. The plan is a little vague, something about Turbo and his mom will come to my house, Wizard and Oldest will go to help Youngest do something, then all will return to swim, and somehow food will magically appear. I suspect I’m the magic that will make food appear Okay, that’s not true, they would all be fine with picking something up. I have to remember that *I’m* the one who puts too many expectations on myself.
So that’s my five, and now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!