Friday, June 5th, 2020
TGIF! Wow this was a speedy week. And now it’s already time to share five random things about our week.
- My face is healing after losing the fight with a knob. So humiliating. The only two places I’ve gone this week is grocery shopping and I had to return something at Kohls.
- Speaking of Kohls, the one nearest me just reopened. They have limited hours, one way in and one way out, employees are wearing masks and cleaning after each customer. I appreciate all their precautions. What I don’t appreciate is the older woman who pitched a fit because the dressing rooms are not open yet, and she was rude to clerks. It must have been a shock for her to learn that Kohls decided protecting all the customer and employees health is more important that her wish to try something on.
- I started reading through my book yesterday, and got about 120 pages done. And suddenly, I’m feeling all the old pressure of trying to do a LOT of work, and meet other demands on my time. Making it even more frustrating, Wizard is bored and I try not to work past 4 or 5. I’m not complaining, but I’m really seeing how danged hard I drove myself in the past. I’ll find a good balance.
- I planted my three herbs in the cute container and they are already sprouting on my kitchen windowsill! I suspect I goofed up the way I put the seeds in but the instructions were unclear, and I had no idea what I was doing. Live and learn.
- It looks like Turbo is coming over Saturday. The plan is a little vague, something about Turbo and his mom will come to my house, Wizard and Oldest will go to help Youngest do something, then all will return to swim, and somehow food will magically appear. I suspect I’m the magic that will make food appear Okay, that’s not true, they would all be fine with picking something up. I have to remember that *I’m* the one who puts too many expectations on myself.
So that’s my five, and now I’d love to hear yours! Have a great weekend!
June 5th, 2020 at 6:43 am · Link
Yay for healing! Boo for the bitch at Kohl’s. It’s not like the employees have any control over that stuff, but hey, take it out on them, right? You got 120 pages of read-through done in one day? Go you! And yeah, lighten up on yourself a little. Yay for herbs! Which ones did you plant? Yay for Turbo time! Sounds like a job for like a big sandwich bar – the only work you have to do is buying the fixings and setting them out. ;o)
1) I spent a lot of this week trying to find a firm place to stand in this shaky world, hence the posting of pretty pics on my blog. With so much ugly, turn to beauty whenever you can, eh?
2) I got the paver blocks placed under the deck. There’s more to do, but it looks nice so far.
3) I made pizza this week. I think I overworked the dough, but it was still pretty good.
4) Mom finally made it back to the office after over two months away. Poor gal is up to her armpits in alligators, I expect, but she’s muddling through. I’ll know more when I talk to her this morning.
5) For the first time in weeks, there is no cake in the house. I probably shouldn’t make more, because none of us needs it, but… cake. ;o)
June 5th, 2020 at 8:43 am · Link
Once again, my sister from another mister has voiced all my thoughts regarding your five, Jen, so just ditto what B.E. said. This week was a paradox–it seemed both to drag and race at the same time. Here’s my five:
1) My cover was done until I asked for what Only and I both thought was an easy change. Yeah…nope. That’s okay. I found a continuity oops so reworking a segment of the book anyway. Serendipity, sometimes. Shooting for early next week release. 🤦♀️ on the oops but 🤞 on a fix soon.
2) Stormy came yesterday while his dad had a job interview. He and his Big Daddy went out for an adventure. Only called about 5 on her way home from the office, wondering if her son had been permanently grandpa-napped. We have soccer tomorrow. Gonna be HOT! Ugh. But…wouldn’t miss a game! 💖
3) We had a “dry” thunderstorm last night. Lots of thunder, lightning, wind, a bit of small hail, very little rain. Like, most of the concrete was dry. Ah, Oklahoma weather!
4) As a result of said storm, I turned off my computer. This morning, I rerouted the power cord as Boone tends to get caught on in when he is shuffling around under my desk, and causes disconnects. The desk is only 27 by 53 on top, less underneath. Not much room for 100 lbs of old dog so trying to make it as easy as possible for him. 💖
5) The wild grapevines have taken over the yard. I really need to get out there and cut it out. Maybe I’ll make grapevine wreaths and put them out on the curb for people to grab for free. Yeah, I’ll get right on that. 🤣 (Actually, I probably will once the temps come down out of the 90s!)
That’s it for me. Hot soccer tomorrow, then AC time. Y’all stay safe, stay healthy, stay cool. I’d tell you stay awesome but since y’all are just plain awesome ALL the time, I don’t have to. Have a great one! 🥰
June 5th, 2020 at 3:16 pm · Link
1. Glad your face is healing. Good thing we’re wearing masks ;).
2. I’m still just doing online shopping at Kohl’s. Ours is open but I have no desire to go inside. There are so many people out that are incredibly rude :(.
3. I can see how all the anxiety can come rushing back with the book. You’re smart to set work limits.
4. Those herbs will be so yummy in your cooking! I have huge rosemary, chives, and basil plants on our deck. Love them.
5. You are going to have so much fun with Turbo coming over and yes, the witch will make food magically appear :).
1a. We have been FaceTiming with Harrison like crazy. He is such a hoot. He has a swing set and is always pumping away.
2a. It’s hot and humid here. Every once in a while we have storm, but the exterminators still came out this morning to spray for ants and stinging bugs.
3a. No refrigerator yesterday because hubs brought grease into the house on his feet and walked all over the place. I spent hours trying to get it up and he did too with the steam cleaner. What a mess.
4a. Youngest was boarding up smashed windows at work yesterday and mangled his hand. But he’s back doing it again today.
5a. I ordered new throw rugs from Kohl’s to replace the ones I couldn’t get grease out of yesterday. They should be here Tuesday.
I hope you have a great weekend!
June 5th, 2020 at 6:12 pm · Link
B.E, thanks my face is healing better than expected so I’m grateful for that. The cheek bone is sore, but duh I’m planted basil, rosemary and oregano.
1) Yeah it’s a little rough out there in the world now, glad you’re finding a way to cope.
2) Progress! That had to be a fair amount of work moving those paver blocks.
3) I admire you for making the pizza dough! I use the stuff out of the can because I’m lazy, and because that’s one of my quick and easy last minute type meals.
4) I hope you talked to your mom and she’s taming the alligators! I didn’t realize she still worked. Amazing!
5) No cake? Oh the horror! I’m sad when I don’t have cookies, even if they are frozen cookies I’m leaving alone, I just like knowing they’re in my freezer for a cookie emergancy.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
June 5th, 2020 at 6:20 pm · Link
Silver, I get that drag and race thing too. And I’m up to page 280 on the book. I probably won’t work Sat, but hopefully Sunday.
1) At least you found the oops! It’s so easy for those to slip by us. I know you’ve been a little frustrated trying to get this book through the production faze, but it’ll be worth it in the end!
2) I cracked up on permanently “grandpa-napped” Those are such good problems to have. Stormy has a special relationship with grandpa that help him grown into a great adult!
3) Yep Oklahoma whips up some very interesting thunder storms (although I’m more familiar with Texas thunderstorms.)
4) You are such a good dog mom!
5) Really, you’ll have time to made grapevine wreaths? I want your energy!
Hope it’s not too hot at soccer and Stormy has a great game! Stay cool, and thanks for the awesomeness shoutout to all of us Same to you!
June 5th, 2020 at 6:29 pm · Link
Viki, I worked all day today then did a semi-clean on the bathrooms, so tomorrow, I think I’ll order food. Everyone understands. Also, it’s better not to be out shopping. I really did just go in to return the shorts I’d ordered that didn’t fit, then stopped on my way out looking to see if they had one item I wanted. But numbers are going up out here, so I need to be careful since so many others are being careless…sigh.
1) Aww!! I love Harrison stories! And facetime is keep many of us grandparents sane. CPA Boy often video chats us to help wake Turbo up in the morning, it’s so cute.
2) Glad you’re all debugged I hate humiidty, we’re having some this week, although it’s nothing like yours. MY RA is not a fan of humidity.
3) Oh sheesh, that’s so aggravating. I’m sorry you spent the day trying to clean up grease. Hope you can find the right fridge soon.
4) Yikes! So sorry about youngest’s hand. Sounds like he is driven, and not going to let an injury stop him. I’m disgusted that he has to do this.
5) Well hopefully you love the new throw rugs!
I really hope you have an amazing weekend!