Friday, June 12th, 2020
TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I have 300 hundred pages revised. Well for those pages, it was just a little cutting, redoing a lazy sex scene, and general cleanup. Fixing the sex scene took the most time, as those have to dig into emotions and trust, or have some value, otherwise, they’re pointless and boring. Especially in the third book of a trilogy. But, oh my gosh, I once again love Justice and Liza, and I’m adore Justice’s dad, Noah and Liza’s mom, Amber. All these characters are truly trying to become the best version of themselves.
- Ideally, I’d like to cut 10 to 20K words in the next 200 pages, but that’s a tall order so we’ll see. This last part will probably take up to a week, or as long as I need, to do it right. Then while I’m working on the final clean edit, I’ll reach out to my editor who worked on the other two books to see if she has any room on her schedule. Once my editor gets a hold of it, I’m sure I’ll have a lot more revisions in my future.
- I had a glass of wine last night and enjoyed it. Lately, we’ve stopped drinking wine most evenings. It just sort of happened. Part of it was being tired in the evenings from world events stress, I guess. Which is kind of funny since a chunk of the memes on FB are about drinking more during the pandemic. I’m such a rebel, LOL!
- Maggie’s new collar and leash should come today. She’s very excited
- We might see Turbo on Sunday. I’m so caught up in work right now, I’m barely noticing much else. Getting this book done to the best of my ability is vitally important to me. While it was circumstances beyond my control that stopped my writing, I still let down fans and I don’t take that lightly.
That’s my lame five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend, and stays healthy and safe.
June 12th, 2020 at 8:25 am · Link
Those are NOT lame! Yay for editing and you didn’t let us down. Stuff happens! 💖 Wine is good. I may start drinking again. Yay Maggie and Turbo. My five are lamer.
1. We have guests. Daisy, a blue heeler, is here for a few days while her family attends an out-of-state funeral. She gets along–mostly–with Boone and Jake but Loki? I’m not sure he’ll ever forgive us! Daisy arrived yesterday and goes home Saturday evening. Yay.
2. Our second guest is Stormy. The AC went out at his house Wednesday night so he came to play yesterdary until the repair guy could get there. He didn’t make it so Stormy spent the night. He’ll go home sometime today.
3. I think MOONSTRUCK: BETRAYL is ready to go. I have a cover. I had formatting issues but I think they’re fixed. I have back matter updated and added. I have two upload copies–Amazon with ‘zon links, and D2D with blind links to the series pages on my website. All I need now is the blurb. I hate writing blurbs but I think I finally have it. Waiting on my blurb witch to cast her final spell on it.
4. Some weeks, there’s not enough coffee in the world. This is one of them. I can’t even wrap my head around all the stuff. Moving on.
5. When Stormy was here Tuesday while his dad had a 2nd interview, he helped me trim the jungle that our front corner flower bed had become. Between the wild grapevine, honesuckle, wisteria volunteers, and youpon volunteers, we filled the back of Lawyer Guy’s truck. We now have great line-of-sight out to both streets that cross our little corner of the world. I LIKE knowing who’s coming and going!
That’s my five. ⚽ Soccer tomorrow. 🤞 Uploading today. I’m thinking wine for dinner. 🍷 Have a great weekend!
June 12th, 2020 at 10:49 am · Link
I always hope it’s a new story in the dragon world.
I know it’s not, but a girl can’t help wishing😉
Here in the UK it’s raining.
My Friday five …….
hmmmmm 🥃 🍷 🍫 🍺 🍗
June 12th, 2020 at 2:30 pm · Link
So not lame. Yay for writerly stuff and new collars and Turbo visits and enjoying a nice glass of wine. Go you.
1) I spend too much time watching reruns of House. The older ones are better but I’ve seen all those several times now.
2) Yesterday, I made us all root beer floats. Ah, the good ol’ days.
3) I’ve taken to wasting time playing free slots. Click, spin, click, spin. Win some, lose a bunch, reload throughout the day.
4) The local free-range guinea fowl left us an egg in the driveway border. Hubs found it before he hit it with the lawn mower and now it’s sitting somewhere safe until it dries out. I’ll keep it with the goose egg I’ve had for years and the goose egg gourds I discovered recently. Maybe I should take up egg painting or something.
5) My hydrangea is all over with white blossoms right now. It’s a kind where the white blooms turn pink and then darken to rose as the summer goes on. =o)
June 12th, 2020 at 3:18 pm · Link
1. Wow! You have really dug in to the book this week. I am so glad you’re loving Liza and Justice again :).
2. Hope you were able to trim the 20K.
3. You’re funny ;). I haven’t been having much wine lately either. I guess the world is so depressing that it’s making fun hard.
4. I can’t wait to see Maggie in her new collar.
5. I hope you see Turbo.
1a. Really bad news today. Eldest got laid off. The museum cut 30% of the full time staff. They have lost so much money and will be opening to only 25% capacity on July 1st. They just can’t afford anything let alone new exhibits :(. Cassie is out of a job too so I don’t know what they are going to do.
2a. We have had a beautiful day here. The sky is so pretty and the humidity is low.
3a. Hubs went over to Harrison’s to see eldest and to give Harrison stuff ;). I bought him some snap (the firework bombs you throw on the sidewalk and make a snap sound) He thinks they are funny.
4a. Middle and DIL are bringing grand puppy Queso over for Youngest to puppy sit tomorrow while they go to PA for a bike ride. Spunk will NOT be happy.
5a. I will be getting my hair done tomorrow. Cassie’s salon is opening for a couple weeks to get rid of inventory so she will be working 3 hours (I’m 2 of that ;)). At least she’ll be getting a little money.
Have a really great weekend and don’t work too hard :)!
June 13th, 2020 at 6:03 pm · Link
Silver, sorry for late reply
1) I bet Loki is not pleased!
2) Wow you have a house full!
3) You’re a rock star at getting it all done and published!! Yay!
4) Same here.
5) You and Stormy got a lot accomplished together!
Hope your weekend is going well!
June 13th, 2020 at 6:04 pm · Link
Julie, I think you mean the Wing Slayers? I’m trying to figure out what I need to tackle next after this book is done. Hope you get some nice weather there soon!
June 13th, 2020 at 6:08 pm · Link
1) House is a fun show, I used to watch it all the time.
2) Root beer floats on a hot summer day!
3) That kind of stuff is addictive. It’s great when your brain needs a work-break too.
4) Wow the egg is a very unique gift. I didn’t know you could dry them out like that.
5) Pretty Hydrangea!
Hope the weekend is treating you right!
June 13th, 2020 at 6:12 pm · Link
1) OH NO!! I’m so sorry! There are so many victims of this nightmare. I feel terrible for all of you. I hope Eldest and Cassie can find new jobs that fit their skills and family life. This is just so upsetting and unfair! Please know I’m thinking of you, and it can happen to any of us or our kids as the economic fallout grows.
2) At least the weather is a small bright spot.
3) I’m sure Harrison loved the snaps! And seeing Grandpa.
4) Hope you guys are having fun with the puppy, and Spunk forgives you
5) Yay for getting your hair done! Oh the things we used to take for granted.
Hope the weekend is going well.