TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I have 300 hundred pages revised. Well for those pages, it was just a little cutting, redoing a lazy sex scene, and general cleanup. Fixing the sex scene took the most time, as those have to dig into emotions and trust, or have some value, otherwise, they’re pointless and boring. Especially in the third book of a trilogy. But, oh my gosh, I once again love Justice and Liza, and I’m adore Justice’s dad, Noah and Liza’s mom, Amber. All these characters are truly trying to become the best version of themselves.
- Ideally, I’d like to cut 10 to 20K words in the next 200 pages, but that’s a tall order so we’ll see. This last part will probably take up to a week, or as long as I need, to do it right. Then while I’m working on the final clean edit, I’ll reach out to my editor who worked on the other two books to see if she has any room on her schedule. Once my editor gets a hold of it, I’m sure I’ll have a lot more revisions in my future.
- I had a glass of wine last night and enjoyed it. Lately, we’ve stopped drinking wine most evenings. It just sort of happened. Part of it was being tired in the evenings from world events stress, I guess. Which is kind of funny since a chunk of the memes on FB are about drinking more during the pandemic. I’m such a rebel, LOL!
- Maggie’s new collar and leash should come today. She’s very excited
- We might see Turbo on Sunday. I’m so caught up in work right now, I’m barely noticing much else. Getting this book done to the best of my ability is vitally important to me. While it was circumstances beyond my control that stopped my writing, I still let down fans and I don’t take that lightly.
That’s my lame five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend, and stays healthy and safe.