Friday, June 19th, 2020
Guess what time it is again? That’s right, it’s Friday Five! Here’s mine!
- Busy, busy, busy! I’ve rewritten the climax scene at the end four times, but I think I’m close to happy with it at this point, so yay! I’ll see when I reread it this morning, and do a little clean up. I’m projecting finishing up this revision pass Monday or Tuesday, or possibly Wednesday as I have a couple threads I need to go back and tie up.
- My basil and oregano seeds are growing great so far! My rosemary is just beginning to sprout. I’m silly with excitement that I’ve kept it alive for two or three weeks. I was going to take a picture but the day flew by before I got a chance.
- Maggie’s not happy that I tried to get her to model her new collar. She’ll sit because I told her to, but you can see her complaining, She’s got a little drama queen in her sometimes, LOL!
- I tried a one pan chicken fajita recipe last night and I love it, and Wizard happily ate it. He even ate some cooked onion and bell peppers, which surprised me.
- Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there! I think two out of three kids are coming here, and third kid has family going to his house, and included us, it just didn’t work out. It should be fun.
That’s my quick Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend, and a good Father’s Day!
June 19th, 2020 at 7:33 am · Link
Yay for being close on revisions! You’ve got this. Yay for your herbs! LOL, Maggie, your collar is pretty, so stop being a drama queen. Yay for yummy food! And Happy Father’s Day to Wizard and the boys!
1) We have turkeys all puffed up in the yard. Not sure why, since breeding season is over. Maybe the toms are just feeling the need to pump up and assert their dominance. Silly birds.
2) Ugh, I’m running late this morning. I only just now opened my work mail and the office has been open since 8 eastern. I haven’t done the morning dishes yet. I haven’t worked on work yet. Blerg. Not a momentous start to the day.
3) I’ve been working on the ‘under the deck’ project. I need to buy landscaping blocks before I can move ahead, but there’s still some prep-work I can do, so it’s all good.
4) The deer all appear to be post-pregnant now. I can’t wait to see the fawns!
5) We’re seeing a spike in ‘rona cases in the area now, so I’m back on the sheltering in place thing again. I loaded up at the Walmart early this week, so it’s not that big a deal. Annoying, but not tragic. I’m hoping the blow up will blow over quickly.
June 19th, 2020 at 9:23 am · Link
Ditto to B.E.’s response! There was a week. Stuff happened. End of story. Okay. Just kidding. Sort of. My five:
1. Monday, I gave blood. I got a T-shirt, will get COVID antibodies test results in 2-3 weeks. Got an AWESOME vampire! She hit my vein on first stick and no bruising after. A miracle! 🧛♀️
2. Stormy has started T-ball. He’s with the same coach as his team last year which is a big YAY! He hit a couple of line drives and fielded a ball. 🥰
3. The world just makes my head explode so I’m mostly hiding. 🤯 However, I did create two new Wolf characters and their stories are coming together. Progress on the writing side at least.
4. Old friends came through town yesterday on their way from Arizona to their summer place in Maine. They have a big motorhome so we went out to their “campground” and sat around visiting for a couple of hours. Good thing they aren’t on a strict travel schedule! 🥳
5. I’ve decided the “thin blue line” stickers on the back of my car are magic. A friend who’s a retired cop noted that I was showing my 2019 sticker on my tag. I grrr’d, thinking someone had stolen the sticker–which happens. Easier to still the year sticker than the whole tag and easier to slip by scrutiny. Anyway, we checked my registration. Renewal due the end of this month. But I couldn’t find where I’d renewed last June. BIG OOPS! Yeah…it didn’t get done. LG was closing/moving offices in June and he tossed the renewal notice in a box, never to see light of day again. Neither of us remembered/thought about it. So, I’ve been driving for a year on an expired tag and despite having NUMEROUS cops behind me, not one of them pulled me over. WHEW! And yes, we immediately went to the tag agent and renewed. Good think I drive a 2008 because the penalty was about the cost of a regular “new car” tag. 😲
So that was my excitement for the week. Happy Father’s Day to all the Dads, Uncles, Brothers, and Moms who Dad!💖💕😎
June 19th, 2020 at 2:43 pm · Link
1. Excellent news on finishing up the revisions. You must be thrilled.
2. sounds like your herbs are coming along nicely. You will love having them right there to add to meals. I love chopped rosemary in my salad :).
3. Maggie is very funny. I love her collar. The color is very pretty against her fur. Bet she loves it too.
4. I love the idea of one pan dinners. Nice that Wizard ate some veggies too ;).
5. Please wish Wizard a Happy Father’s Day. It’s great that two out of three boys/families will make it over. Totally understand how hard it is to see everyone.
1a. My girlfriend is on her way up from FL. They should get here on Sunday and are staying at a very nice campground. They have an eyelash trailer. The dog loves it. I should get to see her Tuesday but no coffee shops are open for sit down and it’s supposed to storm. Figure we’ll have lunch somewhere.
2a. Poor hubs. He had to go to the bank this afternoon and said he was going to Trader Joe’s too. So I gave him a list. After he left it dawn on me that there would be a huge line to get in and there was. He did not wait and came home. He was so bummed.
3a. We’ve been invited to Harrison’s Sunday morning but must wear masks and maintain 6 feet distance and stay outside. If it’s nasty out we can’t go. I am also very concerned about how Harrison will handle this. Not being able to hold grandpa’s hand will hurt him.
4a. Sunday afternoon middle, DIL and Queso are coming over. Youngest will be grilling for dad :).
5a. I have to call the Dr. and get my Ventolin refilled. I don’t want to go in to the office and I’m afraid she won’t do it w/o a visit. It’s been a year since I was last seen.
Have a really great weekend! HAPPY FATHER’S DAY to all the dads!
June 19th, 2020 at 3:46 pm · Link
B.E, thanks! I just finished this revision
1) Maybe the turkeys are confused.
2) Some days start off the a major case of the slows.
3) Sounds like you’re making great progress under the deck.
4) Hope the fawns show up soon!
5) Ugh, spikes are spreading. Stay well!
Have a great weekend!
June 19th, 2020 at 3:51 pm · Link
Silver, I’m stunned I finished this pass today. I didn’t think I’d have time, but I did.
1) Yay for an easy time giving blood! Knowing if you have antibodies would be interesting, but that’s a long time to wait to find out. Awesome that you gave blood!
2) Go Stormy!
3) When reality sucks, fiction rocks! Love that you came up with new characters!
4) Sounds like they are enjoying their travel, and I love that you got to see old friends.
5) Crap, I’m sorry that renewal got by you. That stuff happens to all of us. The penalty is painful, but the law doesn’t care that we didn’t intend to do it. Sigh.
I hope you guys have a great weekend!
June 19th, 2020 at 3:58 pm · Link
Viki, Maggie loves her collar. The first day, she pranced around, clicking her tags to show off.
1) Hope you can find a place to visit your girlfriend. It’s all such a challenge now.
2) Wow still lines? I went to Trader Joes a week ago, but I went when they opened, so no lines yet. Your hubby tried.
3) I hope Harrison understands, but that’s hard on you guys too. We just do a lot of handwashing and common sense, but we see, and hug, Turbo.
4) What a nice son to BBQ for dad! Queso will be the life of the party. Poor Spunk, hope he doesn’t get too upset.
5) Your doctor might be able to do a phone visit. That’s what the docs out here have been doing.
Have a great weekend!