Friday, June 26th, 2020
TGIF! Okay, jumping right into sharing five random things about our week:
- My book will be ready to send to my editor the beginning of next week. That’s the great news.
- However, she’s booked up and dealing with a major life change, so it’s going to be a while, possibly even months, before she can get to it. I’m not going to stress about it, I’ll send it to her next week and she’ll do it when she can. I feel she’s very important to the trilogy since she edited the first two books.
- Next week, I will pull out the Wing Slayers and see if it’s feasible to keep going with that series. I want to, but I also have to support myself I think I can do it, but I’m going to really make sure before I fully commit.
- California is one of three states seriously spiking in Covid. It’s depressing as hell. We closed down early and hard, flattened the curve at a huge economic and emotional price. And then what do we do? We let a big dose of Stupid, along with her cousins, Foolishly Stubborn and Willfully Ignorant in to ruin it for everyone. Sigh.
- But it’s Friday! Sunday, I’m going to see my grandson. And I think today I might make some cookies, either shark cookies for Turbo, or special chocolate chip cookies for Youngest. Not sure which boy will win the cookie prize yet
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope all of you have a fun and healthy weekend!
June 26th, 2020 at 7:09 am · Link
Great news on the book but for the editor. Finding the right editor is hard so I totally get it! 🤞 Crossing fingers for more Wing Slayers, but I totally get that too! Yay for sharks, special chocolate chips (I bet you do both!) and family time. 🥰 Don’t get me started on the stupid! 🤬
1. Stormy spent the night Tuesday after his late T-ball game. Only had to be in the office, Baseball Boy had baseball practice. We had a fun day and then he came back yesterday for the same reasons, just no night-spending.
2. Headed up the turnpike for a funeral. BB’s step-grandfather. That poor kid has had a slew of these in the past year. 😢
3. Jake got to go T-ball and made a new friend. One of the team mother’s volunteers at a boxer rescue. She’s thinking Jake-doggos might be in her future. 😉
4. I’ve spent the week trying to organize the mess that is NIGHT WISH. Every time I think I have the timeline figured out…nope. Surprisingly, the snippets and full scenes are all pretty good, I just have to figure out where they go. Thank the writing gods for Scrivener’s bulletin board function!
5. Reading/listening has been kind of hit or miss for me lately. The new stuff I’ve been anticipating is sort of falling flat due to my headspace so I’m relying on the In Death series to get me through the slump. This is not a surprise as I’ve probably read over half the books as least 10 times. 🤣
And that’s my boring contribution. Hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay safe. Stay healthy. 💖
June 26th, 2020 at 7:50 am · Link
Yay for being close to sending this off to your editor. Bummer for her not being able to get to it right away, but I understand that having the same editor for the whole series is necessary for continuity and junk. I’d love more Wing Slayers, but I totally understand if that ends up being a no. You’ve gotta do what’s right for you. Bummer about your spike. We have one, too. It’s frustrating as hell. Yay for Turbo time and cookies! Whichever cookies you decide to make. =o)
1) It’s fawn time! One of my favorite times of the year here. I love seeing the new babies come tentatively stepping out of the woods and then cavorting around the yard.
2) Because of the rise of the ‘rona again, I’m trapped at home again. And we’re out of ice cream. Again. Blerg.
3) We had some fun with the well losing pressure yesterday. I posted about it on my blog. Long story short, we have water at full pressure again. Yay.
4) I made a pineapple upside-down cake. It’s one of the few cakes I’m happy eating without ice cream.
5) I’m writing again. It’s only in spurts, but it’s better than nothing.
June 26th, 2020 at 3:24 pm · Link
1. Excellent news on the book.
2. It’s understandable that your editor is swamped it right. I hope that she gets the book worked in sooner than it sounds.
3. Wow, that would be cool if you are able to get into the Wing Slayers again. Those books were great and the characters were all so loved.
4. It seems like many states are having increases in Covid cases. I think people being overly lack has caused the problem. Here in OH we’re going up but death rate is going down. This may sound awful but I’m glad. It means that we’re working towards herd immunity which would be a very good thing.
5. Yippie! Seeing Turbo will be wonderful. I think shark cookies would be a hit with all ;).
1a. Harrison is constantly facetiming us. He just wants us to see him playing. If I’m not there I can hear, “Where’s Grandma Vik? Go get her.” Then he doesn’t say a word to me. He just wants me there :).
2a. Had lunch with my girlfriend the other day. The weather has been terrible so they are thinking of heading back to FL early. Camping (eyelash trailer) with constant thunderstorms and a pitbull is not the most fun.
3a. Finally got reservations at a nice restaurant for dinner tomorrow. We’ve gone out twice but not to anything real nice. I really can’t wait for a super good meal :).
4a. Haven’t been able to get through to my dr’s office for a refill on ventolin yet. I could leave a message but I don’t like to do that. Will try again Monday.
5a. Kohl’s is open at 10 now here so guess what I’m doing tomorrow? Yup, I need new socks for working out and I like the extra padded ones they carry. They never have them on line, strange.
Have a really great weekend and enjoy Turbo and the rest of the family.
June 26th, 2020 at 5:58 pm · Link
Silver, LOL I didn’t make any cookies today. Oh well, that’s life.
1) Stormy time! He’s so lucky to you have you and LG for grandparents!
2) I’m so sorry for all of you, but especially BB.
3) Yay for Jake making a friend!
4) Ugh, timelines can be a nightmare. But I’m glad scrivener helps you.
5) We all need those comfort reads. I’m listening to Stephen King’s On Writing. I’m not sure why except I didn’t feel like buying a new audiobook.
You’re not boring! Hope you have a good weekend.
June 26th, 2020 at 6:01 pm · Link
B.E., yep I really want that continuity in the books, plus this editor is hard on me in a good way.
1) Fawns are so sweet
2) Oh no! Trapped at home without ice cream is the stuff of nightmares.
3) Whew, glad you have full pressure again. I need to go read your blog. I haven’t been online much today.
4) I haven’t had pineapple upside down cake in ages. Enjoy!
5) Yay for writing again! Keep at it, even if it’s only in spurts.
Hope you have a good weekend at home even without ice cream.
June 26th, 2020 at 6:08 pm · Link
Viki, I want to write more wing slayers. I just need to get through this book to look at everything and make a plan (my plans always amuse my characters, LOL). I found a section I had to rewrite on SAVAGED DEVOTION today and slowed me down into severe annoyance, but in the end, it’s better to do it now so it’s actually a good thing.
1) Aw!! Harrison wants Grandma to watch him play! That’s too cute, and very important for him to have the unconditional love from you even through Facetime!
2) That definitely wouldn’t be fun for your girlfriend. Bummer the weather chased them away early, but glad you got to see her.
3) Great news on the reservations! We aren’t going out to eat at all, except for pickup food. We miss it desperately.
4) I hope you can get through to the doctor soon. That sounds like a prescription you need.
5) That is strange they don’t have the socks online. I hope you can find them in the store. We struggle to find a lot of things these days.
Enjoy your weekend!