Friday, July 10th, 2020
Another week zoomed by! So here’s my Friday Five:
- I have a good chunk of my Wing Slayer Story Bible done. The one that needs the most work is the overall timeline, and that’s something I’ll have to backfill as I read through the series, and think of things. But at least I have a really good start to work from now.
- Today I’m going to pull out my short synopsis of the next two books, and make some notes. I already know that writing detailed outlines is just makes the hunters find ways to screw them up, so…maybe I can outsmart them? Sigh…probably not. They live to torture me. I’ll just have to go through my normal write, delete, swear, beg and bargain, and then rewrite everything twenty more times to get the stories written!
- Under the category of Things Wizard Has A Meltdown About. I could quite literally come home with something completely frivolous like an expensive purse, and he’d say, “You deserve it.” But yesterday I came home with some new 20 oz plastic tumblers that cost 79 cents each to replace our old ones. He was AGHAST and said, “But I like these tumblers.” He actually held one up that he happened to be drinking tea out of like it was a trophy. I was super sympathetic when I laughed and told him to deal with the major life change and move on. He did
- I ended up with a UTI this week, and that slowed me down a bit. Annoying, but I got right into the doctor, and it should clear up. Once again, the doctor’s office had the whole Covid thing down, clearly taking reasonable precautions to protect themselves and the patients which I really appreciate.
- I haven’t killed my herbs plants! I don’t know if they’ll survive the hot, 100+, heat of summer, but I’m going to try! I’ll have to start actually using then in dishes soon.
That’s my five random things about my week, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope everyone has a healthy and happy weekend!
July 10th, 2020 at 7:42 am · Link
Yay for getting back into the Wing Slayer Hunter groove again! Poor Wizard. Ack, poor you, too! Yay for happy herbs! :fingers crossed they survive the summer.
1) My fingers are fat today. I had to retype portions of that first part of my comments over and over. This does not bode well for writing today. Blerg.
2) I did the full-on, super-shop experience at Wallyworld yesterday. Filled one cart with non-perishables, checked out, took it to the car, then went back for a cartload of perishables. I’m still trying to find spots for everything in my kitchen this morning. (I don’t think my fridge’s freezer was designed to be THAT full.) But hey, I won’t have to go back to plague-central for a few weeks.
3) Today will be mostly vegetation, but I do hope to get some words down tonight. I have notes for the next scene. Now all I need is the gumption.
4) The twin fawns were back in the yard this morning. So cute. I think it’s a boy and a girl because one is noticeably larger than the other and the boy fawns are usually bigger.
5) I need cake, but I have nowhere to put cake right now. I guess I’ll just have to settle for eating my ice cream straight no chaser. ;o)
July 10th, 2020 at 8:13 am · Link
Those silly Wing Slayers! But yay on the bible! We have tumblers that are 20 years old. I only get to “replace” them when they crack. 🙄 Maybe set them inside during the hottest part of the day? I know nothing about herbs. Hope you are on the road to recovery! My five:
1. Speaking of herbs, sort of. I had an onion sprout and thought, “What the heck?” So I planted it my flower bed that only has monkey grass so it isn’t really a flower bed. Anyway, I planted it and it grew. Then I noticed the tops were dying off and once they’d wilted and gone sort of grayish, I pulled up the onion. Only now, I had THREE onions! I washed them off and we ate them sauteed in butter this week. Tasty! 😋
2. I wrote some this week. Not what I wanted to write, bit at least a scene in the same book. Not much but a complete scene so that’s something. 🐱💻
3. It’s hot here. We’re looking at a heat index in the mid-100-teens today and over the weekend. Ugh. Stupid humidty. If I wanted a steam room, I’d build one in my house. Oh, wait. It’s cheaper to just walk outside at 3 in the afternoon. What am I thinking?!?! 😜
4. Watched Stormy play T-ball Monday night. He played pitcher one inning and stopped the ball, turned and threw it to 1st base. It bounced once but the 1st baseman caught it and stepped on the bag. The runner was out but they don’t do outs and everyone bats around each inning. He got two okay hits and a really nice line drive. His throwing is so much better this year. Fun watching them grow and get less gangly. 🥰
5. Took Jake to the game Monday. It hadn’t gotten too hot yet. The big sister of one of the players sat next to me and petted him the entire game. Her mom and grandmother thanked me after the game, quietly. Turns out she has ADHD and by evening, her meds wear off and getting her to just sit for any length of time is a major thing and someone is usually running after her to keep her “corralled.” The family got to watch their son with no distractions, I had no idea the kid had a problem, and Jake got lots of loving. Total win on all sides. 😍 Sadly, this coming Monday will probably be too hot for him to go.
That’s my five. Everyone stay in and cool this weekend! 😊
July 10th, 2020 at 2:28 pm · Link
1/2. Wow, you’re really making progress on the Wing Slayers. Good job!
3. Ha ah on Wizard. Funny how we really get tied to “things.”
4. Yuck on the UTI. I’m glad you were able to be seen right away and all is getting better.
5. That high of temperatures is not good for your herbs. Try and keep them out of the hot sun. Sure hope the heat breaks for you. Ours is supposed to break tomorrow and then come back Wednesday :(.
1a. Middle is taking DIL away for the weekend. This coming Tuesday is her birthday. Youngest is taking care of Queso – right! Queso is being dropped off here tomorrow for us to watch while youngest runs errands. All decided without asking us. Good thing the dog is cute but Spunk hates him.
2a. Hubs ordered stuff from Walmart on Wednesday and it arrived today along with 24 rolls of their brand toilet paper that he did not order. Oh well. I’ll call tomorrow.
3a. Still no disinfectant wipes to be had in our area. You would think after all these months they would ship some to eastern Ohio, but no. Other parts of the state can get them :(.
4a. Youngest kids friend who is our HVAC guy, has a girlfriend nurse at METRO downtown and Monday tested positive for Covid-19. They won’t test him because he has no symptoms ans hasn’t seen her in days. That’s just stupid. This is how it spreads. The young ones have no symptoms and go around giving to others that have no symptoms and then BAM! one of us old people gets it. It’s not like there are no tests available either. They have places all over certain counties. I’m frustrated.
5a. Other than Queso coming over the weekend is going to be low key. Nothing is really happening – a good thing :).
Have a great weekend!
July 10th, 2020 at 4:13 pm · Link
B.E. thanks, I’m getting there with Wing Slayers. Right now, it’s going to take a bit to flesh out the characters/plots, but that’s normal.
1) I hope your fingers are better now. You must have overdone?
2) You are amazing! I’d NEVER have gone back into the store once I left, LOLOL! I’m impressed the way you did the massive shopping.
3) Hope copious amounts of Gumption showed up.
5) Made me laugh that your kitchen is so full you don’t have room for cake. That’s just wrong
Hope you have a great weekend!
July 10th, 2020 at 4:19 pm · Link
Silver, I’m improving rapidly, things.
1) That’s awesome that you grew onions that way!
2) Getting a scene down is very good. Forward progress is always a positive.
3) Ugh!! I loathe humidity and feel for you.
4) Stormy has some real baseball skills there!
5) Dogs are amazing! Good boy, Jake!
I really hope you and LG have a good weekend.
July 10th, 2020 at 4:27 pm · Link
Viki, I have my herbs under a shade cloth covered patio, so I’m crossing my fingers. The only other solution would be to move them to the front porch, which is further away from my kitchen.
1) Uh, it would have been better if you had been consulted. And maybe Spunk too Hope you enjoy Queso with minimal chaos.
2) Huh, a toilet paper surprise, LOL. Weird.
3) Seems like they’d get disinfectant wipes out, but the distribution chains have been so disrupted, who knows. I know it’s frustrating.
4) Sheesh, that is very stupid and dangerous. I don’t blame you for being frustrated. We are at the mercy of a lot of willfully ignorant forces these days. And I hope the girlfriend fully recovers if she’s symptomatic.
5) Low key is definitely not a bad thing, and will give you more time to enjoy Queso (as long as Spunk isn’t too jealous).
Enjoy your time with the pup!
July 10th, 2020 at 5:52 pm · Link
Oh, sorry, my fingers weren’t swollen just stupid – fat fingering all over the place. You’d think with as much as I type, they’d know where the keys are by now. ;o)
July 11th, 2020 at 10:45 am · Link
B.E., ah, got it! I do that when Wizards shifts my keyboard slightly, and suddening I’m typing gibberish But I also have days where I just can’t type.