TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week:
- The book and I are in a duel. I just cut two scenes. One is useless so no loss there, the other one I think is more important but not in the right place…or something. I’m letting the voices in my head argue about it while I work on the next scene And drink wine.
- I don’t remember much about this week. Probably because this revision has confused and confounded my brain cells into mush.
- I hit my elbow funny bone on a cupboard the other night. The shock of pain was so stunning, I danced around the kitchen, unable to say anything. It was swelling so fast, both Wizard and I were like: Is it even possible to break an elbow putting away a wine glass? Long story short, after 30 minutes of ice and elevation, it dramatically improved and we breathed a sigh of relief. A day later, it’s just another bruise in my collection. The moral of this story is don’t hit your funny bone that hard. Trust me. But if you do, drink more wine first and you won’t care
- The heat and humidity are brual, and fires are burning all over California. We are fine, but I worry for all the firefighters and people who are in the path of the flames. In case anyone is wondering, lightning has caused a lot of these fires. Weather and the terrain feeds them, and make them both difficult and dangerous to fight.
- Today I’m making Copycat Nothing Bundt Red Velvet Cake cupcakes to take over to CPA Boy’s house for dinner. I’ve made them before and they turned out good, so hopefully they will again. I also bought ingredients to make bread, but it’s too hot to do that right now. I’ll bake these cupcakes early in the morning.
This weekend I’ll yell at the book and drink more wine. And try hard NOT to hit my funny bone. Now I’d love to hear five random things about your week! Hope everyone has a great weekend!