Friday, September 25th, 2020
TGIF! This week came and went. I swear it was Monday, I blinked and Friday appeared. Okay time to share five random things about our week:
- I read Wednesdays blog comments to Maggie, but life got in the way of me answering for her. I’m sorry!
- Life has been irritating us this week. Nothing serious, just one of the annoying joys of home ownership. But it should be all fixed next week.
- I finished my revisions, printed the book and am doing the hard copy edit. I also contacted my copyedited, and she’ll do her pass on the book in October. Progress!!
- It just dawned on me I’m going to have to write the dreaded back cover blurb for the book
- I think we’re going to see Turbo on Saturday. I’m looking forward to that, although I usually come hope wiped out. One day this week, I walked Maggie, went grocery shopping, spent a few hours helping Wizard move heavy concrete chunks around (don’t ask!) and take them to the dump, then I came home and worked straight through until dinner. But after playing with a toddler for three hours, I can’t get up off the couch, LOLOL!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a terrific weekend!
September 25th, 2020 at 10:01 am · Link
Yay for Turbo time! And yes, they wear one out! Life tends to get in the way. Glad Maggie enjoyed hearing the comments, though. Yay on the book progress! My five:
1. The weather has been cool enough to leave the AC off and the windows open. That said, it’s also ragweed season. I terrify the cat and dogs when I have a sneezing fit. Still, totally worth it to have the windows open!
2. I made progress on the book this week. Got several chapters written, got random scenes in some semblance of plot timeline order, and moved others to my unused scene file because no words go to waste in my world. I can rework those scenes to fit different characters. They just didn’t have a place in this book. More to do and only 5 days! Ugh. I need to get to work.
3. I moved a bird feeder so Loki could watch it from my office window. He was really interested while I was outside hanging it up. Then he skeddalled. There are now birds eating and he’s missing the show. 🤣
4. The Masked Singer is back on. Yay. The costumes and talents are amazing. Something to do on Wednesday nights.
5. I want to rearrange my office. This is crazy. It involves cleaning, sorting, and shifting heavy furniture. I have neither the time, patience, or energy. But I want I different view out my window, ie. I want to be able to see the intersection (we live on the corner). Right now, I have to stand up and move to the far end of the window. I originally set up this way because moving the pine armoir TV cabinet was a hassle–heavy and cable connections. With U-Verse, there’s no cable. It’s all Wi-Fi. Maybe I’ll get a burst of energy one of these days. Yeah…right.
Have a great weekend, everyone! I’ll be working. Lawyer Guy has to work a regional corn hole tournament being held at the Post starting tonight. He’ll be gone so quiet time to work. Or nap.
September 25th, 2020 at 3:20 pm · Link
1. Life gets busy, we all understand :).
2. Oh no. Stuff around the house is never fun. I hope all is fixed and doing well.
3. Great news!!!!! After you send the book off, how long does it usually take to get back?
4. I remember how you hate writing the blurb ;).
5. Sure hope you do get to see Turbo this weekend. Isn’t that the truth! Kids really can tire us out now that we aren’t the mama.
1a. With youngest having messed up his ribs they can’t go kayaking and hubs is bumming.
2a. Have you noticed that even if we get tiny cuts or injuries it now takes forever to heal? I hate getting old.
3a. I’m going to try and schedule my Shingles shot this weekend for Monday or Tuesday. CVS only lets you book two days ahead.
4a. The new pillows arrived and they are very nice. They have zipper cases that I can remove and wash. No more exploded pillows in the washer :).
5a. Ohio has fully opened restaurants as of yesterday. I didn’t mind going to certain places while it was limited but I’m not sure about a full dinning room. I think I’ll pass for a little while.
Have a great weekend!
September 25th, 2020 at 4:23 pm · Link
Yay for possible Turbo time! I can totally believe he wipes you out more than heavy labor. Kid energy is exponentially more wearing than any other energy. ;o) Sorry for irritating life things. Yay for getting the book to its next phase and for having an editing slot! Bummer for impending blurbiness, though. I feel your pain.
1) I totally blanked out this morning, but I did make Romanian apple cake, so it’s all good.
2) I’m not sure where the rest of the day went. I feel like I spent it running, but I didn’t actually do anything after making cake.
3) The book I’m reading right now is littered with backstory, but I have this suspicion it’ll all tie into the mystery, so I can’t avoid it. If it doesn’t, I’ll be irritated.
4) I’m making slow progress on my edits, but it’s progress. I really am pushing to be through with this phase this weekend. Then the next phase. And, yes, the blurb.
5) I’m staring into the skies a lot lately, hoping to see the first eagle of the season. So far, only vultures, but the eagles will be here soon. Yay.
September 27th, 2020 at 11:42 am · Link
Silver, sorry for the late answer!
1) Ugh, sorry for the allergies, but I’m jealous you can open windows. We’re heading into another heat wave plus winds.
2) You got a lot done on the book, and hope you were able to do more over the weekend!
3) Once Loki figures out he can see the birds at the feeder, I bet he’ll be riveted.
4) Yay on Masked Singer. I’ve caught it a few times and enjoyed it. Wizard isn’t a fan
5) Moving your office around sounds like a major project–any chance Only could come help?
I hope you’re having a great weekend!
September 27th, 2020 at 11:50 am · Link
Viki, the copyedits on the book are scheduled for October, but she’s working me in, so I don’t know when she’ll get to it. I’m using the same editors (I have 2) for consistency on the series, but I really like them and their work
1) I’m sorry hubs doesn’t get to go kayaking your son. I bet their both bummed.
2) Yep, I’ve noticed.
3) Hope you can get in for your shot.
4) It’s much more convenient when you can remove and wash the pillow covers. Which I need to do!
5) I’m very glad for the owners and employees of the restaurants, but it’s all a catch-22. We all need make the best decision we can with the info we have and keep living our lives.
Enjoy what’s left of the weekend!
September 27th, 2020 at 11:57 am · Link
B.E., so true about kid energy! I was less tired than I expected yesterday, though, so that’s a win.
1) Apple cake is a priority And LOL, my fingers kept insisting on typing apple pie, rather than apple cake.
2) Some days are like that.
3) Ironically, the true crime I’m listening to right now, is loaded with back story too. I feel the same–I’m going to need it to understand what happened, but I’ll be pissed if it turns out to be filler.
4) Hope you were able to plow through more edits. I hit slow spots like that, and sometimes it’s my brain working out something on a subconscious level. Other times, I’m just being lazy.
5) Maybe today you’ll see an eagle!
Hope your weekend is going well!