Friday, October 9th, 2020
TGIF! It’s time to share five random things about our week:
- Monday, Biker Witch and I had a great time going to lunch on the terrace of a winery. We did our best to be Covid safe, and since it was a Monday, not many people were around, which helps. We also got dessert, she chose cheesecake and I had a slab of chocolate cake. It took me 3 days to eat that cake, but I’m not a quitter! FYI, Biker Witch is supposed to be my older sister, but she’s not doing it right. Seriously. She doesn’t look her age! It’s just wrong. Worse, she not sharing her anti-aging magic secrets with me!
- Anyone else ever feel chronically tired? Just ask for the old woman trying to commandeer my body this week
- I cleared a bunch of files on my computer, then I checked my trashbin and it had well over 3,000 files!
- I started reworking my PRIMAL MAGIC synopsis (Wing Slayer Hunter book) and it’s already driving me crazy, LOL! I really want to do this synopsis to get a working idea of the story so I can massively screw it up as I write it. I’m a rebel that way. But doing this is making me excited to write the book!
- Weekend plans are confusing right now. Today is Special K’s birthday, and the original plan was for them to come over to visit and have a birthday dinner. But Turbo wasn’t feeling well the other night…and now it’s a waiting game. Then Sunday we may visit Middle, his wife and their two dogs at a campground, but they just lost a beloved dog in her family so I’m not sure if they’re still going camping. We’re all in a weird wait-and-see mode…but the weekend will happen and I’m staying flexible. (My daughter-in-law and her family will be okay, they’re just sad to say goodbye to their beloved dog, and grateful for the years of love and joy he brought them.)
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a healthy and fun weekend!
October 9th, 2020 at 7:19 am · Link
Yay for getting to spend time with Biker Witch. I’m blaming edits for the recent spate of exhaustion. Wow on the file deletions – go, you. Yay for Primal Magic, even it’s driving you nuts. Big hugs for Turbo and hopes he feels better soon. Big hugs for your daughter-in-law. Losing a pet is hard. I hope your plans work out somehow for this weekend, and if not, the next. :hugs:
1) Yesterday, I asked Hubs if he wanted oatmeal cookies or chocolate chip cookies. Him: Oatmeal cookies? :sad trombone: Or Chocolate Chip? :ecstatic face: He’s so funny. Needless to say, I made chocolate chip – the kind with peanut butter in the recipe.
2) I’m currently in edit hell, wondering if I’ll EVER be done with this. Blerg.
3) I really really really want to work on landscaping but that would mean an extra trip to the supply place and I’m still limiting my trips among people. I need more blocks and I’d like to buy a half dozen mum plants. And of course, I need more dirt. And… Maybe once the edits are done.
4) Speaking of trips out, I hit the thrift store earlier this week during an errand run. I got 12 books for $4. Yay. Loads of good reading stuffs. I really missed the thrift stores during the lockdown.
5) It’s hit the time of year here where I can’t figure out what to wear. Too cold, put on sweats, but then the sweats are too warm so I put on shorts, but then my legs get cold so I go back to sweats. Blerg.
October 9th, 2020 at 10:05 am · Link
Ditto what B.E. said. Like word for word. Great minds and all that. Here’s my 5:
1. Smudge is starting to come around again for food. I was worried that I hadn’t seen him since the incident with Smidgin, but I’ve now seen him 3 times this week. 🥰
2. I AM going to finish the damn book today! I’ve done like 9 or 10 chapters this week and I’m down the the final chapters. I know what is going to happen. I have some snippets already written that need filling in to be full scenes. I know how it ends. I’d hoped to have it done by noon today but…
3. I checked my email before opening NIGHT WISH. Yeah. Shouldn’t have. I had one from NaNoWriMo and like an idiot, I logged in and realized that I hadn’t complete the entry for last year’s novel and I hadn’t announced this years and then I need a mockup of the cover and…and…there went 2 hours. And now I’m on the internet. I WILL type THE END by dinner time. 😣
4. Our weather can’t decide if it is fall or summer. After a couple of weeks of sublime weather and no AC, we had to turn it back on. This morning is gray and foggy with high humidity and rising temps. Ah well. The next cool front is supposed to hit Sunday night. I’ll be patient. 😁
5. I’ve had to crawl under my desk and completely rewire/reroute all the electrical cords to my computer and printer. Boone kept getting tangled up every time he goes under there–which is often–and he’d end up pulling the plug. Luckily, I have everything on like 2 second backup so I normally don’t lose work but it is a hassle to restart and boot up. I needed the exercise, right?
Have a great weekend, everyone! 💕💖
October 9th, 2020 at 3:36 pm · Link
1. Glad you had such a nice time at the winery. Happy Belated Birthday Biker Witch!
2. Tired all the time lady here too.
3. WOW on computer files!
4. Ha ha Primal Magic is messing with you like normal. This means it’s going to be good!
5. Hope Turbo is feeling better. Have a nice time this weekend :).
1a. I had a bad reaction to the Shingles shot. Arm still hurts 4 days later. Had all the bad side effects.
2a. Had a massage yesterday to work on my hip. It helped a bit but came back over night.
3a. We’re celebrating Harrison’s birthday (14th) on Sunday. He made his own cake. The video of him cracking eggs is SO funny.
4a. Middle and DIL went to NY to see my mom and step-dad. Sure hope they all stay safe and healthy.
5a. I keep thinking of all those people being hit by another hurricane. My heart really goes out to them. It’s only been 6 weeks since the Cat 4 nailed them :(.
Have a great weekend!
October 9th, 2020 at 3:48 pm · Link
B.E., thanks and it looks like all the plans are on for the weekend.
1) I’m with your husband on the cookies! And I love your description, it made me laugh.
2) Sorry about edit hell You will get done but it feels endless.
3) I hate going out, LOL! Plus with the pandemic, it seems wise to limit our exposure. But you have your list of what you need, you’ll go when you’re ready.
4) Cheers for the thrift store.
5) Fall does bring that weather confusion. We had our first foggy morning then warm afternoon, so I get it.
Hope your edits go quickly and have a great weekend!
October 9th, 2020 at 3:54 pm · Link
Silver, ditto works
1) Glad Smudge is okay. Cute name too!
2) WOW!! You’re on a roll this weekend! I’m betting you got to the end!
3) A classic example of the Internet Time Suck! I’d have done the same thing, unfortunately.
4) Yep, it’s Fall Confusion, LOL!
5) That did NOT sound fun to crawl under your desk to reroute the wires! It sounded like a stretch and contort class that will result in stiffness and pain. But I’m sure Boone appreciates it!
Hopefully you’ll be able to celebrate getting to the end of your book this weekend!
October 9th, 2020 at 4:02 pm · Link
Viki, yeah, Primal Magic is doing what the Wing Slayer Hunter books do to me. But I’m sucked in now, so it’s all good.
1) Yikes, I’m sorry about the painful reaction to the Shingles shot. I sure hope you’re feeling better.
2) Man, your hip must be really bad. Isn’t there anything that can be done to give you some relief?
3) Oh my Gosh, picturing Harrison making his own cake is so adorable! I love that! I hope you’re able to get together to celebrate his birthday.
4) I bet your mom and step-dad will be so thrilled to see Middle and his wife! I’m sending my good wishes for them all too.
5) I can’t believe what they’re suffering in Louisiana and the gulf area. It’s mind-numbing to see. I hope they are safe, and then hope they don’t lose more homes and businesses.
I really hope you feel better an dhave a good weekend! Happy Early Birthday to Harrison!!!