Friday, October 16th, 2020
TGIF! Let’s share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I got my hair cut and colored yesterday. I’m very happy with the lady doing my hair while my regular hairdresser recovers from her seriously broken leg that required surgery. She’s still on crutches and not able to put weight on it, but she’s healing as expected so far. Man I feel for her!
- I haven’t heard back from my copy editor which means she hasn’t had a chance to start on SAVAGED DEVOTION yet. She had warned me up front this is a busy month for her, so I’m being patient. Since I’m not planning a big release, it’s all fine. Unless the books sucks, then…I’ll drink wine.
- I’m starting to write PRIMAL MAGIC. I’ve only worked with Savina’s (the heroine) opening scene so far, and I’m loving her. Tomorrow, Eli and I will chat, LOLOL! Also, Wizard’s been helping me plot and that’s been entertaining for us.
- The plan right now is for Turbo to come over Sunday morning and stay overnight until Monday evening. Of course, the plan is subject to change, but I’m looking forward to it if it works out. It will be exhausting, that kid is nonstop high energy and not always easy to get down at night, but he’s also bright, fun and the owns our hearts. If I don’t post Monday, I was just too distracted and tired to do it.
- Following on #4, I’m planning to have Turbo help me make make Youngest son’s special cookies, then lure Youngest and his wife over to help us with Turbo for a couple hours if they’re free :-). If they’re busy, they Turbo and I will have fun making a mess in the kitchen.
That’s my Friday Five, now I’d love to hear yours! And don’t forget, I may not be here Monday but I’ll be back Wednesday to catch up with you all. Have a great weekend!
October 16th, 2020 at 5:16 am · Link
Yay for being able to go out and get your hair done! Sorry to hear about your regular stylist, though. I feel for her. Fingers crossed your copyeditor gets to SD soon. Yay for Primal Magic! And plotting time with Wizard! And Turbo Time! I, of course, will forget and wonder where you are on Monday, but I’ll get over it.
1) I got everything done on my to-do list yesterday but vacuuming the carpeted rooms. I’ll get that done today. Then it’s time to make a new list. At some point I have to wash windows – before it gets too cold to wash windows.
2) Also yesterday, the first of my proofers sent me back Cinder Ugly. She said it was pretty clean, but I haven’t looked at it yet. I’m waiting until all the proofs come in to start this.
3) I’m like 3 books away from finishing my reading goal for the year. Time to nudge it up a little. Maybe go from 70 to 80. I can finish 13 books in 2.5 months. Maybe.
4) The temperature dumped overnight here. It’s 36 here right now and there’s a frost advisory. Finally, fall has arrived.
5) The older I get, the more inclined I am to keep track of things. Hence, my weight/activity log where I jot down any time I do anything ‘active’, which includes cleaning. It also helps when I think ‘Geez, lady, when was the last time you vacuumed?’ Heh.
October 16th, 2020 at 8:50 am · Link
Ditto what BE said except I might remember if you don’t make it Monday. I’ll add that I’d love to be a fly on the wall listening to the conversation you have with Eli! Okay, my 5:
1. I did stuff. Outdoor stuff. I trimmed back the youpon trees (they are WAAAAY past bush stage) in the backyard because they do get bushy if you don’t trim. We can know get to the other 1/3 of the yard without banging heads or getting eaten by the branches. That was early in the week. Yesterday, I finished it off by trimming out the golden oak volunteers in our driveway island. Big trash pickup is going on so had to get that done. Now it is. 😁 🍂
2. Still meandering through edits. There was other stuff going on and my head wasn’t where it needed to be to do the hard stuff. Today, I’ll get a good start and work through the weekend. 🐱💻
3. Made spaghetti last night. It was yummy. We’d just sat down to eat when I remembered that we’re doing a spaghetti dinner at the Post tonight. 🤦🏼♀️ Awwww, pasta!
4. I’ve made the mistake of watching the news a few times this week. 🤯 Please tell me I’m caught up in an episode of “The Twilight Zone.” 🤯🤯🤯
5. The World Serious is heating up. For a few games, looked like there might be a sweep(s). Now it looks like the ALCS and NLCS championships might go a full seven games in both leagues. I don’t have a dog OR a pony in this show so I’m just enjoying some hard-played baseball.
I know that last one is lame but my life is so boring I always have to search for a 5th random thing. 🤣 Have a great weekend, everyone! 🥰
October 16th, 2020 at 3:21 pm · Link
1. Happy dance on getting your hair done :)! I feel so bad for your regular stylist. I sure hope she heals fast.
2. I’m sure the book does NOT suck. Wine is good any time ;).
3. You and Eli will have good chat, I’m sure. I love how Wizard chips in too.
4/5. How fun to have Turbo over Sunday night. You will have so much fun. Making cookies together is a great way to control some of the energy. Oh – yes, you and Wizard will sleep very well Monday night.
1a. It’s a nice cool blue sky day here – love it. Making soup to go with the weather.
2a. Bestie down in Florida sent me more masks – breast cancer ribbons, kitten faces, and red wine. She knows me well.
3a. A box arrived from back home this afternoon. My step dad sent me chocolates for a place near them for Halloween. He’s a sweetie :).
4a. I can’t seem to get caught up on things. This week I feel like I’ve moved in reverse. Sure hope next week I get back on track.
5a. I don’t need anything but I have a great desire to shop. Is that strange? It’s like I want to spend money which is so unlike cheap me ;).
Have a fantastic weekend and don’t let the little ball of energy aka Turbo, wear you out too much.
October 16th, 2020 at 6:12 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on all
1) It’s nice to get things checked off our lists!
2) It’s great that one proofer got it back to you. I think you’re wise to wait for all of them, then tackle it. That’s strategic time management.
3) Yay or being so close to your reading goal already! i’m getting back into reading books instead of just listening.
4) Wow that’s a shock of fall weather.
5) I write so much more down now, so I get it.
Hope you have a great weekend!
October 16th, 2020 at 6:22 pm · Link
Silver, E and I ended up not talking today, I was adding stuff to Savina’s scene and working trying to work out ages of kids in the story with my timeline. For some reason, that twisted my brain into a pretzel, LOL!
1) You seem to be on a gardening streak!
2) Ah, I get the gardening now. Stuff going on dominating brain cells needed for editing drove you outside to chop up innocent plants
3) LOLOL! At least it was good spaghetti, and pasta is always yummy! (Even if I can’t eat much of the sauce these days which makes me )
4) Yeah, i’m not touching that one. I’m way too fond of whatever sanity I have left.
5) Enjoy all the baseball you can! It’s important, even vital, that we all have hobbies we can lose ourselves in and “fill the well” as Anne Lamott says. Wait, that’s Anne Lamott right? Or am I quoting the wrong author???? Or misquoting the right author?
It wasn’t lame! Really, it’s about sharing things in our week. I hope you and LG have a great weekend!
October 16th, 2020 at 6:28 pm · Link
Viki, I hope the cookie idea works. The cookies have a fair amount of ingredients, but I think the lure of chocolate chips will keep in interested.
1) That sounds like a perfect fall day, cool with soup.
2) What a wonderful friend!
3) You’re step dad sounds like a very nice and thoughtful man.
4) I hate feeling like I’m always behind that way. But maybe you’re demanding too much of yourself? I do that and have to consciously remember that I don’t have the same energy and ability to multitask as I did in my 20s and that’s okay. Plus you made homemade soup!
I hope you and your family have a great weekend too. Hope Youngest’s ribs are healing, I was thinking of him today for no particular reason.