So…it’s Friday right? Okay, then it’s time to share five random things about our weeks. Here’s my randomly weird five:
- We had a lovely Thanksgiving with two of our sons, their wives and Turbo. One son had a possible second-hand exposure to Covid, and on Wednesday he called me to discuss it. He flat out told me that he worried about exposing me or his dad. My first reaction was all mom, and I said, “I’ll risk it.” My son grew frustrated and said he wouldn’t risk me or his dad if he could help it. All I could think then was, Well this is how I raised him, so I’d better damn well appreciate and respect the man he’s grown into. We missed them, but we video-called them, and will see them as soon as they get the all clear, probably in a day or two.
- Will anyone be out in the stores shopping on Black Friday? I’ve rarely ever gone out on Black Friday, but I feel for all the businesses this year and hope they can find a way to survive. Wizard and I support them where we can.
- I heard a phrase on a podcast a week ago that has stuck with me. It’s “perfectionism leads to procrastination,” and for me, it’s so true. Being a perfectionist is demanding the impossible from ourselves, and that leads us to freeze up and procrastinate.
- I’ve been making notes in a notebook on writing, business, marketing and motivation. I began typing and organizing those into some files and Whoa, I was surprised how much I had. I still have a lot more to information to get into my files.
- As I’m writing this blog on Thursday night, it’s very windy and my Internet connection is spotty. Hopefully I’ll get this posted.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a healthy and fun weekend.