Friday, December 18th, 2020
TGIF! Let’s jump into sharing 5 random things about our week.
- Guys, I hate to state the obvious, but did you know Christmas is NEXT WEEK? I sort of knew, but life’s been pissing a bunch of sad worry on us, so I put Christmas on the back burner. Then this week it dawned on me that Christmas is next week. Holy Christmas Cookies!
- FYI, there’s no Christmas Cookies here. But I needed chocolate, so I made a batch of Giant Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. If you’re a deep, dark and rich chocolate fan, the recipe is here .
- Guilt motivated me to attempt Christmas cards. I’ve pulled these together at the last minute before, so I knew I could do it. I staged a photo shoot, I think it went well…
- We’ve decided NOT to send out Christmas Cards this year after all Both Wizard and I mutually agreed it would be for the best, LOL!
- I love this face! Maggie is one of the many gifts in our lives that we are grateful for every single day.
And I’m grateful for each of you!
That’s my very weird five random things about my week, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a healthy, safe and good weekend!
December 18th, 2020 at 7:26 am · Link
Yeah, it struck me this morning that Christmas is a week away. Yay cookies! Yay for a great pic of the two of you! Eh, I got my Christmas cards out but I understand. Yay Maggie! And I’m grateful for you. too!
1) I am so totally not feeling Christmassy this year. The spirit of the holiday has skipped me entirely, leaving me with Scrooge. Bah, humbug.
2) The writing has really been zooming along this week. I rolled over 20K words on the book last night.
3) A while back my middle sis asked me what I remembered about our grandpa. Since I lost a lot of my childhood memories in my accident and he passed on when I was 10, I admitted it wasn’t much. Then she brought up this beanbag frog he had and I did remember that. Flash forward to this week and I get a package from her with a beanbag frog inside. :sniffle:
4) I stopped by the store a couple days ago and bought nothing but chocolates. It was a need.
5) You probably already saw this on FB, but we had 33 deer in the yard the other day. All does and fawns, so if you add in the 6 bucks we know are around here somewhere, that’s almost 40 deer that all want to be fed. I wish I could claim them on our taxes as dependents. LOL
December 18th, 2020 at 11:10 am · Link
Awwww! Hi, Wiz and Witch! And Maggie is such a sweet girl! Chocolate is it’s own food group. Christmas cards? What are those? *looks shifty-eyed* And I’m NOT thinking about Christmas arriving a week from today. Nope. Not gonna. Okay, my five.
1. It snowed Sunday–record for us on that date.
2. It snowed Tuesday–another record.
3. The Christmas story is progressing. I guess I should hurry that up or it might be a New Year’s story.
4. I tripped over Boone in the dark last night. Didn’t break anything but my right knee is bigger than a grapefruit and I’m sore all over. The dog, however, is fine. That’s all that matters.
5. The snow has mostly melted, except in the shade. It was pretty while it lasted and we almost had a white Christmas!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
December 18th, 2020 at 4:25 pm · Link
1. Christmas got away from many people this year. But I like how your first thought is cookies :).
2. Those cookies look so yummy!
3. Love the photo ;).
4. No cards here either :).
5. Maggie is one sweet girl and it’s easy to see how she is one of the many gifts in your life.
1a. My roofer finally called but it was snowing again so he can’t come out until the roof is clear. Maybe next Tuesday if we get the rain on Sunday/Monday to melt the snow. It’s supposed to snow again Christmas Eve and Day.
2a. We’re going over to middle and DIL’s tomorrow afternoon to exchange gifts on their porch. Social distance, mask, you know.
3a. I’ve only wrapped 1/2 the gifts. I have to finish that tomorrow morning so that I can bring presents to middle/DIL :). Also, Harrison and company are coming over Tuesday to pick up their girts in our driveway. When they get home it will be Facetime to open everything.
4a. Today is my mom’s 81st birthday. I sent her card 10 days ago to Western NY and it still hasn’t arrived :(. The mail here is a disaster.
5a. Best friend’s daughter (26) who is a Covid19 ICU nurse at the Cleveland Clinic got her first shot today :). I am SO happy. I have been so very worried about her. I treat her as the daughter I didn’t get ;).
I hope you have a very nice weekend!
December 18th, 2020 at 6:58 pm · Link
B.E., we got your card and loved it, thank you!
1) I think a lot of us feel that way. I went out (carefully) and bought Maggie a present today. Silly, but I wanted to.
2) WOW! Keep writing! (Writing is a great way to cope these days).
3) You have a wonderfully thoughtful sis! What a sweet gift that you will always remember.
4) Chocolate is vital to mental health.
5) That’s has to be an amazing sight to see all those deer! I think it’s totally reasonable to claim them as dependents on your taxes, but the IRS isn’t as broadminded as we are.
Hope you have a good weekend!
December 18th, 2020 at 7:09 pm · Link
Silver, are you sure you’re not thinking about Christmas in a week
1 and 2) Snow like this is crazy. The east coast is getting hammered. Hope all is well with you as far as the snow.
3) I’m waiting for your Christmas story, but will happily read it in the New Year.
4) Oh no Silver! Your knee sounds pretty banged up. I’m sorry that happened, i hope you are truly okay. Really glad Boone’s okay. I’m guessing he didn’t hear you get up since he’s older now. Poor guy and poor you.
5) Glad you enjoyed the snow you had it.
Please take care of that knee and all your general soreness!
December 18th, 2020 at 7:18 pm · Link
Viki, Maggie’s really being a sweet comfort to us right now.
1) You guys are getting so much snow. I hope the roofer can get out there soon and get it fixed.
2) Well, right now, better safe than sorry, I guess. I hope you have fun tomorrow.
3) Wrapping gifts is a big chore. I just started today, but I don’t really have that much. It’ll be nice to see Harrison then watch him open his gifts on video. The way it’s going here, we may end up doing something similar.
4) Happy Birthday to your mom, and wow, your mail is bad. Ours gets delayed but so far, not terrible.
5) Great news about your friend’s daughter. One of my friends who works in a hospital got her shot today. I love hearing that front line workers are getting rapidly vaccinated.
I hope you have a great time seeing middle and DIL this weekend!