Happy New Year! I hope 2021 starts of right and only gets better! While I don’t believe our problems and challenges magically vanish at 12:01 am on January 1st, I like the mental reset of the new year.
Okay, let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- Wizard and I celebrated last night with lobster tails and a nice Syrah wine.
- I didn’t write this week. I tried…but life and stuff. Today I will write because I want to start the new year off with words and forward progress.
- I pulled my neck blow drying my hair. Seriously???? Why can’t I ever hurt myself rescuing kittens or something interesting?
- We battled ants. Pretty sure we won, but we had to resort to bug bombs because they are relentless little buggers.
- To use the bug bombs, we had to take Maggie and leave the house for several hours. This is a pain when the state is on lockdown and there’s nowhere to go. Plus my neck is sore and I was cranky. Our vague plan was to drive around, get food at a drive through and then find places for Maggie to have bathroom breaks. But just as we were leaving, it was CPA Boy to the rescue! Actually he just randomly called at that moment. And even more fortuitous, they’d taken their three dogs to the groomers for a half day. Maggie and one of their dogs, Cookie, don’t always get along. Anyhow, we went out there, played with Turbo, and they were able to get a couple hours of work done too. It was perfect for us! When we left, Turbo cried and said, “I want to go to Maggie’s house.” He always refers to our house as “Maggie’s house” which I find hilarious. I hated Turbo being sad, but I knew once we left, he’d be fine and he was.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours. Have a great weekend!
January 1st, 2021 at 3:25 am · Link
Happy new year! Hope you have a wonderful holidays with your family and love ones!
With best wishes,
January 1st, 2021 at 10:19 am · Link
Happy New Year! You need to take care of yourself and yay for fun solutions to being “homeless” for a few hours. Hope the ants die! Here’s my five:
1. 2021 got the first laugh. Mother Nature dumped 6 inches of snow (a new record) on us overnight. It’s pretty and I don’t have to be out so yay!
2. Speaking of hair drying, I have one to top. While ironing LG’s shirts yesterday, I munched down on trail mix (LG mixes his own version) and it was mostly banana chips. About two hours later, I couldn’t move for the stomach cramps. Turns out, I basically OD’d on the potassium that’s in bananas. I knew there was a reason I don’t like those suckers! Good news is, lost 4 pounds because the thought of food did me in. Better news, I’m fine today!
3. Because you were reading Ilona Andrews’ Hidden Legacy series, I picked it to finish out the year. I’m about 6 hours away from finishing the last book (so far), which will be my first read for 2021 in my Goodreads challenge.
4. There were college football bowl games. I forgot to watch except for bits and pieces once I rememebered. My teams won. Yay.
5. I was basically a lumpen this week. Not much happened, didn’t do much, etc. Today, I have bacon to fry for First Saturday Pancake Breakfast tomorrow, and hopefully, I’ll do something productive to help with my career–marketing, graphics, or…wonder of wonders, NEW WORDS! 🤣
Happy 2021, witches! Let’s hope it brings better days for us all. 💖
January 1st, 2021 at 4:21 pm · Link
Happy New Year!
The day is very busy. I’ll come back tomorrow and comment.
Have a wonderful New Year’s Day!
January 1st, 2021 at 5:52 pm · Link
Rozey, thank you! Wishing you and yours a Very Happy New Year too!
January 1st, 2021 at 5:59 pm · Link
1) I saw that on your FB today. Crazy!
2) That’s awful! Really glad you’re feeling better today.
3) I loved what I read so far. I’m on her sister’s story now. I love that you’re so organized on your books and audios. I keep swearing I’m going to do that, but I never do.
4) Yay for your teams winning. We’ll take out bits of joy anywhere we can
5) I had to read #5 twice, at first I read it as marketing was your new career. But once I reread it, I got it, LOL! It’s so hard to know how to do any effective marketing these days. And yes, new words! I did a few, not many, but still words! Also, you’re awesome to make all that bacon.
Hope you have a great weekend and a fun pancake breakfast.
January 1st, 2021 at 6:00 pm · Link
Viki, Happy New Year, and I hope your day if fun-busy not stress-busy.
January 2nd, 2021 at 3:25 pm · Link
I’m back :).
1. I’m glad you and Wizard celebrated with yummy treats! I’d love a lobster tail .
2. Sure hope that you were able to write yesterday. We know how it is when you want to focus in on something and then stuff keeps you from your task.
3. Oh no! Your poor neck. I can easily see how you could hurt your neck drying your hair. Has it healed?
4. Ants :(! It seems strange to those of us in the cold that ants are out and about. But if I think about it, they will come out if it’s warm. Very happy to hear you nailed them.
5. Poor grandma :(. It’s heartbreaking when the little guys cry. They just know that they want to be with us (or the furry members of the family).
1a. Did some wood cleaning this past week. I think I need to go over some places again just to be sure.
2a. I dropped a pan on the edge of my counter and put a microscopic chip in the granite. But I know it’s there. Just bought new sealer and tomorrow will be re-sealing and polishing the granite.
3a. We had ham for New Years instead of crown roast. It was good but not my roast. Therefore, Monday I am roasting a pork rib like I would the crown. Yes, I am spoiled ;).
4a. Got a shock in the mail Thursday. Insurance never handled a claim from August and I owe University Hospital $500. They haven’t sent the bill yet but gosh, that was months ago. And they wonder why we can’t stand them!
5a. I signed hubs up to be notifies as soon as he can get his Covid shot. He is in Ohio’s round two since he’s over 65. I signed me up too, but I’m a LONG way off :(.
Have a fantastic weekend!
January 3rd, 2021 at 1:05 pm · Link
Viki, I think “cold” here is different from “cold” there. We’ve had them in the heat and cold here. And yes, my neck is healing much quicker than I expected. A third disc is bulging a bit, which we knew, so I get a little paranoid, but it was just a muscle pull.
1) Cleaning wood is a lot of work.
2) I know how you feel, but I’m sure no one else will see the tiny chip. Still my eye always goes to those little flaws.
3) You deserve to be spoiled!
4) Oh yeah, that’s happened to us too. It’s super frustrating. Not only is the insurance billing slow, but hospitals are slow. I think it took us nearly 18 months to get all mine paid.
5) It’s going to take a lot of time to scale the vaccines up and out. Wizard will get his before me as well. I guess “patience” will be our word for 2021