Happy New Year! I hope 2021 starts of right and only gets better! While I don’t believe our problems and challenges magically vanish at 12:01 am on January 1st, I like the mental reset of the new year.
Okay, let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- Wizard and I celebrated last night with lobster tails and a nice Syrah wine.
- I didn’t write this week. I tried…but life and stuff. Today I will write because I want to start the new year off with words and forward progress.
- I pulled my neck blow drying my hair. Seriously???? Why can’t I ever hurt myself rescuing kittens or something interesting?
- We battled ants. Pretty sure we won, but we had to resort to bug bombs because they are relentless little buggers.
- To use the bug bombs, we had to take Maggie and leave the house for several hours. This is a pain when the state is on lockdown and there’s nowhere to go. Plus my neck is sore and I was cranky. Our vague plan was to drive around, get food at a drive through and then find places for Maggie to have bathroom breaks. But just as we were leaving, it was CPA Boy to the rescue! Actually he just randomly called at that moment. And even more fortuitous, they’d taken their three dogs to the groomers for a half day. Maggie and one of their dogs, Cookie, don’t always get along. Anyhow, we went out there, played with Turbo, and they were able to get a couple hours of work done too. It was perfect for us! When we left, Turbo cried and said, “I want to go to Maggie’s house.” He always refers to our house as “Maggie’s house” which I find hilarious. I hated Turbo being sad, but I knew once we left, he’d be fine and he was.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours. Have a great weekend!