Friday, January 8th, 2021
TGIF. I’m gonna try to think of five things to share, but it’s slim pickings this week.
- I managed to get the packet of information off to Inkslinger PR to arrange the blog tour for Savaged Illusions, The Compete Series (boxed set).
- My writing crashed and burned.
- My concertation went out in search of 2022. I’m trying to lure it back with lots of chocolate and wine.
- Maggie decided she’s unsure about 2021 and retired to her kennel. She normally doesn’t go in there a lot during the day, but she’s been hanging out in there this week for some reason that makes sense to her. And yeah, she’s hard to see in there, LOL
- Today, I’m sending the witch hunters out to capture my concertation, and asking the witches to conjure up a spell to write Primal Magic! Or maybe I should have the witches design that spell to stop cutting every freaking scene I write. Yeah, maybe that
Okay that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
January 8th, 2021 at 4:36 am · Link
Yay for getting SI out to the tour people. I get the crashing and burning and the total loss of concentration. I’m with Maggie – I’m staying in my kennel more than ever now. And yeah, those hunters and witches need to work together to break you free.
1) I am up way too early.
2) I hit a sweet spot last night and cranked out over 3K words.
3) As I roll along toward the climax, I know I’m throwing stuff out there that I never mentioned earlier and have no groundwork for. But it all makes sense in the whole scheme. Thank goodness for edits.
4) I’m thinking what I just said up there in #3 probably horrifies you. It horrifies me a little, too.
5) Like I said, I’m with Maggie. I’m staying home more, interacting with people less, and generally pulling the blanket up over my head.
Hang in there. :hugs:
January 8th, 2021 at 9:31 am · Link
It was that kind of week and I totally get both the hiding concentration and the desire to curl up in a dark cave somewhere and hide! I, too, shall endeavor to find 5 things even remotely salient.
1. I cleaned the stove. The foil covers on the burner pans were caked in burnt stuffs. I tossed the grates (gas stove) into hot soapy water, peeled up the foil and tossed it in the trash, had to peel up the pans because…OMG THE GREASE! I have no clue how it all accumulated. All sparkly clean now.
2. I’m trying to make friends with the murder of crows that occasionally hangs around. I toss out leftover dog food and bread in the mornings and caw at them. I should probably put out some sparkly stuff too. Don’t ask me why. I have no clue why but as LG say, having a friendly murder of crows can’t hurt.
3. I woke up one day (can’t remember which this week), and after morning routine, I stumbled back into the kitchen for my first cup of coffee. A line hit me and between the kitchen and my office, it occurred to me the thought was one Sade would have. I wrote a 700 word scene in like 10 minutes.
4. Realizing Sade was awake (far more than me this week!) I’ve spent a few days going through the hot mess that is her next book. I came to two conclusions: One, there are some really good scenes and a few complete chapters and two, there has to be a love triangle between Sade, Sinjen, and Nikos. At least for this book. Not fan of triangles but…it’s all there and necessary. So, guess what my current WIP is? I hit the ground running come Monday because…
5. Today is Only and Baseball Boy’s 10th anniversary. I’m picking up Stormy at school and he’ll spend the weekend here. The Kids are staying at a local bed-n-breakfast that has been an early state governor’s retreat, monastery, and now the BnB. I’d love to do a writers retreat there some day! Anyway, Stormy goes home on Sunday. Good thing there’s Pancake Breakfast at the Post tomorrow!
That’s my five. I have to hit Wallyworld for groceries, run the vacuum, and check the sheets on Stormy’s bed, which he has to share with Jake. Have a great weekend, everyone!
January 8th, 2021 at 4:37 pm · Link
1. Great job getting the box set info off to PR. That must feel good – nice accomplishment.
2/3. Sorry about writing and concentration. We all had a bad week with all the crude going on. I can’t believe I haven’t had any wine yet this week.
4. I feel Maggie’s distress.
5. Go witch hunters! Hope they had success.
1a. I am just plain tired. I think I could go to bed and stay for a day if I didn’t have to take care of my Spunk and all the other stuff.
2a. I am REALLY looking forward to a nice wine for dinner Saturday. Hubs has not brought up a bottle for tonight so I have to wait :(.
3a. My bite has shifted since last Feb. to the point that my right side teeth don’t touch at all ever. It’s impossible to chew on that side or even bite into anything because my front don’t touch either. The left hit HARD. My dentist thinks it’s my TMJ and wants me to see a specialist. IU want to too but I do not want to go into Cuyahoga County where the guy is. The Covid rate there is super high and next to nothing where I live. I guess I will continue to wait it out.
5a. Spunk has just informed me that I am 7 minutes late feeding him and I must go ;).
Have a great weekend!
January 8th, 2021 at 6:25 pm · Link
B.E, probably a lot of us feel iike Maggie And today, I’m making progress even if it means redoing stuff to get on the right track.
1) Yes you are!! I saw the time stamp on your comment.
2) Yay! Love those sweet spots.
3) That’s an awesome feeling when things start popping up like that and you know they are going to work.
4) Nope, I think it’s smart. the way I do it is stupid. Really. But I do more of what you’re doing in the second half. Today I’m trying had to write dirty (not sexy, just dumping words dirty )
5) It’s terrible that we feel like we have to hide. Sigh.
I really hope you have a great weekend and stay on the writing roll to The End!
January 8th, 2021 at 6:33 pm · Link
Silver, I guess we all feel it together.
1) I’m impressed that you cleaned your stove and made it sparkle!
2) Making friends with a Murder of Crows is probably the least weird thing I’ve heard this week. Which just goes to show…I don’t even know what.
3) LOVE when that happens! I had a similar experience this morning and will know by Monday if it works. Btu you did fabulous!
4) Sure sounds like it’s your current WIP and I live love triangles done well. Go for it!
5) It’s a Stormy weekend! You guys will have a blast and be exhausted. Oh and I doubt Stormy or Jake will mind sharing the bed
Hope you have a great pancake breakfast after last weekend’s snow postponement (I think…time is a weird animal for me right now). And a fun, happy weekend overall!
January 8th, 2021 at 6:39 pm · Link
Viki, yep, crappy week for all of us. Today, I’m managed some concentration and I’ll take that happily right now.
1) Mental/emotional tired? Or are you not sleeping? Hope you’re not getting sick.
2) I admire your discipline on the wine. I feel this week requires wine.
3) Wow you do need to see the specialist. Are you in pain? I will never forget the brutal stabbing pain I had from mine, but just a cortisone shot into my joint took care of it. Yours sounds much more complicated. Can you figure out a way to go see the specialist safely? It’s a huge dilemma.
4) I didn’t see a #4, but who needs #4 anyway.
5) Good job Spunk! It’s important to keep mom on time with those feedings
I really hope you have a good weekend.
January 9th, 2021 at 10:19 am · Link
Hey Jenn –
I think my being tired is lack of sleep catching up with me and trying to hide from all the madness.
I’ve had TMJ since I was a teen and have had many treatments – nothing has completely helped but I was doing well until 5 or 6 years ago. What has happened with my bite this past year is just crazy. I need to suck it up and go see the specialist, it’s just the rate of the virus is crazy in that county.
#4 was supposed to be –
I have signed hubs and me up with our county registration program for getting our Covid vaccines. They will actually have a site set up here in my township :). They will email us when we’re allowed to go and help us set things up. Hubs will be the beginning of February since he’s over 65. No idea when I’ll be able to get mine yet.
Have a great weekend!
January 9th, 2021 at 12:05 pm · Link
Viki, I didn’t even know a bite could change that dramatically in a year. I swear I learn something new every week from you guys
i hope you can get the vaccine soon. I hope we can too. I don’t want to be grim, but refrigerated trucks are in Los Angeles for morgue overflow. I really hope your area is better and all wearing masks.
Hard to transition from that above to a happy thought, but have a good weekend