Friday, February 5th, 2021
TGIF! Let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- A headache that comes and goes is making me cranky. This is normal allergy stuff for me from the weather swinging between cold and rainy to warm and dry.
- Maggie got sick twice yesterday. But she had three really good days before that. Mostly likely it’s the antibiotics irritating her stomach, and a case of three steps forward and one step back in the recovery process. If she has more problems today I’ll call the vet but I’m not worried as I write this, just watching her.
- I stopped by my daughter-in-law’s yesterday for a few minutes and got to see her and her mom. It was awesome just to have some girl chat for awhile. My son was inside working from home, and I never even said hello (he was on a business call), but I did make time to say hi to their two dogs, LOL! Priorities people!
- Wizard is super over-protective of Maggie right now. Remember the man who didn’t want a dog? Um…
- My book is not moving forward much, but the characters are telling me all kinds of stuff in my head. I think this is good, but it’s also confusing trying to make order. I just keep trying because I get to do something I love even when I hate it. I’m falling so in love with the characters now.
No plans for this weekend at the moment, but who knows what plot twists could happen. Anyway, that’s my five and now I’d love to hear yours. Have a great weekend!
February 5th, 2021 at 11:57 am · Link
Boo on the headache, poor Maggie and Wiz doesn’t surprise me, yay for girl time, and you need to write that stuff down and figure out where it goes later. My characters do that to me ALL. THE. TIME! That’s why I’ve turned into a Puzzler. Okay, my five:
1. Not much writing this week but a little progress. New characters keep showing up and I don’t know why.
2. Got to spend time with Stormy after school on Tuesday. Only had a Dr. appointment so I picked Stormy up after school. We went to pick up my $10 Tuesday pizza for dinner then to a Starbucks to meet Only. She and I got to visit and it was nice. I can’t believe Stormy will be SEVEN in just over a month! He is sooo freaking smart.
3. My med reaction is all but gone now. I’m glad I don’t look like a lunatic chipmunk anymore. LOL
4. I’m revisiting a much-beloved fantasy/scifi series from my youth–Andre Norton’s Witch World. The first 3 books are in audio now and with my KU subscription I got the audio books CHEAP! 🤞 more of them are put into audio.
5. I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone twice this week. I recommended my own books (the Faerie Reign series) on a book blog. I NEVER to that but they were requesting recommendations for reincarnation/fated mates trope books. Well, d’uh! At least 12 people liked that I did so breathing a little easier. The other is I inscribed and signed a bunch of TWICE THE TEMPTATION books and mailed them to the local station’s chief meteorologist. He’s mentioned in the dedication and the whole weather/storm chase team was inspiration. I feel a little less weird about that. We’ll see what comes of it next week when the books arrive.
That’s my five. Tomorrow is First Saturday! Pancake breakfast, siren test, and Mexican with the Kids for lunch! Yayayay! Have a great weekend, everyone.
February 5th, 2021 at 3:20 pm · Link
I’m with Silver… boo for the headache. Allergies suck. Boo for Maggie having bad days and tummy troubles. Yay for girl time! And awww for Wizard and his newfound dog-love. Yay for being in love with your characters! Here’s to doing what you love even when you hate it a little. :hugs:
1) I finally got back to work on Duke Noble. It’s all sitting in the recliner making notes right now, but it’s progressing along.
2) I just this second thought of a new title for the book – Rumor Has It. Not sure if that’ll stick, but it’s on the list.
3) I have to stop thinking about dogs. I can’t have a dog right now – I don’t have the time, the patience, or the fundage for a new pet. I’m trying to be adult about it. Sometimes I hate having to be an adult about stuff.
4) Ideas about having a garden this summer are taking root. See what I did there? LOL
5) I’ve really gotten into drinking orange juice and tonic. It’s like a ‘drink’ but not. All the yum of alcohol without the alcohol.
February 5th, 2021 at 3:52 pm · Link
1. Allergy headaches are annoying but I wonder if your worry over Maggie hasn’t added to the headache?
2. Sure hope Maggie is feeling better today. It has to be so hard watching her through her recovery.
3. Nothing against Wizard, but how wonderful for you to have been able to talk to other humans and women to boot! I have to tell you, I’m sick of only talking to hub one on one.
4. I think Wizard’s protectiveness over Maggie is sweet. Yes, I do remember that he didn’t want to get a dog. How things change 🥰.
5. I love how your characters talk to you. Getting the words down will come when it’s supposed to. Maggie has been top priority and the book knows it.
1a. Monday while watering plants in the sunroom I turned to stop Spunk from eating another plant. As I turned the thorn of the lemon tree stabbed/cut my right eyeball and my face. It’s healing, but man did it ache for a couple days.
2a. Tuesday I had a massage. It really helped with my arm. My therapist is about to have a baby (she’s 40) so I’m trying to get in to see her one more time this month before she’s off for 8 weeks (C-Section) and then another couple to have her gallbladder removed.
3a. It looks like we’re finally going to get an artic blast. It’s usually in Jan but late this year. Not much snow though.
4a. Poor Queso was neutered yesterday. He’s hating his cone too ;).
5a. I’m really struggling trying to get hubs an appointment for the Covid vaccine. Our state says they are getting more vaccines but at this point we all really wonder.
Have a fantastic weekend!
February 5th, 2021 at 5:27 pm · Link
Silver, I try to capture the conversations, but a lot of this is plotting and figuring out stuff. I’m just happy to “hear” them at all.
1) I’m guessing the new characters will have a purpose. Wouldn’t it be nice if they let us know what it is?
2) What??? Seven? But he just turned 6 ten minutes ago! Stormy’s smarts don’t surprise me at all.
3) So glad you’re feeling better!
4) Yay on cheap on the audio books!
5) Good for you for recommending your book! They asked for the recs so you were obviously helping. And 12 people liking it is a great response! Smart to send autographed copies to the metrological you mentioned in the dedication too.
Have a great weekend with all the First Saturday fun and family time!
February 5th, 2021 at 5:35 pm · Link
B.E. thanks on all, Maggie’s better today, I’m figuring out plot stuff (love it!) and it’ll get on paper when it does.
1) Yay for getting back to the book you wanted to write! You always do long hand notes first right?
2) It’s a good title.
3) OMG I can relate to your dog obsession. I really feel for you being in the spot of wanting one so much, and not quite being ready. It’s hard to wait when you have all that love to give. Hugs.
4) Yep, I saw it, LOL! Taking root, hehe.
5) Orange juice and tonic sounds good! I’ve made, or ordered, many a non alcoholic drink over the years. Enjoy!
Enjoy your weekend!
February 5th, 2021 at 5:42 pm · Link
Viki, I’m sure worry or stress isn’t helping the headaches. I was way more worried before the surgery though, but maybe it’s delayed too. In any case, Maggie had felt so much better today. I’m forcing her to rest this afternoon
1) Yikes! I scratched my eye once when I was preteen and I still cringe at the memory of that pain (and I have a pretty high pain tolerance). Plus your face? That’s not fun. Hope it heals fast.
2) Smart to get that massage in before your therapists maternity leave. i don’t know her, but wishing her well!
3) Weather is ignoring the calendar this year. Stay warm and really glad you guys have that generator just in case.
4) Aww, Queso I’m sure he’ll recover quickly, but the cones suck.
5) It sure is a challenge trying to get the vaccine, isn’t it? I hope you can get him an appt. soon!
Really hope you heal quickly and have a nice weekend!
February 6th, 2021 at 7:34 am · Link
Nah. I do the note thing when I’m editing – read the manuscript on Kindle and make notes about the changes I need to make. =o)