Thursday, February 11th, 2021
TGIF and Happy Early Valentine’s Day! Boy it’s been a week, but I don’t want to dwell on sad and mad stuff. Let’s jump into Friday Five:
- Maggie got her stitches out, cone off and she feels great. It made Wizard and I feel so much better to see her happy again. There will be followup tests in two weeks. Maggie will be on a special diet for the rest of her life to try to prevent the stones from reforming, and if we don’t have to watch her suffer like that again, it’s money well spent.
- We’ve had the stairs gated off to keep Maggie contained for two weeks, and man that was a pain. Wizard and I kept stepping over the hip high gate to go up and down stairs, and try that carrying laundry. To my credit, I never tripped or fell. Yay me! But it sure is nice to have free access to the stairs again.
- I just started reading a new to me paranormal, REJECTED (A Shadow Beast Shifters Book 1) by Jaymin Eve and enjoying it so far.
- We haven’t made any plans for Valentine’s Day, but Wizard and I are experienced at pulling off romantic dinners and will pull something together. We always do.
- Tomorrow we’re going to see Turbo. I went to the store and bought him some little things for Valentine’s Day. Both of us are looking forward to hanging out with the little guy now that Maggie’s doing so well and we feel comfortable leaving her.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a good weekend!
February 12th, 2021 at 8:31 am · Link
Sorry you had sad and mad stuff this week. :hugs: Yay for Maggie! Yay for successful gate navigation and for the gate being gone now! Yay for new books to read! Yay for being romantic! And super yay for Turbo time!
1) We’re in the middle of winter weather crap. Ice and freezing temps now, snow dumping next week. Here I am and here I’ll stay for the duration. Blerg.
2) Yesterday I made granola bars and later pizza dough. It was a total arm workout. LOL
3) Earlier in the week, I took my chocolate oil cake recipe and made lemon oil cake instead. It needs something… more lemon and more sugar maybe. I’ll keep tweaking it until it’s right.
4) I’ve been listening to classical music to help me sleep. The other day, I thought it would be nice to listen to classical in my car. And I started to get drowsy while I was driving. No more of that. LOL
5) A thought occurred to me the other day… I love reading and I got that from my Mom. But I never recall seeing either of her parents read. So I need to ask her where she got her love of reading. I wonder if it’ll be Grandma or Grandpa.
February 12th, 2021 at 9:54 am · Link
Yay for Maggie and Turbo Time(tm)! Yay for Wiz and romance and good books to read. Boo on sad and mad. Been there, done that. And kudos on your grace gate ways. My five:
1. If I wanted prolonged winter weather with frigid temps, windchills at or below zero and highs below freezing, I’d move north. I’m ready for spring! Stupid groundhog.
2. I bought new sheets. They were on sale for under $40, 800 count hotel style cotton/microfiber blend, DEEP pocket. So far? Love them! We have one of those really thick mattresses and finding sheets to fit is a chore. It’s the little things.
3. So, witch showed up, along with the Interpol vampire, and now maybe a black cat. The cat hasn’t made it on page yet but he’s clawing his/her way up there. We’ll see.
4. Did I mention the weather? Ugh. Every time I thought I’d stocked up on stuff and wouldn’t have to get out again, I’d find something else that would need “resuppling” in the next 10-12 days, which is the projected length of this mess. I think we have everything now but thyme. Between LG and me, we’ve been to FOUR different stores and they are ALL out of freaking THYME? Why?????
5. I worry for the ferals. I know at least one–maybe two curl up in the small wooden house on the porch. It has an insulated bed inside and another up top to help keep heat in. I’ve also made a cave of sorts with knit sheets, an old cat bed (used as a wind block) and a large, thick dog bed, with extra towels and such they can burrow in under the porch bench. I don’t think they’re using that space. I remind myself they’ve been feral for all their lives and have survived, like the squirrels. Still…critters. So, extra food and head count each morning. So far, all are present and accounted for. This next week will be brutal!
We plan to stay down and in but for one errand tomorrow morning regarding a new phone for Only. She got a promotion and we need to up data limits on the family plan and get her an upgraded phone. My names on the account so…yeah. Anyway, have a great weekend. Stay warm. Stay dry. Stay happy! And Happy Valentine’s Day! 💖🥰💖
February 12th, 2021 at 4:24 pm · Link
1. 🐾💗I am so happy Maggie is doing well. She looks very happy without the cone of safety.
2. You should be very proud, I would have tripped on the gate.
3. I don’t know that author. Will have to look into her.
4. You and Wizard should at least get a nice little dinner together with a great bottle of wine ☺.
5. Turbo will b e so happy to see you tomorrow. Does Grandma have M&M’s in her purse?
1a. After all the stuff I went through I got hubs set up to get his first shot and he got it this morning. He has the Mederna and his follow up shot is March 12th.
2a. I think hubs feels very guilty for how he treated me last weekend and has offered to take me all the over to where DIL works so I can have my hair done Monday. He will sit at the nearby food court and wait the 2 hours. Good, he should.
3a. I made reservations for us to go out to dinner tomorrow to a place I really feel is safe. They are so good at disinfecting and they have shields up and lots of spacing. It should be nice.
4a. It seems this cold spell is going to last a few weeks. The only thing that’s annoying me about it is I need my car washed and BMW says don’t do it if the temp is below freezing. Something to do with the paint.
5a. My step Dad just sent me a box of chocolates🥰. I have to call and thank him. He’s the sweetest. oh, Harrison actually called me yesterday to tell me that they had been to a candy shop. He was so excited. DIL called Sweetest Candies and ordered chocolates (they will be making candy tomorrow) to pick up and milkshake for Harrison. They didn’t go in the store but he was thrilled.
I hope you have a very Happy Valentine’s Day!
February 12th, 2021 at 6:20 pm · Link
B.E., thanks, next week will be better
1) I saw that your area is in for a long patch of freezing cold. Hugs.
2) I bet that worked out your arms!
3) You’ll get that lemon oil cake converted to the perfect recipe. When I’m looking for fixes like that, I look at a tone of online recipes to get ideas if that helps at all. I haven’t been baking much lately.
4) LOL I can see how classical music would make you sleepy while driving. A definite no-no.
5) Well now you have me wondering where both my parents got their love of reading. Great question! Hope you get your answer.
Enjoy your frigid weekend and stay warm!
February 12th, 2021 at 6:26 pm · Link
Silver, gate-ways, LOL!
1) That groundhog really let you down for sure. I wish I could send you some of our nice weather. This afternoon was beautiful after a little rain this morning.
2) I love new sheets and understand the deep pocket problem. That’s a great price too. I need new sheets too.
3) Vampires and black cats, yay!
4) I’ve seen that on spices here too. So weird! And I’d be frustrated trying to stock up on that much too. Hope you can get it all.
5) I’d worry for the ferals too. This is more cold for longer periods that your area is really used too. I hope the acclimate and find warmth. But it sounds like you’ve done all you can. Hugs on worrying about them.
Hope you get the phone errand done safely and have a great weekend and a Happy Valentine’s Day!
February 12th, 2021 at 6:31 pm · Link
Viki, LOL on M&M’s. I have something for him, but it won’t fit in my purse this time.
1) Great news for hubs on the shot. I believe you, like me, have to wait because we’re soooo young
2) I’m sure he feels bad and wants to do this for you. And yay for getting your hair done on Monday. It always makes us feel better.
3) I really hope you enjoy your safe dinner out! We all need it now and again.
4) I can understand why a dirty car is bugging you but you also want to protect your paint. I don’t know if that’s true what BMW told you, but it sounds plausible to me (who has never lived in freezing weather, so what do I know?).
I hope you guys have a great dinner out and stay warm and safe. Enjoy your weekend!
February 12th, 2021 at 6:55 pm · Link
Neither of my mom’s parents were readers. She came by it on her own as a child. =o)
February 13th, 2021 at 7:46 pm · Link
B.E., Cool to know!