TGIF! I hope all of you in the path of the freezing and dangerous weather have power, heat and water. This is just brutal, and shows us that Mother Nature can kick all our modern conveniences butt when she chooses. But seriously, Mother Nature, take a chill pill and give these folks in Texas, Oklahoma and all the other regions a break.
Okay onto Friday Five:
- I went to lunch with Biker Witch today. Great to see my sister! I had a tri tip wedge salad that sounded good, but wasn’t But that’s okay, ordering dessert made up for it.
- Wizard got his first Covid shot. Yay! It was super easy, he got up early, went online and made an appointment at out local pharmacy and did it. I won’t be eligible to get mine for another month or two, but at least people I love are getting it.
- Wizard is building a model car (small scale). And he’s a perfectionist…and I’m laughing my butt off. He’s already ordered an exact replica because this one isn’t coming out good enough. He’s laboriously redoing parts, and describing it all to me and I finally said, “All this pain, doing it, redoing it and endlessly obsessing, then buying a new one and starting over? IT’S LIKE WRITING MY BOOK! He gave me a sheepish grin, acknowledging that he may have told me to just write the book and be done a time or two.
- I am writing tons, but no farther in the book, LOLOL! The book I originally planned wasn’t good enough and I’ve done months of work to retool the story to where I think it will be…someday, but still hoping for summer I think I may make it. I really want to get this book and Ram’s written this year.
- The last few weeks were a combination of stress and not feeling well that landed my butt in the doctor’s office. Really long and boring story short: one theory is that my funky gall bladder is being set off by stress. This week we started some tests…and of course I feel better. I can hear my gall bladder taunting me, What? I’m totally cool, dudes. Nothing to see here! Anyhow, I have an ultrasound scheduled next Friday (a week from today) and I’m going actively try to set off another attack before that with spectacularly bad food choices. Will it work???? Probably not. You all know my gall bladder is laughing gleefully, right? Still I’m feeling so much better this week that I’ll take that as a win
That’s my random five things about my week, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a safe, warm and happy weekend!