TGIF! Let’s jump into sharing five random things.
- Wizard survived jury duty. To no one’s surprised, the judge and lawyers declined to have him on the jury.
- While he was out of house, I wanted to get an early jump on his birthday. I went to one of his hobby stores to order some stuff for him. I got a kid who took one look at me and decided not to do his job. He told me he couldn’t possibly order the items for me, and the only way I could get them was to call the manufacturer myself. Um…or I could one-click Amazon. So much for trying to help out a small business. Yeah I could have asked to see the owners, but I just didn’t have the energy. I knew I could order the parts but went out of my way to help them, and I really shouldn’t have to fight that hard to spend my money in their store. Just my opinion.
- A lot of stuff has happened this week, making writing time scarce. Of course, I wasn’t happy with the original synopsis of this book and have spent months rethinking it so that’s on me :-). Now that I have 50 rough (VERY ROUGH) pages, I’m re-outlining the story so I have a decent idea how to write this and weave storylines. I must like writing the hard way, LOL.
- I went by my son and daughter-in-laws, and while I was there her mom came over. Guys this is soooo cute. One of their dogs is Phoebe, a goofball golden retriever. Phoebe saw daughter in law’s mom, and grabbed the blanket her mom bought the dog for Christmas and took it to her with doggie joy. Then the dog tossed it up so it landed on her back and pranced. It was adorable. I’m not sure I would have believed it if I hadn’t seen it. I guess it’s the doggie version of Thank you for my awesome blanket!
- Turbo’s birthday is next week, but we’re doing a small family celebration Sunday night at Turbo’s house. I’m making him a simple but hopefully fun birthday cake. Hard to believe 3 years went by so fast!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!