Friday, March 12th, 2021
TGIF! Let’s jump into sharing five random things.
- Wizard survived jury duty. To no one’s surprised, the judge and lawyers declined to have him on the jury.
- While he was out of house, I wanted to get an early jump on his birthday. I went to one of his hobby stores to order some stuff for him. I got a kid who took one look at me and decided not to do his job. He told me he couldn’t possibly order the items for me, and the only way I could get them was to call the manufacturer myself. Um…or I could one-click Amazon. So much for trying to help out a small business. Yeah I could have asked to see the owners, but I just didn’t have the energy. I knew I could order the parts but went out of my way to help them, and I really shouldn’t have to fight that hard to spend my money in their store. Just my opinion.
- A lot of stuff has happened this week, making writing time scarce. Of course, I wasn’t happy with the original synopsis of this book and have spent months rethinking it so that’s on me :-). Now that I have 50 rough (VERY ROUGH) pages, I’m re-outlining the story so I have a decent idea how to write this and weave storylines. I must like writing the hard way, LOL.
- I went by my son and daughter-in-laws, and while I was there her mom came over. Guys this is soooo cute. One of their dogs is Phoebe, a goofball golden retriever. Phoebe saw daughter in law’s mom, and grabbed the blanket her mom bought the dog for Christmas and took it to her with doggie joy. Then the dog tossed it up so it landed on her back and pranced. It was adorable. I’m not sure I would have believed it if I hadn’t seen it. I guess it’s the doggie version of Thank you for my awesome blanket!
- Turbo’s birthday is next week, but we’re doing a small family celebration Sunday night at Turbo’s house. I’m making him a simple but hopefully fun birthday cake. Hard to believe 3 years went by so fast!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!
March 12th, 2021 at 9:25 am · Link
I feel Wiz’s jury-duty frustrations. Same happens to me. Personally, I would call the owners of the hobby store and tell them they lost a sale and why. They need to know their emplyees are worthless. RL has been rather…in our faces this week. Goldies are the goofiest! So cute that happened. Happy almost b-day Turbo and cake!
1) Stormy’s b-da7 is 10 days away but his party is tomorrow. It’s a Lego-learning deal that pairs STEM lessons with Legos. The kiddos should have a blast.
2) Jake helped “de-stress” a police officer after the PO had to chase down a shoplifter. Jake had already made friends with the PO on previous trips. We went yesterday to get a few groceries I need to get through to next week because I get my first shot today and wasn’t sure how’d I’d react after so didn’t want to shop.
3) It’s been an okay writing week. The original premises of this book keeps getting shoved to the back burner as other stuff–action, emotional, and conflict comes up. That’s okay. I just hope I can figure it all out. At the moment, the timeline is a bit wonky. LOL
4) Listened to two books by a fave author and finally realized why I didn’t love them when there was a lot there to love. Her books are normally in the heroines POV with only short passages in the the hero’s. And her heroines can wax poetic describing what they’re wearing, how they decorate, what they’re fixing for dinner, and that pair of $1000 shoes they saw at the mall. This is fine. I get it. (My heroines sometimes do go on a little long about weapons– 🤣 ). These two newest books are in the heroes’ POVs–with a male narrator–and her tough alpha male bikers WAX POETIC about what the heroines are wearing, including the shoes, the interior decorating of their pads, and the way their hair is styled. I just…no.
5) I finally broke down and ordered a new keyboard. Probably a third of the letters have worn off on my old one, despite my putting a keyboard cover init when they first started wearing off. My body chemistry evidently takes that paint right off. This keyboard is close to 10 years old and some of the function keys finally stopped working too. I have two keyboards arriving today. Why two? Long story. But they were fairly cheap and LG needs a new one too so it’s all good. Yay for Christmas money!
On that note, I need to go get ready to go get my vaccine. Yuck. Have I mentioned that I HATE needles?!?! My blood pressure is up. And yes, I AM taking Jake as my support dog. LOL Have a great weekend, everyone! And remember to “Spring Forward!” May this be the last time we have to do that if the bill pending in Congress will get voted on and passed!
March 12th, 2021 at 4:19 pm · Link
1. Ha ha on Wizard being excused. I always am too. Once it was because I was wearing a short skirt for a rape case.
2. Sorry hear that you tried to help a local business and were treated so bad. How dumb of that clerk.
3. I’m sure you’ll get through the rough pages like you always do and they will be great.
4. Aren’t animals great! I bet his “other” grandma loved that he remembered she gave him the blanket. Just sweet!
5. Have a really great time celebrating Turbo’s 3rd birthday. Man time flies!
1a. Spent all day yesterday trying to schedule a vaccine. I finally got to where I could claim an appointment and their site put me in a 30 min process loop and then threw me off . No luck today either.
Hubs got his second shot this morning.
2a. The card for my computer is supposed to arrive today but UPS turned it over to USPS (the worst in the country) and God only knows when it will get here now .
3a. It’s been beautiful here lately. A bit chilly today but still bright blue sky. My car is washed .
4a. Got a portion of the basement cleaned Wednesday. There is so much more I want to do.
5a. Bought some cream from CBDMd and really like it. I’ve been rubbing it into my shoulder at night and it seems to help. I haven’t awakened with shoulder pain those two nights. May explore more of their products.
Have a great weekend and have lots of fun celebrating with Turbo and family!
March 12th, 2021 at 5:22 pm · Link
Silver, goldens are great dogs in the right homes! Phoebe is the queen of goofballs
1) Stormy’s turning 7, right? The party sounds perfect!
2) First it’s smart of you to be prepared in case you have side effects from the vaccine. And second, JAKE IS AMAZING!
3) Keep writing and you can fix the other stuff later! By the way, I’m better at giving writing advice than taking it. But that all sounds like fixable stuff. I just kept working on plot points to clarify things.
4) I so get this! Yep, too much shopping, shoes and fashion descriptions lose me. It’s worse when the hero does it too.
5) I type the letters off my keyboards really fast. Drives Wizard batty. I think it’s just a hazard of the occupation. FYI, I usually don’t notice unless I’m typing passwords where they don’t show the letters. Glad you got the new one! Christmas money put to good use
I hope you got your shot all done, it wasn’t traumatic, and you don’t have any unpleasant side effects. And thanks for the Spring Forward reminder! Have a good weekend!
March 12th, 2021 at 5:31 pm · Link
Viki, I rolled my eyes so hard at you being excused for wearing a short skirt to a rape case. But I’m staying off my soapbox
1) I’m sorry you’re having such a struggle getting that vaccine appointment. I’m still not eligible here in CA and pretty disgusted.
2) I hope the card gets there. I find UPS transferring to USPS to always be slow.
3) Yay for pretty days and a clean car!
4) Cleaning a basement sounds like hard work. Probably like our big storage closet that seems to fill up when we’re not looking.
5) Really glad that works for you!
Thanks on Turbo’s birthday, and I hope you have a great weekend, and you can get your vaccine scheduled soon!
March 12th, 2021 at 7:01 pm · Link
I was surprised at the vaccine. Every time they show people getting vaccinated on TV, it’s this REALLY LOOOONG needle. The tech and I chatted, I petted and focused on Jake and it was like a small prick. The finger stab when I gived blood hurts way worse! So far, no reaction and I go back in for my second dose on April 14. And yes, Stormy will be 7. Talk about time flying!!!!