TGIF! Let’s jump right into sharing five random things about our week:
- April is filled with appointments and I’m just scratching the surface of things I need to catch up on after the Covid shutdown. I made Maggie’s dental appointment and am relived about that because it’s been a couple years since her last one. Small breed dogs have a lot of problems with their teeth. In this case, preventative care really is worth the money, time and risk of anesthesia. We originally planned to do it at the beginning of this year, but Maggie’s bladder stones threw us a curveball. We’ve renamed Maggie — Maggie Money Pit this year She’s not amused.
- I’ve also scheduled my eye and dental appointments. Both of those are after my second shot, but overall I feel pretty safe with the protocols in place. My bank card, however, doesn’t feel safe from the price tag of new glasses, LOL.
- Wizard and I have never had “real” bedroom furniture. I have my parents old beat up dresser and two round particle board tables with cheap tablecloths as nightstands. Today we began looking for a dresser and nightstands that actually match and look decent. We found something we like, but will we buy it? I mean it’s been three and a half decades and we haven’t done it yet. What if we’re rushing into the decision?????
- We’ve begun real spring cleaning by washing all the upstairs windows and screens. We’ll do the downstairs next week. After that, I’ll get the blinds all dusted, then it’s carpet cleaning–I even ordered the detergent stuff for the carpet cleaning machine. We’ll get it all done in small chunks. My regular cleaning is getting ignored while we do all this other stuff.
- I sent a letter to terminate my gym membership. For me, that’s the last place I’m comfortable returning to this year since it wasn’t particularly clean before Covid. I can rejoin later, or maybe try something else. For the last few weeks, I’ve been using bands and progressing very slowly with mild strength training. I’m also adding in an occasional beginning Yoga class that focuses on body alignment and active muscle engagement which is key to strength and balance–something I want to maintain as time goes on. We’ll see how it goes.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!