TGIF! Lets dive into sharing five random things about our week. Mine is pretty random
- It’s hot! It’s going to cool down a but for the next few days.
- Wednesday, I picked up one of my daughter-in-laws, and we met Turbo and his mom at a small zoo. It was fun, but a lot of the zoo was still closed, which they didn’t mention on their website. However, Turbo was happy. Especially since his aunt bought him a popsicle and a toy. I mean…that’s a pretty awesome day for a three year old, right?
- When I dropped daughter-in-law off at home, I went inside for a few minutes to play with her dogs. Seriously–never mind that my son is working from home, I went in to see the dogs. Then I was half way out the door to leave when I hear a voice behind me, “Mom I came out of my office to hug you.” Um…oops In my defense, I know how hard and long he’s working to finish up this marathon tax season, and I wasn’t going to bug him. I figured once tax season is over, then I’ll bug him tons. But still what kind of mom doesn’t even realize her son is standing there waiting to hug her goodbye????
- My shorter haircut is a mixed bag. I like it sometimes, other times it frustrates me because my hair is fine and–this is a quote from my hair dresser– “flippy”. I think what she meant to say was it’s a fine, wavy undisciplined mess that thinks a style is just a suggestion and it can do whatever the hell it wants. All I know as the sleek cute style I came out of the salon with is a distant memory.
- I yelled at my yoga teacher last night. I mean, she tells me to get into this pose and my muscles are screaming. And then she’s all chipper like… “Now that you have your foundational pose, lets try to bend into a pretzel while keeping that strong foundational pose even though your legs are burning and shaking and your liver is twisting like a corkscrew and you’re about to black out. Okay, now breathe.” Breathe? BREATHE!!!! So I yelled at her. Then I army crawled down the stairs because my legs were sobbing noodles and ate an ice cream. FYI, my “yoga teacher” is a you tube video and I think she laughed at me. Sadly, I’ll do it again tomorrow night. Someday, I might even get out of the beginner classes
That’s my five random things, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!