Friday, June 4th, 2021
TGIF! Sheesh, I don’t know how time is going by so fast! Okay, let’s dive into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Top of the news for me is that Wednesday we went to play with Turbo. He was a blast from the moment we walked in When we had to leave, he was said and said, “I don’t want you to leave.” Priceless.
- How many of you bet on Maggie winning the mini hunger strike???? You all win! She’s back to getting wet food in her morning kibble just how she likes it. There’s a reason we call her Princess AKA Princess P.I.A.
- Maggie’s other nicknames include Magalicious, Pupperoni, Love Bug and Pumpkin Face. The last one is probably the weirdest, LOL. It’s one of those names that just happened for silly reasons and stuck.
- I am not a fan of cleaning. However I’m a huge fan of a clean house. The dilemma is real. So is the body aches from cleaning
- Back to Turbo, he’s coming over Sunday. His parents will make the hour drive out to drop him off, then return home to tackle some spring cleaning and we’ll take him home later that day. I told Maggie Turbo is coming over–her ears went up and she looked at the front door. I felt bad since she didn’t understand I didn’t mean that minute. If Maggie sees us getting ready for company (like getting out Turbo’s toys), she sits at the door and waits. It’s cute like that, but not cute that I teased her days before Turbo was actually coming over.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
June 4th, 2021 at 6:36 am · Link
Maggie’s such a good dog. And so smart. Your cleaning bit reminds me of something we say around here “Why do we :insert unpalatable chore:? Because it looks so nice when we’re done!” LOL about the nicknames for Maggie… we had a lot of nicknames for Kira and Max, too. Ah, Maggie wins. The things pets get away with. Yay for Turbo time! He’s such a cutie.
1) Speaking of unpalatable chores, Hubs mowed the yard yesterday while I took the idiot stick and whacked down a bunch of tall weeds, then moved all the rocks underneath, so he can mow there today without harshing the mower… like I did when I tried to mow the tall weeds and encountered big rocks.
2) I tweaked my coffee cake recipe to incorporate apples. It turned out so awesome Hubs had two pieces. I posted the recipe to FB yesterday. I’ll post it to my blog on Sunday.
3) We were so busy with yard stuff yesterday that I totally forgot I was going to do a roast for dinner. Dinner ended up being sandwiches and chips.
4) I had a totally derpy day yesterday. Braining was not my forte. Thankfully, I didn’t injure myself or burn the house down.
5) Right now, I’m re-reading Silver’s new book. This time for pleasure. It’s totally awesome.
June 4th, 2021 at 8:18 am · Link
What B.E. said in response to your 5, Jen. And B.E., thanks! There was a week, wasn’t there… I blinked and sorta missed it. Digging for 5:
1. Stormy came over a couple of times. He’s funny when his Big Daddy falls asleep on the couch while they’re watching cartoons. When LG wakes up, Stormy looks over and says, “Hi, Big Daddy. Welcome back.” Cracks. Me. Up!
2. I had a book release and now I’m working to get it formatted for print. Waiting one the cover now that I know the page count. Also getting a book in the Nightriders series from last fall set up for print. Trying to be smart, I’m working on templates for each series where I can just copy and paste each chapter because the headers/footers/sections drive me batty! I’ve had to do a lot of braining this week. It’s HARD!
3. Gave myself a haircut. ‘Nuff said.
4. It’s the week of the Women’s College World Series. Yay softball! Yesterday was the first game day. #1 OU got upset by unranked James Madison University. Yikes! My OSU Cowgirls pulled off a win over Georgia. They play JMU in the winner’s bracket tonight. OU plays Georgia tomorrow in the loser’s bracket. Nail biting time!
5. After a chilly, rainy start to the week, the sun has come out. Trying to avoid turning on the AC. As long as it cools off so we can sleep at night, we’re good. Tomorrow is siren test and Mexican food with the kids. And softball. No work. I swear I’m taking the weekend off. Which means I need to finish formatting today.
On that note, have a great weekend, everyone! Read, nap, have family time, do stuff you want. 🥰
June 4th, 2021 at 3:06 pm · Link
1. Having Wednesday with Turbo sounds wonderful. It is so sad when you have to leave. They are always heartbroken.
2. We all won that bet :). Maggie is a girl that knows how to get what she wants.
3. Love Maggie’s nicknames especially pumpkin face. I call Spunk pumpkin all the time.
4. I hear you on not caring to clean but liking it clean. I hope you didn’t over do it.
5. Oh Sunday will be another fun action packed day for you and Wizard but Maggie too.
1a. It’s been kind of normal weather here the past couple days but this weekend we are going to head up into the upper 80’s and mid 90’s. I am not a fan and with no rain it will be awful.
2a. Hubs went to play with Harrison yesterday and when he came home he told me that eldest got a job and will be starting the 14th. So hubs gets to babysit Harrison again but only two days a week. He’s so excited :).
3a. Middle has been in Utah visiting a friend he’s known since he was 8. He’s on his way back now but has had to change his flight twice due to storms.
4a. I know it’s going to be very hot Sunday but I just noticed I have stew beef in the freezer that has been there a couple months. Yes, we will be eating stew on Sunday.
5a. Made a margarita the other night to go along with my dinner. The next day hubs told me I laughed much more that night than I do when I have a glass of wine. I found that funny.
I sure hope you’re having a great afternoon. Have a fantastic time Sunday with Turbo!
June 4th, 2021 at 5:44 pm · Link
B.E, Wizard and I have sayings like that too, but not usually as polite. We add a few descriptive phrases
1) Rocks are hazardous to a mower, and not great with a weed eater either. But yay for the chore being done…until next time.
2) Yay for excellent & creative baking time!
3) You both deserved an easy dinner.
4) I’m very relieved you didn’t injure yourself or burn the house down Hope today is better.
5) I have Silver’s book and will read soon!
I hope you and hubby have a great weekend!
June 4th, 2021 at 5:51 pm · Link
Silver, I’m trying to figure out why time is going so fast now. The good news is I’m rarely bored, I guess.
1) OMGosh that is hilarious! I can so see it with Stormy!
2) Yes it’s hard for sure. But you’re smart to get a template. Hope you’re able to get it all done without blowing any fuses in your brain. And CONGRATS ON YOUR RELEASE!! I have my copy!
3) I bet it looks cute!
4) Sounds like they Women’s College World Series is pretty danged tense! Hope your Cowgirls keep winning.
5) My air is on this afternoon, it’s just too hot for me. Yes, definitely take off the weekend. We all need to do that more! Hope you got the formatting done.
Enjoy the siren test and family lunch!
June 4th, 2021 at 5:57 pm · Link
Viki, of course you all won, LOL! I mean, Turbo calls our place “Maggie’s house” for a reason.
1) I’m whining about the the weather heating up too.
2) Congrats to Oldest and yay for hubs! Harrison is probably thrilled to have some Grandpa time too.
3) I feel for Middle. I don’t mind actual flying, but airports, idiots, delays and weather are such a pain.
4) Run your A/C and enjoy your stew! I’ve done that.
5) That’s pretty funny. Maybe tequila is your happy juice. A margarita has sounded good lately.
Hope you have a great weekend despite the heat!