TGIF! But seriously, how are we in July already? 2021 is a half over!
Okay time to jump into sharing 5 random things about our week.
1) I want to brag about something silly I’ve moved up from pure beginner yoga, to an intermediate practice. I’m honestly so proud of myself for not rushing, not hurting myself (yet) and staying focused on strength and flexibility (not dieting or thinness, I eat mostly healthy but plenty of food). I’m at the low to middle end of intermediate, but I can do more than I thought I would be capable of, so yay me! Like I said, it’s a little silly.
2) This week I did some excellent plotting while floating on a raft in my pool. I was able to weave some plot threads in a good way. I have a lot more to go, but doing that plot thread weaving is something I absolutely love.
3) The condo collapse in Florida has been on my mind. My heart aches for all the families and friends waiting for news, and for those who’ve gotten the worst news possible about their loved ones. As always, I’m grateful for our first responders and all those working to find those missing that rubble.
4) I’m getting my hair cut and colored by a new stylist today.
5) It’s the 4th of July on Sunday. To celebrate, youngest is having a family pool party at his house on Monday (a holiday since the 4th fell on a Sunday). I’m so excited! It’s his first family party at their house. Covid stopped them from doing it sooner. I’m really excited. I’m always happy when the family gets together. Maggie is sulking through because, as we all know, she LOVES her brothers, especially youngest.
That’s my five now I’d love to hear yours! I hope all the US residents have a great 4th and all of you have a great weekend!
July 2nd, 2021 at 6:54 am · Link
You worked hard toward your goals and are achieving them, so no, it’s not silly to be proud. So there. Yay for raft plotting! The collapse was horrific. Yay for getting your hair done! And I hope you have loads of fun at BLB’s house!
1) I had an epiphany last night and wrote the climax, so I’ve got that going for me. I will finish this book this time. Finally.
2) One of our bucks lost an antler. We’re calling him Uno.
3) I’ve taken to riding the exercise bike again. I pop on some jams and peddle away. I’ve done three days in a row now and about ten miles worth of riding.
4) I’m getting the urge to rearrange furniture again. Unfortunately, most of the house is already at optimum furniture placement. On the other hand, if I moved those chairs to over there, I have room for another bookcase. Excellent.
5) The 3-5 inches of rain they predicted for yesterday ended up being 2 inches. It’s been a pretty wet year so far, so I’m okay with getting less than they promised.
July 2nd, 2021 at 7:53 am · Link
Working hard is it’s own reward! Go you! Raft plotting FTW! My heart goes out to all in Florida. Yay for getting your hair done and 🤞 you’ve found a good stylist! Cheers to loads of fun at BLB’s house! My five:
1) Stormy was here M-W. He and his Big Daddy had a blast and he read a whole Goose Bumps book.
2) Finally saw the little mama cat the other day. She’s been MIA from the morning feed for several weeks. Only the four black-cat boys showed up. She wasn’t there this morning but I at least know she’s around and healthy.
3. Took Drover (my Highlander) in for service yesterday. It was his 60K checkup, oil change, tire rotation, etc. It was all good and I had a $40 off coupon FTW! Jake went and was quite a hit with the service writers, those waiting, and the gal who checked us out.
4. Let’s not talk about writing. I got maybe 1K done on the novella that’s due and then 250 words on a totally unrelated project.
5. We’ve had over 10″ of rain since this time last Friday. All the area lakes are above flood level so no one will be heading out for boating or camping over the long weekend. No sure if that’s good or bad. We plan to stay in and hope the fireworks don’t get too loud. Boone and Jake don’t like the noise.
Boring week for me but it beats the alternative. Have a happy and safe 4th, y’all! 🥰
July 2nd, 2021 at 3:19 pm · Link
1. That’s great with the yoga! You should be very happy.
2. When I read this I pictured you floating around the pool. Being that it’s relaxing may have helped plotting.
3. The condo has been on my mind too. I wondered right away why they didn’t enlist the Palestinians help. We see their apartment buildings after strikes and I thought they would have the best knowledge on how to search.
4. How is your new stylist? I hope you love your hair.
5. Sweet! I hope you all have a wonderful family get together at BLB’s on the 4th. Maggie can’t go?
1a. It’s a beautiful day here. The humidity dropped and the temperature is 70. Just lovely. Unfortunately it goes right back to yucky tomorrow.
2a. Youngest made it to Fort Meyers in 18 1/2 hours. That kid can drive and never stop. I wonder how Courtney did ;)?
3a. No holiday plans for hubs and me. Eldest is doing stuff with his biological mom and middle is with friends. I think I’ll just get ribs for hubs and me and lay low.
4a. I’m having a “I’m tired” week. Every time I sit down to read I find myself fallen forward into the book.
5a. I need to buy a new pair of workout shoes. I’m thinking of a UA pair that’s rather new but they are super expensive. Like cheap Jenn, cheap Viki is going to hem and haw for a while :).
I hope you have a lovely Independence Day!
July 2nd, 2021 at 5:23 pm · Link
1) That is awesome! I love those epiphanies.
2) Uno is a cute name.
3) 10 miles in three days is great. Keep going if it makes you feel good.
4) You can never have enough bookcases. Unless you have to move again
5) 2 inches is a good amount of rain. Glad you guys are getting enough.
Hope you have a good weekend!
July 2nd, 2021 at 5:28 pm · Link
Silver, all true
1) Can’t miss with Goose Bumps books, I read a bunch of those when one of my sons was into them. Stormy is a smart kid!
2) Yay for Mama Cat sighting.
3) Jake always steals the show! He must really love people and attention.
4) Okay, we’re not talking about writing.
5) That’s too much rain in a short amount of time Maggie doesn’t like fireworks either and they’ll already setting them off here. I feel for Jake and Boone. I get pissed every year.
Hope you guys have a good weekend.
July 2nd, 2021 at 5:35 pm · Link
Viki, I liked the stylist, she was very nice and helpful with some good suggestions for minimizing damage from my pool. Maggie can’t go this time, but we’re actually doing it on the 5th, so I’ll be home with Maggie on the 4th through the fireworks.
1) Glad you got at least a day break from the humidity.
2) That’s impressive that youngest drove straight through like that. I wonder how his girlfriend did too.
3) Ribs sounds goods! Our kids have busy lives so it’s hard to gather.
4) Those “tired weeks” are real. I hope the fatigue clears up for you.
5) Well good running (or workout) shoes are worth the money. If you do get that brand, let me know if you like them.
Enjoy your ribs and have a good weekend!