TGIF. Let’s jump right into sharing 5 random things about our week:
- Today Maggie is going to the vet for a urinalysis to check for crystals that form bladder stones and her rabies shot. Unfortunately, the rabies shot make her sick, but getting rabies is a lot worse than not feeling well for a day. She’s due for two more boosters, but we’ll do those in a couple months.
- I made a non-dairy chocolate cake from scratch that was good! My only note so far is that I should have used parchment paper on the bottom of the cake pans instead of just relying on my baking spray (that’s me being lazy, LOL). One of my 8 inch pans lost a couple chunks when I released them. On the upside–that gave Wizard and I some tasting pieces to confirm the cake is good. AFTER Wizard tasted it, I told him it was vegan. His shocked expression was priceless as his experience with vegan baked goods in the past hasn’t been great. (By the way, I wasn’t looking for vegan, just dairy-free but this recipe looked well designed to me, so I had to try it.) This was a large recipe that yielded two 8-inch layers and two 6-inch layers, so now I have two full cakes ready to pull out of the freezer and decorate when I wish to do it.
- We are going to Youngest’s on Sunday. Oldest, his wife and Turbo will be there too. Middle and his wife are helping another family member.
- I might break out one of my freezer cakes to try an Oreo cake with chocolate drips–all non dairy. It all depends if Youngest on what they want me to bring–if anything.
- It’s been a quiet week–the highlight was buying Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla for my cakes and cookies. I was seriously excited when that came and made Wizard smell it, then I made him tell me it was amazing or I wouldn’t bake anymore Yep, that’s right, I got excited about a fancy version of vanilla extract, LOL
So that’s my five, I bet your five things are more exciting than mine I hope everyone has a safe, happy and healthy weekend!