TGIF and Happy Friday! Let’s jump into sharing five random things about our week.
- My web guru did a major cleanup on my site a few weeks ago, and the blog scheduler was working great for weeks. Then it stopped this week. It’s has to be trolls trying to aggravate me.
- Poor Maggie reneged on our deal. I told her that if she didn’t lick her wound (from the abscess that pretty much burst open–it’s not pretty), I wouldn’t put her in the cone of shame. She wouldn’t do it in front of me, or if she started too, all I had to say was “Don’t do it,” and she’d stop. However I can’t watch her every minute, and the wound is driving her nuts. So yesterday I went to Petsmart and bought the dreaded cone of shame. It had to be done.
- Maggie, for all her sweetness, isn’t dumb. It only took her a couple hours to figure out how to pop it off. That dog went up to my room, found a spot between a chair and a wall and rubbed it until it unsnapped and fell off. Then she trotted downstairs a happy girl. It took everything I had NOT TO LAUGH. I mean, kudos to her for figuring it out. However, I raised 3 boys so yeah, the cone is back and this time I locked that sucker down. We’ll see what happens. We are keeping this cone on her only as long as absolutely necessary and I’m not super stressed about it. The good news is it’s a fairly small cone and not as miserable as the one she had to wear after surgery to remove the bladder stones.
- So it’s been a week. The car accident and problems with that, Maggie’s abscess, vet issues, a bunch of other crap and then Tuesday around the stroke of midnight, the smoke alarm malfunctioned. Wizard and I both knew what it was, but the trick was finding which freaking smoke alarm it was. We have 5 of them upstairs, one in each bedroom and the hallway. So both of us are running from room to room tying to ascertain which one is trying to make our brains bleed. Finally we found it, and I ran downstairs to get the step stool. Maggie was in her kennel, laying down with her head resting on her paws, watching me with an expression that I can only describe as, Humans are idiots. She’s not wrong.
- If Maggie’s doing okay, then I’m going to go see Turbo and his parents on Sunday while Wizard is racing. But I’m playing that by ear. If I stay home, maybe I can concentrate on writing.
So that’s my five random things and now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!