TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week.
- Maggie had a recheck and more booster shots at the vet. So far I’m very happy with the new office. Maggie was sore for two days after her shots. The poor dog has been through a lot this year. But she’s caught up for a while now, and hopefully won’t have any more problems.
- We went to the dentist. I had a great checkup. Poor Wizard had to start a crown to replace an old filling that had cracked. I feel for him, but now the worst part of that is done.
- Today, I will hopefully get my mammogram done. It took a LOT to get this appointment, but I imagine it’ll go fairly smooth. Fun fact about me–I’m weird enough that I sign into the sites to see my images of any of these exams, then do research on Google Images to see if I can “read” the x-ray, MRI or whatever it is. I never seem to remember that I’m not a doctor, nurse or anything remotely qualified, LOL. It’s just a quirk. I’ve been more right than wrong in my uneducated guesses, but I’m still not a doctor
- In book news, Katie Couric makes me sad and annoyed. I try not to comment on books written about politics. But since this one was written my a journalist/entertainer on her career, I’m just gonna say what I feel: I’m utterly disgusted. What really ticks me off is the way she treated other women. Gaining or keeping success by trying to repress others is just revolting. I was pretty ambivalent about her before this, but now, she seems downright unlikeable to me. To be clear, I’m basing my opinions from excerpts released in the media, and her pre-release media interviews. I won’t buy the book. Okay, I’ll stop now
- I have to think about Thanksgiving. And not only that, I need to actually reach out and discuss it with others like my kids because, as it turns out, they can’t access my thoughts and need actual concrete communication from me. Who knew?
So that’s my five now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!