TGIF It’s been a week. But now it’s time to share five random things about our weeks, so here’s mine:
- Wizard’s Tricky Tooth Saga goes on. I won’t bore you with the details, just sum it up with: Every attempted fix had uncovered a deeper problem. No one’s fault, they really couldn’t see how deep it was on the x-ray. Sooner or later, we’ll get it resolved. This has not been Wizard’s idea of a good time, now he’s on antibiotics and waiting for an appointment with a third dentist (two are different specialists).
- Our anniversary is Saturday. We had dinner plans and cancelled them. Wizard isn’t going to be able to eat, and we’ll celebrate once he’s feeling better. And honestly, there’s just other stressors going on.
- I baked a new-to-me mocha chocolate cake yesterday and immediately froze it–trust me this keeps them fresh. Then I made a big batch of buttercream and made part of that buttercream in chocolate mocha flavor using melted chocolate. I’m going to see how “soft” it is when I decorate the cake. If it’s too soft to decorate with, then I’ll use it for filling between layers. My plan was to make the cake tomorrow or Saturday if Wizard feels like eating it in a mini-anniversary celebration. It’ll be a simple design because…life
- In good news, we have Thanksgiving planned at middle son’s house, and I’m really looking forward to that. It’s nice when the family pulls together. I love that.
- This week, we got to see Wizard’s sister and brother-in-law that we haven’t seen since Covid began. He’s a doctor working in a major hospital so he’s been understandably cautious about exposing others. We’ve really missed them. It was so wonderful to see them, catch up on our lives and how our kids are doing. That was a true highlight of the week!
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!