TGIF! I hope everyone in the states had a good Turkey Day, and everyone outside the sates had a good Thursday I’m late today because the last three days were a nonstop blur, but now it’s time to dive into sharing five random things about out week.
- Wizard had his followup appointment for his oral surgery and is doing great. Healed enough to do anything he wants to now. Such good news!
- Our Thanksgiving was great and chaotic as always. However middle son and his wife couldn’t come. We really, really missed them. They’ve been a little under the weather, and stayed home as a precaution because much as we all are sick and tired of it, Covid is still with us. I wholly and sincerely respect them for thinking of others.
- Everyone pitched in big time to help by bringing food. AND! I asked for help as I needed it the whole day. Everyone jumped right in from cooking to the final clean up. I was proud of myself for asking and grateful to everyone else eagerly helping.
- Maggie was so tired by the end of the night, she literally couldn’t hold her eyes open and was falling asleep sitting up like a puppy. She and Turbo have soooo much fun together. Turbo was so tired, his dad told me he fell asleep in his car seat before they got out of the driveway, LOL. But I love how much Turbo enjoys coming over here.
- If anyone missed the cake on my FB, I’ll post a pic below. I ran out of time to do much, but what I did do was fun! This cake was chocolate with Nutella flavored whipped cream filling. A very decadent cake.
That’s five now I’d love to hear yours! Hope you all have a great weekend!
November 26th, 2021 at 3:20 pm · Link
Yay for Wiz. Steak in the future? Hope the Middles feel better soon! I’m sure there was much missing on all sides. Yay you for asking for help and of course your family kicked in! Yay for Maggie and Turbo nap times! And that cake looks awesome so I bet it tasted yumsters too! Okay, my five.
1. T-giving at Uncle Fix-It’s was…different. Not being there. We usually do holiday dining there due to Aunt Hooey still being mostly in a wheel chair. It was food and company. Her nieces did the turkeys, each doing a 10-pounder a different way. There were 20 people there. Yeah, not much turkey to go around. Also, no dressing or sweet potato casserole. Weird veggie salads (like kale, peas, broccoli, and something I couldn’t identify because poking through the bowl would have been rude) was the norm. My rolls and pecan pie were good. And filling.
2. I’m baking a turkey roast for sandwiches for LG and I tonight. Dang it, the leftover turkey sammiches are my favorite part of the holiday! So, yeah. I’ll just freakin’ make my own.
3. Two more books came off Kindle Unlimited yesterday. I had one ready to go and got the other ready today. They’ve both cleared KU and have now been reloaded to the ‘Zon (updated back matter) and to D2D for wide distribution.
4. I’m just under 10K from hitting my 50K word count goal for NaNoWriMo. I have until midnight Sunday. We’ll see. The book won’t be finished but 50K puts me closer.
5. LG ordered these…booster things for the wifi, since the computers TVs and phones all run off the AT&T wifi. Sometimes, the TV in the bedroom pixelates and/or freezes. Okay, quite a bit actually. Anyway, he studied up and decided we need these booster pods. He tried to set them up Wednesday night but the app on his phone (downloaded as directed) wouldn’t talk to the pods so he had to plug the WEP box back in to the big ATT box so I could have TV in the bedroom. He’s going to try again today. Except I think he’s taking a nap. LOLOL
Hope everyone had a peaceful and happy Thanksgiving and have a great weekend! It’s Bedlam around here: OU vs. OSU. Go Pokes!
November 26th, 2021 at 3:59 pm · Link
Ooo, that looks totally yummy. And so pretty! Yay for Wizard getting the go ahead to eat normally again. Bummer about middle son and his wife. Maybe when they feel better, they can come for a postponed TGD. Yay for people pitching in! And awww for both Maggie and Turbo. Busy day for the little folks.
1) I’m on a break from doing spreadsheety stuff. I’d like to have my portion done by Monday, so I can help the office with their portion, if they need me. I’ve put in 4 hours on this today. Probably another couple or so left to go.
2) Thanksgiving was pretty laid back. You probably saw on FB, but Hubs’ turkey turned out super yummy. And my cheesecake was awesome, too.
3) We’ve been taking a break from firewood creation to rake the yard. I took a break from my spreadsheets today to spend an hour on that. The newly expanded yard adds to the overall leafage, but we’re still glad we did it.
4) I see a nap in my future, even if it is kinda late for a nap here.
5) I have 12 pages of edit notes left to input. I’d like to have those done before the end of the month, but I’m not holding my breath. I can only get out about 2 a day, if I’m lucky, before my brain melts.
November 26th, 2021 at 4:20 pm · Link
1. Great news on Wizard. Bet he’s very happy.
2. Sorry about Middle son and DIL but that was probably a good move.
3. I’m glad you had help. I bet it made things mush better and more fun.
4. Sweet Maggie must have had so much fun to be so worn out ;).
5. I think your cake is very pretty and it looks SO yummy!
1a. My neck is bad again and yesterday it was horrible but I still had a meal to put on. I made it through but not easily.
2a. Middle/DIL/Queso and youngest were with us for dinner. DIL brought potatoes but I did the rest. The food was great and it was a nice visit even being in pain.
3a. Spunk was not happy with a big dog in his house but he was still a nice host and didn’t hiss, smack, or growl at Queso. Queso couldn’t be bothered with Spunk.
4a. Went grocery shopping this morning and what was in stock had gone up so much in price from just a couple days ago. I will be heading to Walmart tomorrow because I am cheap and would NOT pay crazy prices.
5a. It snowed all day but it was fine snow, like salt. No real accumulation.
Did you do any Black Friday shopping today? I bought me two things . Eye cream and a sweater.
Sure hope you have a great weekend!
November 26th, 2021 at 5:03 pm · Link
Silver, yep there will be steak for Wizard
1) Oh gosh, I had a 20 pound turkey eight people and a toddler. Although I’m not good at stripping a turkey and don’t do soups (it’s a fail of mine). I personally love weird veggie salads (yeah, yeah, it’s a California joke right there, LOL), but I mess with holiday traditions. Food is so emotional, so I totally get it. At least the pecan pie and rolls were good!
2) Glad you’re making your own turkey, and you can freeze some for later if you like.
3) Going wide is a great way to get more streams of income, but it’s work to get it all done.
4) You rock! Even if you come a little under 50K, I’d call that a big win!!
5) UGH!! Sometimes those things work as promised, and other times, they’re migraine-inducing. I’m sorry, I hope today goes smoother and you can get it all sorted out.
Enjoy your turkey sandwiches!
November 26th, 2021 at 5:09 pm · Link
B.E., thanks on the cake and Wizard. Like I think I said, he never complained, but I could see it wearing him out, and now he can move on.
1) 4 hours of spreadsheets is a LOT for anyone. You’re smart to take a break.
2) I think I saw your FB post on my phone last night. Yay for hubs’s amazing turkey!
3) It’s worth the extra leaves to have the nice cleared space in your yard. Despite the extra raking, it must be so satisfying to see the progress you two have made by hard work.
4) Hope you got the nap in!
5) Okay, so I read 12 pounds of notes because I have turkey on the brain. I went back and saw 12 pages of notes left–that made more sense, LOL! Two pages a day means it’ll by done by the end of next week!! So yay!
November 26th, 2021 at 5:17 pm · Link
Viki, thanks on all!
1) Dang your neck is really acting up. I’m so sorry you had to work through all that to do Thanksgiving. That’s a lot for you to do even when you’re feeling 100%
2) You must have cooked an amazing dinner!
3) Poor Spunk, but he sure is a nice kitty to not hiss or smack Queso.
4) There’s a lot I don’t buy due to prices. I go to Walmart more than I used to for things than I used to because my cheap heart can’t take the sticker shock.
5) I guess the snow didn’t stick them. But still pretty? It’s 80 degrees here. We are weather-deficient, LOL. But I’m not complaining since Maggie and I took two long walks today.
Hope Harrison has fun see the reindeer! Turbo had Santa pics taken at preschool and they came out so cute. My favorite is the one of Turbo reading to Santa, it’s just adorable. Have a great weekend!