TGIF! Time to dive into sharing five random things about our week.
- As I’m typing this, Maggie is staring at me with a stern reminder that it’s past her designated “couch time.” Usually around 8pm at night we let her on the couch and believe me, she knows when that time is. I’m typing fast, LOL.
- I’m late getting to the blog because Wizard and I went out to a very nice dinner as a belated anniversary celebration. We both had a lovely glass of wine, steak and lobster and shared a key lime pie. It was delicious and we had a great time.
- It’s also really nice that we can enjoy each others company even after all these years. I told Wizard I saw Yoko Ono in the restaurant. He looked around and said, “Oh yeah, I see her with her son Sean.” And we had an entire conversation about people that weren’t there just for fun. It was so random, but he played right along. (I thought of Yoko Ono because some woman in there was wearing glasses that reminded me of her.)
- So for the last few weeks I’ve been struggling to get my Humira. I’m now late for my next injection and getting ping ponged between the doctors and the pharmacy trying to sort out a problem with the authorization from my medical group that I literally have zero control over. Yesterday afternoon, my doctors office called and I think we know where the problem is. But when I tried to call the specialty pharmacy they weren’t answering. I tried for 90 minutes. I’ll tackle it again today. I haven’t had an issue like this in years, and it’s so frustrating because I’ve been stable and very fortunate due to excellent care and meds. A snafu like this could send me into a full blown flare up. The memories of the days when I could barely walk, and trying to turn a door knob was a major challenge is not something I want to relieve because of some miscommunication that I have no control over. Okay, I’m done whining. I know I’ll get it sorted out and be fine.
- I’m not sure what I’m doing this weekend–probably decorating the house and I’m planning a cake to do just for fun. Maybe a 2D bear with a Santa hat. I’m seriously keeping my stress level low while waiting to get my meds.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a good weekend!