Friday, December 3rd, 2021
TGIF! Time to dive into sharing five random things about our week.
- As I’m typing this, Maggie is staring at me with a stern reminder that it’s past her designated “couch time.” Usually around 8pm at night we let her on the couch and believe me, she knows when that time is. I’m typing fast, LOL.
- I’m late getting to the blog because Wizard and I went out to a very nice dinner as a belated anniversary celebration. We both had a lovely glass of wine, steak and lobster and shared a key lime pie. It was delicious and we had a great time.
- It’s also really nice that we can enjoy each others company even after all these years. I told Wizard I saw Yoko Ono in the restaurant. He looked around and said, “Oh yeah, I see her with her son Sean.” And we had an entire conversation about people that weren’t there just for fun. It was so random, but he played right along. (I thought of Yoko Ono because some woman in there was wearing glasses that reminded me of her.)
- So for the last few weeks I’ve been struggling to get my Humira. I’m now late for my next injection and getting ping ponged between the doctors and the pharmacy trying to sort out a problem with the authorization from my medical group that I literally have zero control over. Yesterday afternoon, my doctors office called and I think we know where the problem is. But when I tried to call the specialty pharmacy they weren’t answering. I tried for 90 minutes. I’ll tackle it again today. I haven’t had an issue like this in years, and it’s so frustrating because I’ve been stable and very fortunate due to excellent care and meds. A snafu like this could send me into a full blown flare up. The memories of the days when I could barely walk, and trying to turn a door knob was a major challenge is not something I want to relieve because of some miscommunication that I have no control over. Okay, I’m done whining. I know I’ll get it sorted out and be fine.
- I’m not sure what I’m doing this weekend–probably decorating the house and I’m planning a cake to do just for fun. Maybe a 2D bear with a Santa hat. I’m seriously keeping my stress level low while waiting to get my meds.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a good weekend!
December 3rd, 2021 at 7:54 am · Link
Gah! I hope they get your meds straightened out soon. And they wonder why people hate insurance companies. Sheesh. Yay for house decorating and fun, stress-free cake. Yay for anniversary dinner out with good food and playing a fun game while you were there. (For a second, I though you actually did see Yoko and I was all like ‘isn’t she dead?’ Turns out she isn’t.) And lol about Maggie. Critters sure do have their times figured out, don’t they?
1) I have two pages of edit notes left to input. I’ll get those done today. Then I can start the next re-read and note-making marathon.
2) I’m trying not to think about the publishing stuff for this book. At least not until the damn thing is complete. Every time I think about publishing it, it shuts me down. Best not to think about it.
3) I got the tree up on Wednesday. And did a minimal decor thing in the rest of the house. I’m still totally not in the spirit for it yet, but I needed to get out my cards and since I had the tubs of decor out anyway, I figured I’d better just decorate. Maybe having the decorations up will help me get in the mood.
4) I finished reading that Zane Grey. It was awesome. My next book is also a hardcopy, which takes longer to read. I’m not going to reach my reading goal this year, but that’s life sometimes.
5) I saw two kittens on the pet rescue site that I was going on and on about. As we were laying in bed, Hubs said if I really wanted them and not having them was going to make me unhappy, we could go get them. And I felt bad that he thought he was making me sad by not getting a new pet. Anyway, I reassured him that having kittens and thinking about having kittens are two totally different things and I just like thinking about it. Long story short, we are not getting kittens. =o)
December 3rd, 2021 at 9:23 am · Link
Well…dang. SNAFUs in the med department are such a pain–literally AND figuratively. LG deals with this a lot with VA. I’m so sorry and hope you get it fixed into time to get back on track! Yummy belated anniversary dinner and fun games. Poor Maggie. Hope she got extra couch time. And bear cake for the win! My five:
1. I hit just over 50K to “win” NaNoWriMo on Tuesday, as most folks know but hey, I need five things, right?
2. I got the lights switched out on Nessie–from soft white to daylight. Big difference in the illumination. I had to quit because I got a sun migraine, despite wearing a ballcap. I finished putting up the outdoor lights and front porch evergreen swag and lights the next day. I had to toss two “strings” of candy-cane stake lights as they were dead. Ah well. Maybe the supply chain with get Christmas stuff here in time for the after Christmas sales.
3. LG got his truck back. Yay. It runs great. Except there’s a small rattle under the dash that is driving him batty. He’s spent DAYS trying to locate it. I’m stayin’ out of it.
4. Loki got to see the squirrel that occasionally invades the hanging feeder outside my office window. He was freaked then he went into hunter mode. Except…glass window. *Bonk* 🤣
5. Weather here has been unseasonably warm but that’s okay. No AC. No heat. Lower utility bills. A small front is coming through tonight which will drop our high about twenty degrees tomorrow. From the 70s to the 50s. Yeah, TOTALLY not complaining!
Tomorrow is “First Saturday” so siren test and Mexican food with the family. Yay! Also, OSU goes up against Baylor for the Big 12 championship. We’ll be watching the first half streaming on the phone due to said siren test. The second half, we’ll be at the restaurant and they have TVs, so yay! Have a great weekend, all!!! 🥰
December 3rd, 2021 at 4:18 pm · Link
1. Maggie is one smart dog. I hope she gets all of her couch time tonight :).
2/3. I am so glad that you and Wizard finally got to go celebrate your anniversary. Sounds like a lovely dinner and to see Yoko too ;). We have fun like that too.
4. Oh I am so upset for you! This is just not right. You should have your meds. I wonder if it’s another “chalk it up to the pandemic and supply chain issues?” I’m getting annoyed with that.
5. I hope you don’t over do it decorating this weekend. The cake idea sounds good.
1a. It’s been snowy/rainy here today so I made chili.
2a. I have about 1/3 of the decorations done in the house. I should finish up tomorrow.
3a. Tomorrow we’re celebrating middle’s birthday which is on the 6th. We will be going Indian.
4a. I’m finally getting the roof completely replaced. We didn’t do it at the beginning of the year because, you guessed it, hubs cheap. So am I, but the roof HAS to be done. They hope to get it done by the end of the year, weather permitting.
5a. Found out yesterday that my brother and his wife have Covid. He’s been sick for 2 weeks now and SIL came down with it last Thursday. Praying.
I hope you have a really great weekend!
December 3rd, 2021 at 5:03 pm · Link
B.E., it’s amazing how dogs and other animals can “tell time” which I think of as a human construct. Maggie really does love her routine.
1) You’re doing great on edits! You may already be done by the time I post this reply.
2) Yep, best not to think about it and I’m right there with you.
3) You obviously have more spirit than me, LOL. I’m doubting I’ll do cards for various reasons. But yay you!
4) I’m not big on reading goals, so I’m no help there. I definitely just read with my moods.
5) Now that I can relate too! It’s a huge difference between dreaming of and doing. I’m a huge believer in getting a pet when you’re really are ready and willing, and dreaming the rest of the time. I also get that you didn’t want hubs to think you were sad. I mean there’s a part of you that is, but not all of you is ready. Hubs is a good guy
Hope you have a good weekend!
December 3rd, 2021 at 5:11 pm · Link
Silver, I hit another brick wall today on meds with the pharmacy having phone line problems. I went to the cake store and spent $$ to just let it go. Monday I’ll start again and I’ll make a doctor appt so if all else fails I can do in and do a face to face.
1) Now that one is worth repeating because it’s truly amazing! 50K in a month in something to brag about!
2) Your house sounds festive despite supply chain issues. I know it’s causing most of us some headache, I just keep telling myself it truly could be much worse. I’m sorry about the migraine
3) A rattle under the dash would make Wizard insane so I feel for both of you.
4) LOLOL!! Oh Loki! If only the glass hadn’t ruined his big bad hunter moment
5) Not having to use AC or heater is a nice perk. We haven’t had to turn either on in weeks.
Enjoy your weekend filled with the siren test, family time, Mexican food and sports!
December 3rd, 2021 at 5:19 pm · Link
Viki, I just baked the white chocolate-raspberry cake and it smells good The medication thing has been ridiculous, and it’s had me carrying messages between my doctors office and the specialty pharmacy. My temper is frayed, and my neck is sore from tension, so I’m just going to enjoy the weekend and then figure it out. The big debate is over weather an authorization is for six months or one year and the stupid thing is I don’t have a copy so how the freaking heck and I supposed to resolve this? Clearly someone somewhere can’t bleeping read. Not that I’m upset
1) Enjoy the rainy weather and chili!
2) You’re getting in the spirit, or at least your house is.
3) Hope you all have a great time celebrating middles birthday. I’m looking forward to hearing how the Indian food was. I probably can’t eat much of it myself (my stomach doesn’t react well), so I can enjoy other’s experiences.
4) It’s never fun to pay for, or get through tthe process, of getting the roof redone. But it’s necessary to have a good roof, especially as it’s getting colder, with more rain and snow.
5) Oh I’m sorry they got Covid. We’re in the middle of another upswing here and it’s spreading everywhere again. I’ll definitely keep them in my prayers too.
Hope you have a good weekend!