Friday, December 17th, 2021
TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- It rained! And it’s been cold here. I’m really enjoying the cooler weather.
- Apps on Wizard’s phone started corrupting last weekend. Both our phones are old and his has been glitching for awhile now. Sigh. In my mind, my phone was fine, but Wizard thought it was better to just replace both of them at once. He’s right, I just didn’t want to deal with it Anyhow, that process ate a few large chunks out of our week. The upside is that we have two new phones coming into the shop on Monday and we should be able to finish the process then. Well except after that we will have to learn how to use our new phones, and that’s always a fun time.
- I’ve baked a lot. So far I’ve made mocha cookies, lemon cookies, chocolate mint checkerboard cookies, chocolate chip muffins (they’ll get a cookie dough icing eventually), a dozen loaves of pumpkin bread and a dozen loaves of zucchini bread.
- Turbos big Christmas gift had a missing piece when Wizard went to assemble it. I scrambled to get the company to send the missing part–it’s suppose to be here Saturday. We are doing our family Christmas this Sunday so fingers crossed it gets here. But if it doesn’t, we have a couple little things, and since he’s three, it’ll be okay. But still frustrating.
- As I mentioned earlier. Sunday is our family Christmas party with our kids. Then Christmas Eve we are having my side at Biker Witches (my sister), and Christmas Day we will probably try to go see Wizard’s mom. I feel like I’ll blink once and it’ll be the New Year. Time is flying by right now.
That’s my fine (written after a really LONG day!), now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a good and safe weekend!
December 17th, 2021 at 9:01 am · Link
Yay for rain & cool! New phones can be fun but a pain to switch out. Baking! Cookies! FTW! 😋 Ugh on the missing part. So frustrating. 😣 Yay for family time! 😍 Okay, my five:
1. LG decided he needed to get out in the world. It’s a win for me because he’s done a substantial part of Christmas and stocking shopping! 👍🏼 Now I need to finish out some stuff and figure out what the heck to get him.
2. The Christmas story is taking shape. Some days I’m only getting 500-600 words but I have a direction and the ending so it’s all good. I’m about about 5K total right now and managed to get the whole Scooby Gang on site. More words today.
3. I made the Cool Whip and cake mix snickerdoodles. They were easy and yummy! I’ll be laying in a stock of Cool Whip and cake mix now. Except I need room in the freezer.
4. I finished off all the Jayne Castle SciFi books. It was a fun marathon re-listen. A library book I had on hold dropped yesterday, just in time. I’m at 192 books on the year and should be able to make my 200-book goal.
5. And…once again, I come to #5 and I’m digging for something to include. My life is so mundane. *thinkthinkthinks* Okay, apropos of nothing personal, we had crazysauce winds earlier in the week. Several big grass fires but the truly weird was the freight train derailment in Alfalfa County. The wind literally blew moving train cars OFF THE TRACK! This is all related to the La Nina weather phenomenon and I have only one thing to add: Go home, La Nina! You’re drunk! 😁
Have a great weekend and just remember, only 8 days until Christmas! 🥰
December 17th, 2021 at 3:28 pm · Link
Yay for cool and rainy for you! Bummer about Wizard’s phone and the new phone dance you’ll both have to do. Wow, you’re a baking maniac right now. I bow before your baking mania. Aww, damn, about Turbo’s present. Fingers crossed the missing piece gets here in time. Have fun at your Christmas gatherings! And Merry Christmas to you all. :HUGS:
1) It’s been pouring rain today and unseasonably warm all week. We also had windy. And there was the tornado-y thing. This is December for pitysakes. Go home, Nature, you’re drunk again.
2) Today, I finally got the replacement paycheck that should’ve been here Tuesday. The one they mailed on the 2nd is MIA. I was ready to drive a couple hours up to the main postal location for this area and slap someone silly.
3) Hubs and I are reworking the front garden bed. I dug up all my plants and set those aside in the garage. The past two days we worked on digging the entire bed up, turning the soil and removing any rocks. We’re about 2/3rds done, but like I said, it’s pouring rain today, so we have the day off.
4) I don’t know if you’ve ever dug up established peonies, but those roots are DEEP. My peonies are like 7 years old and wow. I had four – two white and two pink. One white one died a couple years ago, but my remaining one split into two root balls, so once I replant these, I’ll have the same number again. Yay.
5) I made 2 loaves of pumpkin pie bread yesterday. Today, I bought the ingredients for mint patty chocolate cake cookies. Chocolate cake cookies like usual, but once they come out of the oven, I press one of those chocolate mint patty candies into the center. So yummy. Hubs’ job is to unwrap all the candies… and not eat too many along the way. LOL
December 17th, 2021 at 4:09 pm · Link
1. I’m glad it rained! You guys need it. Is it cool enough that you can wear your sweaters?
2. It is fun to get a new phone. I hope you two are having fun with them.
3. Man, you certainly have been baking up a storm!
4. Oh I would be so ticked! I have my fingers crossed that the missing part arrives by tomorrow.
5. Have a wonderful time with all the celebrations. This weekend will be tons of fun with Turbo.
1a. I’m getting concerned about my credit card payment. I mailed it a week ago and they still don’t have it. It was only going to IL. If it isn’t there by next Thursday I’ll have to come up with a new plan :(.
2a. I’m getting my hair done tomorrow :).
3a. Had my dental cleaning this morning and all is well :). It was still WAY too much money. Can you believe $248 for just the cleaning and exam, no X-rays or other stuff.
4a. Tomorrow we’re having dinner with youngest and his girlfriend. I’m looking forward to it.
5a. Tomorrow is also my mom’s birthday. I’m thinking of having Harrison send her a Happy Birthday video. It should make her happy.
Have a wonderful weekend!
December 17th, 2021 at 4:26 pm · Link
Silver, the cool temps have been awesome for me
1) I love husbands who shop! It’s such a huge help. I hope you come up with the right gift.
2) Yay on your Christmas story progress.
3) That’s great on the cookies. If I had any more time, I’d try them too since I haven’t made Snickerdoodles yet. But time and energy seem to be unfriending me, LOL.
4) So cool to make your reading goals!
5) Ah, yes, I’ve met LaNina she’s a destructive with with a mean streak. But that is freaky about the train cars being blown off the tracks! That’s a good one for #5
Hope you have a great weekend! Um, did you really need to remind me how many days until Christmas????
December 17th, 2021 at 4:44 pm · Link
B.E., I got your card, thank you! I forgot to mention that our mailbox is still broken, so we have to go to post off to pick up mail and to mail things. It’s making getting and sending Christmas cards an even bigger challenge this year. Sigh…they will never fix this thing. Okay now for you:
1) Evidently nature has turned into a raging alcoholic. Sorry for the crummy weather and tornado-y things.
2) Ugh! Trust me I think a lot of us feel your aggravation with the postal system right now. I know they’re overworked too, but my sympathy is running very dry.
3) Your gardening amazing me! I think gardening is too tame a word for the amount of work you guys do!
4) Smart peonies to split the roots and clone itself
5) Oh yeah, I love chocolate mint patties cookies like that! I didn’t have time this year so I’ll live vicariously through you and your amazing cookies.
Have a good weekend!
December 17th, 2021 at 4:50 pm · Link
Viki, yes I’ve worn one of my two new sweaters.
1) So sorry about the credit card payment. I hope it gets there on Monday.
2) I got my hair done today–we seem to be on a similar schedule with that. Hope you love your hair!
3) I know, dental is expensive and the insurance is pretty much useless. In our case, it pays out about what we pay in premiums. But at least you don’t have any problems.
4) Hope you have a lovely dinner with youngest and girlfriend.
5) I bet a video from Harrison would make her birthday very special! Also– Happy Birthday to your mom!
Hope you have a good weekend!