TGIF! And Happy New Year’s Eve! Wherever you are, I wish you a safe New Years Eve and a Nery Happy 2022! Now let’s do Friday Five, sharing any combination of our week and/or plans for the New Year. You’re welcome to do more than five if you feel so moved!
- I’m loving my new airbrush. I’ve started practicing, but like most things, it’s going to take a lot of practice and I’m okay with that. True Story–my middle son called and I was telling him about my airbrush. Then I said, “It’s for fun, I don’t have to be good at it.” Dead Silence. I don’t think he’s ever heard me say something like that in his entire life. It was all I could do not to laugh. I know he was thinking, “Who are you and what did you do with my mom?” It’s possible that I’ve been a little driven over the years, LOL
- I made Hot Chocolate Bombs this week. If you’re not familiar with them, they’re a chocolate shell around a powdered hot chocolate mix and marshmallows. Then when you pour hot milk over one, it begins to melt and kind of explodes marshmallows like a little bomb going off in your milk. If you add in sprinkles it’s even more fun. And man it was super rich and delicious, but I need to get the shell thinner to cut down on some of the richness (Wizard disagrees, he LOVED it). Here’s a pic of my first attempt:
- Yesterday, I found a food processor I wanted at Target. I was happy that I found an 8 cup size with all I need at a good price and that I had enough extra cash squirrelled away to buy it. It was all wins for me until I got home and a piece of the set was missing. I’ll return it today. It’s Target so that should be easy enough, but it was the last one they had in stock. However, since I’m not in any critical need for a food processor, this is just a mild inconvenience so I can’t really complain.
- So 2022, I don’t have any professional goals at the moment. I’ve made a deal with myself to not think about, or try to write for awhile. I spent too long trying and feeling so bad not doing what I felt I should be able to that I created a painful block. It was so bad that every time I saw down to write I tensed up with anxiety and frustration at myself. So I’m focusing now on doing things that I enjoy and not stressing. Personally, our goal is to make a life change happen I’ll talk more about that if and when we get closer, and I’d say there’s a fair change it won’t happen. So how’s that for vague??? LOL!
- For New Years Eve, we’re going out for an early dinner then we’ll hang out at home with Maggie. On New Year’s Day we’re going to Turbo’s house to babysit him so his parents can go to a movie. That’s pretty much the sum of our wild and crazy New Year’s celebration plans.
Okay that’s my assorted five, now I’d love to hear yours! Happy New Year!