TGIF! Let’s get right into sharing five random things about our weeks.
- So I’ve mentioned that our street’s community mailbox was broken into months ago. I think it was right before Halloween. Which means we have to go to the post office to get our mail. Sometimes they sort it wrong, or in two cases, handed us the mail for the entire street. I mean, sure if they want to hire me for full pay and benefits, then I’ll deliver the mail. Otherwise, just give me mine since by law, I can’t just walk in and pick up other people’s mail. So it’s been a bit of a challenge, and we’ve had to carefully track bills and other things that come through the mail because stuff is getting lost. Well….yesterday I discovered we missed one bill that never arrived. It only took an hour or so to figure it out and get it paid, but I’m so sick of this. Fix the damn mailbox. The post office says they have replacement boxes, but the city is the responsible for installing them. And no, we can’t have our own mailboxes because then I might actually get my mail. Sigh.
- I’ve been cleaning. I’m not a fan of doing this, but since I’m not “working” AKA writing, my brain is insisting on doing the things I haven’t gotten to recently. Some things aren’t a big deal like dusting window blinds or cleaning up some computer files. But then I decided to throw away some old wineglasses. That led to me realizing that shelf in that cabinet was dusty, so I pulled out all the glasses and cleaned the shelf. But once I cleaned that shelf, I had to clean the rest of the shelves in that cupboard…and OMG I’ve started a monster project of cleaning out each and every cupboard and drawers in my kitchen. I mean down down to washing everything silverware holder, and checking expiration days on spices and other items. Why do I do this stuff??? I’m truly grateful for a kitchen with a lot of storage but I’m only about 2/3s of the way through this project with many hours of work already invested.
- The gopher has not returned, but that ants kept invading. Twice they tried to get in my kitchen, but both times I managed to quell the beginning of the invasion. Well the little terrorists regrouped and got into my bathroom above my kitchen. We’ve done this dance before with ants. Once they are up there, they can get into the wall that leads to my panty which is their ultimate goal. I know that sounds weird, but my panty wall doesn’t touch any exterior walls so they ants have to go under or over to get to it. Anyway, past experience has taught us that only using the bug bombs works. Luckily it was a nice day, and we hung out in the garage with Maggie for a few hours, then I cleaned and aired out the house before letting her back in. It’s a pain but that should work while keep her safe from the chemicals.
- Bright spot moment. Maggie was on a stay command in her bed in the garage and I was sitting next to her. I’d taken her leash off so she could stand up, turn around and lay back down without the collar getting tight. While I was reading, I looked up and realized a lady was quietly walking two dogs by the house. Maggie was alert and watching, but she didn’t move. I was really proud of her, but honestly, I was also lucky. The dogs walking by were good dogs, so they didn’t react either. But I should have been paying more attention. Wizard thinks I’m too worried, but it’s my job to keep Maggie safe I don’t actually like her off leash out front. It’s just too easy for something out of my control to happen.
- I’m getting my hair cut, then hoping to meet Biker Witch (my sister) for coffee if she has the time.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great week!