Blooper Alert! I scheduled this for February 14th instead of the 4th. Too much on my mind, LOL! Sorry for the late post.
TGIF! Let’s dive right into sharing five random things about our week:
- I think I might have set a records for the length of time I haven’t baked while at the same time not writing. But we have other stuff keeping my attention so that’s good for now. But I’m getting restless…so we’ll see.
- Right before the first of the year, it looked like I had a small split on my thumb. I assumed it was from all the baking and dishes I did at the holidays. Fast forward and a month later, there’s a little swollen knot and pain if I touch it exactly right, but it wasn’t progressing like an infection. I could not get this thing to break open because callouses had formed. Finally I solved the mystery–a splinter! It must have gone in vertically, and I couldn’t find it until my body pushed it up. It only took a month, LOL
- I was walking yesterday morning, when I spotted a strange guy loitering on the other side of the street who didn’t belong there. I was above the school where enough people were around to hear me, so I kept going. Once I got far enough up the street to be out of view, the guy crossed the street to start walking behind me into the stretch where no one would likely see me. The hair on the back of my neck stood up, and I’m like…oh hell no. I surprised myself here as I’m rarely physically aggressive unless I feel backed into a corner. I stopped, letting Maggie smell to double check both our positions, and sure enough he’s following behind me in his zip up sweatshirt with the hood pulled half over his face. I told Maggie, let’s go and I started walking purposefully straight at him with full-on eye contact and my hand on the trigger of my pepper spray in my pocket. I don’t know his intentions, but I knew mine–he wasn’t catching me by surprise. The guy looked startled, then he hauled butt off the sidewalk back to the other side of the street and never looked my way again. I may have made an innocent man uncomfortable, but he was definitely setting off my alarm bells. And I believe in trusting our internal alarm bells. Being safe trumps being nice. Every single time. Keep in mind, I walk this all the time and know most everyone at least by sight.
- We’ve had a lot of winds and some cooler temps, but nothing like the storms much of the country is suffering. I’m so sorry for all of you going through brutal streaks of Cranky Winter’s wrath. I want to gently remind Winter, that we could use a little more rain here and to give the rest of the regions some relief. Nothing too crazy, we don’t need mudslides, just a bit of rain here and there.
- My windows are so dirty. I know darn well if I clean them, it will rain. So maybe I should make a pan of brownies instead? That’s logical right???
That’s my kind of lame five (except #3, that one is not lame in my humble opinion). Now I really want to hear your five! I hope everyone has a warm, safe and good weekend!