TGIF! It’s time to share five random things about our week. But first, for all of you in the bad weather areas, I hope your okay, have power and no significant weather related issues.
- Last weekend, I was cleaning before BLB and his wife came over, and since it was so warm here, I decided to wash the outside table and chairs. I took the chairs over to one of our deck drains, which put me between the pool, the back fence and the side hill. I rinsed the chairs and set the hose down to scrub them with soap. Except…the hose rolled to the nozzle handle and locked on. Water sprayed an endless gusher, soaking me. The hilarious thing is because the nozzle locked on and I was basically in a corner, I couldn’t do anything except dive into the spray, grab the handle and finally wrench the pin locking it off. Then I laughed, because this so my life, LOL! It wasn’t a big deal though, I didn’t have my cell phone or watch on me so nothing was damaged. Wizard came outside to ask me something, saw me dripping water and burst into laughter. I never did find out what he wanted to ask me
- My knees have been bugging me this year off and on. I’m annoyed by this. It’s not bad and perfectly manageable right now, but I know it’s a sign of age and that’s just insulting.
- In California, if you buy a new house, you must also buy or lease a minimum number of solar panels. It’s totally out of our control, and we’re given predesignated packages by the builder and the solar company they contract with. We knew this going in to this house purchase, and we knew the exact cost (it’s in addition to the base price of the house and considered an upgrade…a forced upgrade!). We’re still pissy about it. I’m not even against solar, I’m against being forced into it, and not being able to choose which company or package I want. There’s no point to this, I’m just venting here. California, like most states, has positives and negatives.
- We’re drowning in house related paperwork, phone calls and emails. I know this is only the start of the process…fun times ahead
- I’m not sure if I’m going to shoot out to see Turbo on Saturday or not, I need to check with his parents to see if they’ll be around or have plans. But I’ve been waiting to find out if Wizard is going racing or not, and he’s been waiting for a call back from our pool guy (the one we use when we need something replaced) to make a decision. If the pool guy can come out Saturday, then Wizard will stay home. This really doesn’t change my ability to go see Turbo, but I still want to know Wizard’s plans first. It doesn’t make sense, even I know that.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours. I hope everyone has a safe, warm and fun weekend!