TGIF. I hope everyone has had a good week. Let’s dive into sharing five random things about our week.
- Maggie is pretty mad at me right now. Her blankets are in the wash and I put her thin car blanket on her chair. She’s not a fan of that blanket. What she wants is for me to go upstairs and get the one I keep up there in a closet. If I open the door (it’s a walk in closet) she runs in there and curls up on that blanket. One time I even accidently closed the door on her and left in in the dark closet for about 10 minutes until I realized she wasn’t following me around. When I opened the door, she was curled on her blanket–she didn’t care. But right now, she can’t believe I’m so mean that I’d force her to make do with her car blanket. It’s a rough life, people. For real.
- I practiced making Marshall from Paw Patrol out of fondant, It turned out so-s0, and then wilted because I forgot to put in Tylose powder (it helps firm up the fondant so it holds it’s shape). I’m waiting for more fondant to arrive to practice again. I actually plan to use a plastic cake topper I bought, and the fondant Marshall will be an extra. So if I can’t do it, no big deal. Plus Turbo is young enough he’ll be fine as long as it’s chocolate cake. I’ve been so distracted by world events (depressed, outraged and worried are better words), that I haven’t obsessed in my usual way). I need to focus in because this cake is something I can control, the rest is not.
- I made dark chocolate sea salt cookies again at Wizard’s request. I froze most of them, and then we can pull them out as we like. Unfortunately we like them. A lot! But I’m doing yoga four times a week so it’s okay to eat cookies, right?
- Why do people stop in the middle of Costco aisles? Or leave their cart in the way of everyone to go look at something? Why are people so freaking oblivious in Costco? I see it in other stores, but it’s like some kind of zombie virus in Costco. On the upside, the lines move faster in Costco than anywhere else I’ve seen.
- The weekend is a mystery that I haven’t solved yet. In other words, we were busy with other stuff and it snuck up on us But I’m sure I’ll have something dazzling to say about it Monday…okay, I’m joking. My dazzle has dimmed lately
Those are my less than dazzling five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!