TGIF! Time to share five random things about our week. Here’s mine!
- My computer is slowing. It’s old and I’m begging it to hold on for another year or two. We just bought tires yesterday and it’s been a wave of those kind of things lately.
- This weekend I decided to clean all the doors and the casing (molding around the doors). I’ve done this many times, but realized I hadn’t done it since my surgery. Evidently for a reason, LOL. I’m short, so this requires a lot of reaching over my head and my neck has filed a painful protest. It’s the close I’ve come to actually feeling the plate in my cervical spine. Anyhow, I’m perfectly fine, just cranky that I’m not 22 and full endless energy anymore. Thankfully I had been dusting and spot cleaning the doors, so this wasn’t terrible in that way. Just a heck of a lot work and now the doors are all clean, which feels awesome! If I keep doing this deep cleaning, I may go back to writing out of self preservation!
- I got a text from youngest with a picture of his dog, saying, “She (his dog) said you have to visit as soon as tax season is over.” I saw youngest just a few weeks ago, and I’ve texted or talked to him on the phone. But tax season sucks, and I give him (and oldest) space, because I know what deadlines are like. But this one little text made me so danged happy. It told me that he’s thinking of me even when he’s too busy to breathe. Sometimes all it takes is a little text, you know? I need to remember that too when I get lazy about communicating with family and friends.
- I made another Marshall (from PAW Patrol) that’s a little smaller yesterday. he came out okay, but not as good as I think I could do if I wasn’t wilting tired (my own fault). I think I’ll use him for the cake. I’m doing this cake as my grandson requested, not as I’d design it But what matters is that he likes it!
- This weekend is about Turbo’s birthday and normal life stuff.
So that’s my five and now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a great weekend!