Friday, April 8th, 2022
TGIF! Friday keeps showing up like a regularly scheduled thing Time it share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- After four days off due to pain, I successfully did yoga on Wednesday. I’m working hard thought to not aggravate the (improving!) tendonitis in my left elbow. My neck stuff is complicated, so I’m waiting to see if I need to see the doctor thing (I’m guessing that I should since it got worse from turning my head to drive yesterday, but I don’t want to, LOL). But Wednesday was a mental turning point for me. I was NOT a happy camper Monday and Tuesday.
- I read a really cute book THINGS WE NEVER GOT OVER by Lucy Score. The book made me laugh. It’s a mix between a romantic comedy and romantic suspense I will read more books by this author.
- Yesterday was a Maggie Marathon. She had her vet appointment in the morning (to prevent another abscess). She’s so vocal at the vets, talking to everyone while half scared and half loving people. She also met her newest boyfriend there, I think his name was Monroe. If was a bulldog, and the only dog I’ve let her meet on leash in a vets office. In general, that’s too high stress an environment, but this dude walked in totally chill and casually ambled close enough for the two of them to sniff. She was thrilled. Later that day Maggie went to her groomers for a bath and a puppy pedicure. Which meant two car rides in one day, life just doesn’t get any better for Maggie May By the way, did you know that Maggie’s initials are MMA (as in Mixed Martial Arts)? That’s hilarious because she’s such a submissive little scaredy cat of a dog. She crashed and slept after she got home!
- I ordered a summer dress from Amazon that actually fit. I’ve been looking for clothes with a bit more coverage and comfort, and I think I’m going to like this one. Now I’m on a roll, and ordered three pairs of sandals from a department store, hoping that one or two actually fit comfortably. I have super comfortable flip flops but I wanted something one degree nicer but still comfortable. It’s hard to tell by pictures, but even harder to drive to store after store and find nothing since stores carry barely any stock these days.
- We are tentatively planning to see Turbo this weekend, and next week is supposed to bring some cooler weather. We’ve had to run the air conditioning here the last two days.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! Hope everyone has a happy and healthy weekend!
April 8th, 2022 at 8:04 am · Link
Pain is such a…pain. No pun intended. Glad you’re healing and able to do your yoga again but yeah, keep an eye on the neck. Yay for good books. Awww. Maggie and Monroe sittin’ ‘neath a tree… Yay for clothes and shoes. I hate shopping. Just sayin’. Yay for Turbo Time, boo on AC! Okay, my five.
1. Stormy came Tuesday and Thursday. Tuesday, he and I played a little baseball in the backyard while LG caught a nap. Yesterday, it was too chilly and windy so he watched Angry Birds. LG and I were watching the Cardinals–our preferred brand of “angry” birds. They beat the Pirates 9-0.
2. I love baseball. And softball. I am so happy yesterday was opening day for MLB. Now I have something to watch! I’m also keeping up with the Cowgirls whenever they are on ESPN+. It’s worth the streaming cost.
3. Not much writing or revisions this week. Brain fog FTS. (For the Suck.)
4. Mother Nature is still doing taquila shots. 60 today with a freeze tonight and 80 tomorrow. WTH? Hoping y’all get cooler weather. I’m hoping we can just open windows. Depends on the wind, though. It’s been bad and lots of wildfires as a result. Ugh.
5. I wish I could find Pistol Pete a home. He’s such a sweet cat–neutered, affectionate, litterbox trained. But…he got into a hissy fight with Shylock Cat, one of the front porch ferals so not sure how he and Loki would deal. Loki is such a cat but he doesn’t really know “how” to cat, if that makes sense? I mean, he was raised by dog. Boone does NOT like Pete. Jake is mostly ambivalent. Anyway, I keep feeding and petting and hoping a rescue will get space and call me. He’s on a waiting list at a couple of no-kill places.
Softball today, baseball tomorrow, at some point Baseball Boy’s family dinner for his birthday which was Monday. Oh, and hopefully enough coffee to get my brain in gear so I can get at least one book revised and uploaded. 🤦🏼♀️ Have a great weekend, all! 🥰
April 8th, 2022 at 3:19 pm · Link
1. Smart to take it slow but I’m happy to hear that you are easing into yoga again this week. Just be careful. And I totally understand the not wanting to even think about the neck and contacting the doctor. The good thing is you’re smart and won’t let it go to far if you do need to be seen.
2. The book sounds cute so I just put a hold in at the library 😊.
3. Wow! Maggie had quite a bit going on yesterday and a boyfriend too 😉.
4. Great job on the dress. The local news women all order their dresses off Amazon and they look great. I bet you look great too.
5. I hope you get to see Turbo this weekend. I keep seeing how hot is there and feel for you.
1a. We’re going to get snow tomorrow. Not much, but still!
2a. The Prednisone has really helped Spunk. He’s only thrown up once and I blame it on me and bacon grease.
3a. Hubs got the 4th shot but I refuse.
4a. I’m making lobster ravioli for dinner tonight. I hope it is okay, you never know.
5a. Just found out my bestie is coming up for two weeks in May. They’re going to stay at a local park in the eyelash trailer. They will be here just before her daughters due date. It will be so nice to see her and for her to be here for the birth.
I hope you have a fantastic weekend!
April 8th, 2022 at 5:16 pm · Link
Silver, yeah, I am on the neck. I know an MRI is likely in my future, but nothing critical is happening as far as I can tell. I just don’t wanna, LOL. Okay now for you:
1) Bet he loved playing baseball with you! Yay for your Cards!
2) As much as you love baseball and softball it’s definitely worth the streaming costs. I just hate that this is what’s its come to as far as paying for everything individually, but that’s not the point.
3) Brain fog is real. Sorry it’s mucking up your writing week.
4) Man I don’t even know what mother nature is on these days. Ugh on the winds and fires. That’s a scary combo, giving the fire superpowers in ability to spread and jump. Hoping for warmer, and windless (or just breezy) days ahead for you.
5) I hope room opens up at a rescue for Pistol Pete. Maybe right now you guys just don’t need the added stress too. LOL on Loki not knowing how to cat. I get it, but it does sound funny. I can imagine how full the rescues are though, but there’s always hope!
Hope you got enough coffee! And wishing you guys a great weekend and BB a fantastic birthday celebration!
April 8th, 2022 at 5:27 pm · Link
Viki, I need to go to the doctor for routine stuff anyway, but I just don’t want to I’ll get to it and we’ll take a look at my neck. I’m being very careful with yoga.
1) Snow again??? Sheesh.
2) I’m so happy to hear Spunk is doing better. I bet he did have some inflammation. He’ll probably always have a sensitive stomach though. Maggie does and it’s not fun for them. Some people think I’m too strict with her diet, but I can’t stand seeing her miserable because I was weak and gave her something that ends up making her sick. You must also be relieved to have a vet who listened and focused on making Spunk feel better.
3) I’m not in a hurry to get it, and I have minimal reaction. Just watch the numbers and reassess as needed. Maybe ask your doctor too, maybe he or she feels you’re protected enough for the time being. I do flu shots too but again, I don’t get sick.
4) It sounds delicious! Enjoy the lobster ravioli!
5) It’s exciting that your friend is coming. And having her here will mean you get to share even more where her daughter has her baby. I’m guessing you pretty much watched her daughter grow up, so you’re invested
Have the snow melts quickly and you have a great weekend!