TGIF! Let’s dive right into sharing five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- I made and froze lemon cake (trust me on freezing cakes–when done right it helps seal in moisture and freshness. I was shocked to learn this too!). That went easily enough. Then yesterday I made lemon curd for the filling and it failed. I didn’t quite cook it to the stage I needed it. But no worries, I redid it today and it turned out fine. This is exactly why I bought more eggs than I technically needed as I mentioned in my Wednesday story Also, my neighbor has a lemon tree and is happy to share with all of us on the street, which is pretty awesome. That tree keeps us all stocked up!
- And after a long debate between the voices in my head, I’m going to mix the curd into buttercream icing to make the filling. I love straight lemon curd filling, but not everyone is a fan of the tartness, so this choice should please a wider range of palates.
- Wizard and I went to the dentist, and I told him about my neck, jaw and arm. He manipulated what would be the trigger points if it was TMJ and the most pain I felt was a 3 out of 10, and it didn’t radiate hot burning streaks, so that’s likely not the source. That’s actually super helpful in beginning to eliminate it. I’m going to my regular doctor today, and I’m going to ask for x-rays, and include the jaw joint too. In the meantime, I’m dialing down my yoga practice to a little less strenuous.
- Back to the dentist, I love people who respect their staff. So one of the dentist-owners of the practice was filling in the for the receptionist. He does this every Wednesday so she can babysit her grandchild. She’s that valuable. He kept teasing that he had to do it right so he didn’t get in trouble from her. While he was partially joking, he really does values her and her work, and is willing to go the extra mile so she can do something important to her. We need more of this all around.
- Tax Season is Over!!! Yesterday we went out to babysit Turbo. Turbo’s on spring break from school, his mom had to go into her office, and dad was going to work from home for a few hours. But Turbo’s dad surprised us and took the day off to hang with us. I love that. He did take an hour for himself to work out, then we played and all went to lunch at a little bistro and ate outside. I had an amazing salad! CPA Boy was stealing off my plate because, like me, he loves rabbit food too, LOL It was so great to see CPA Boy relaxing after putting in 7 days a week for months for various reason. And he really wanted to spend time with us and his son, which means a lot to us.
So that’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!