Friday, April 29th, 2022
TGIF! We’ve almost run out of April! Unreal how crazy fast time is going. Okay time share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Monday we got our Covid boosters. Wizard arranged it, so I did it. Tuesday, Wizard was mildly sick (mostly achy) and I went on as usual Wizard bounced back by Wednesday. Fun story, we know the pharmacist who gaze us the shots. We both went in, and Wizard was teasing that he’d watch me flinch. The pharmacist laughed and said, “She doesn’t flinch.” She was correct. Wizard flinched a little, but there’s a decent chance he was messing with me, or Karma was messing with him
- First I’m all proud and then…well let me back up. One morning I came home from a walk and was out talking to a neighbor. The street was quiet so I released Maggie from the leash and she stayed with me. Then I told her “Let’s go home” and she ran to our front porch. Neighbor was impressed and I had a proud mom moment. A few days later, I went for a long afternoon walk, came home and at the bottom of the driveway, I released Maggie from her leash. She bounded on the grass, and I took off my shoes. I looked up and she was gone. Confused because she never does that, I turned and she’s down the driveway standing on her hind legs, trying to get to a tiny little fluffball dog in the woman’s arms. The poor dog was scared and growling, and Maggie being a total tail wagging dufus. I grabbed her, and apologized for not paying attention. The woman was so sweet and thought the dogs could be friends. They probably can, but I didn’t want them meeting then because the little dog was already scared, and it wasn’t the right moment (energy) for them to officially meet. I was pretty mad at myself. I never even looked around to see if someone was walking their dog by before I let her off leash in our driveway. If it had been a big dog, Maggie would have hid behind me. But she loves tiny little fluffballs and doesn’t realize she can look scary to them. I’m such a Bad Dog Mom. And I’m the one that rants about others having their dog off leash!
- I made salted dark chocolate cookies because Wizard asked me to. Also I’m weak. I’ll freeze a lot of them, which is nice because we can just pull out one cookie when we want it.
- I took some shoes back to Penny’s yesterday, and they sent me to three registers before someone told me where the actual return section was, LOL! I figured it out, but had to laugh at the runaround. Then on my way out, I accidently found another pair of shoes and bought them. I swear I find things when I’m not looking.
- A couple weeks ago, lost a pair of sunglasses on a walk. I had them tucked in my pocket and they had to of fallen out. I wasn’t worried, they were cheap and I had a good pair at home. Except I couldn’t find the good pair. I kept looking where I put them, and nope, not there. Today I looked again…and I swear this is true…they were exactly where I’d put then in their case. I forgot they were in a case and so I looked right over them. For two weeks, I’ve been wearing an old scratched pair that I use for hanging out in the pool because I’m special that way, LOL.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a terrific weekend!
April 29th, 2022 at 10:06 am · Link
I bet Wiz had aches because he winced. Poor Maggie. She just wants to be friend and you aren’t really a bad dog mom. I hope they meet later under better circumstances and become friends! COOKIES!!! Now I want one! Uhm…boo on clueless clerks but yay for a replacement pair of shoes! I lose stuff like that all the time so yeah, I get the whole “forgot I put them where they belonged” thing! Okay, my 5:
1. Stormy has been here every afternoon. Baseball games for dad and mom swamped at work. He loves the golf clubs LG got him but he got caught “chipping” a real ball in the backyard. Yeah…LG was not happy. Stormy has Nerf golfballs for hitting with the clubs. The real balls are only for putting–except he was using his putter to chip. 🤦🏼♀️
2. We had some rain! I have irises blooming and there are a lot of buds on my peony. Yay. Sadly, I think the honeysuckle decided to skip blooming this year.
3. The fan on the fridge was about to go out and was making an awful racket. Uncle Fix-It ordered the part LG needed and he actually managed to fix it without blowing up the house.
4. I made Buffalo Parmesan Chicken Fingers last night. Good stuffs! Shake-n-Bake Crispy Buffalo Chicken mix, Parmesan cheese (the recipe calls for the shake kind but I always use fresh but crush the shreds into finer pieces). I cut chicken breasts into strips (can use chicken tenders which is quicker but I didn’t have any!). Coat and bake at 400 for about 15 minutes. And of course, bleu cheese dressing for dipping. Since the fridge was in the middle of the kitchen until after 8 p.m. last night, I was glad I’d planned something quick!
5. So. Writing. I finally finished revising RESCUE MOON. And am satisified with the results. I started formatting–front and back matter. And I needed to update the links. And then I realized that I needed to redesign a couple of pages on my website, and would need to shift links on every freaking book and….my brain broke. 🤯 I walked away from the computer yesterday due to said broken brain and took Jake to Starbucks. I sort of figured out the web sdeal, but not the links so much (there is a LONG story here but won’t bore people) then there was the fridge to deal with last night. I woke up at 4 a.m. and couldn’t get back to sleep and my brain chewed over the problem. I think I have it figured out 💡 but I need way more coffee before I tackle it today. It involves HTML coding (hence broken brain), among other things and I totally need to be totally caffeinated. Wish me luck! 🤣🤣🤣
April 29th, 2022 at 3:20 pm · Link
1. That’s funny on the boosters. Poor Wizard ;).
2. Wow, Maggie is a good girl. As for checking out the other pup, don’t beat yourself up, Maggie was in her own yard.
3. You’re a good wife making the cookies.
4. It’s so true that we can always find things at the store after we return something :).
5. I think we all have times where we do what you did with the glasses. In fact, that’s why I have three, yes three, whisk brooms :).
1a. Hubs had a blast with Harrison. Poor Harrison didn’t want him to leave. The kid was so funny trying to get his mom to let Paw Paw sleep in his bed with him.
2a. Spunk missed hubs like crazy. He has been all over him since he’s been home and he was only gone ONE day.
3a. It’s warming up here and I can’t wait to take the down off the bed. I’m doing it Sunday. What I am not looking forward to is having it cleaned ( it will cost so much more). The cleaners prices have gone up so much.
4a. I keep asking hubs what he wants for his birthday and he is no help. So far he is getting a letter opener ;).
5a. This weekend I’m going to try and get together a few bags for Easter Seals. It’s amazing how much STUFF we have that we really don’t ever use. Time to clear things out.
Have a wonderful weekend!
April 29th, 2022 at 5:11 pm · Link
Silver, thanks. I hope Maggie meets her new friend again, too. I really was pointing out my own slipup because I rag on others and I try not to be a hypocrite
1) So glad Stormy loves the clubs! I understand why LG is upset, but Stormy is such a good kid, and that was probably all impulse, something boys (and probably girls, but I had boys) are pretty well known for. He’ll remember next time so he doesn’t disappoint his Grandpa!
2) Yay for rain and your blooming peony! Maybe the “peer pressure” will get to the honeysuckle
3) LG is awesome! (so is Uncle Fix-it)
4) Yum, I must remember this recipe! I haven’t used shake n bake in forever, but it’s great for fast and easy.
5) Congrats on finishing revisions, and buckets of sympathy on the coding issues. HTML is a brain buster for sure. I’d go to Starbucks to avoid it too. I can only do it by copy and pasting code, or doing kindergarten simple changes. I hope your predawn brainstorming solves the issue!
Wishing you luck and success! And a great weekend!
April 29th, 2022 at 5:21 pm · Link
Viki, I’m amazed at how deleted the case from my memory. I guess I assumed the case contained old prescription glasses that I keep in case my glasses break? I can’t take too much credit for making Wizard his cookies, baking is something I enjoy if I’m in the mood to do it. Oh and since I know you have pretty severe reactions to the Covid shot, both Wizard and I had about the same reaction as all three other shots. It’s pretty consistent for us. Wizard was annoyed that it bothers me less, but that’s likely because I’m on immune suppressers and it probably suppresses my body’s immune response. Which isn’t ideal, since its that immune response that helps us develop immunity.
1) Harrison has such a special relationship with your hubs! I love it.
2) Clearly, Spunk hadn’t give prior approval for hubs to be gone.
3) I haven’t had anything dry cleaned lately, but I bet it’s gone up! I would dread that too. But you aren’t going to want that much warmth as the weather heats up!
4) I wish I could help on the birthday gift. We give each other very specific lists these days to make it as easy as possible. But not everyone wants to do that. Maybe a letter opener is all he wants?
5) Right???? How do we collect so much stuff??? I hope you can get some of it done if it’s on your mind. I love getting stuff cleared out if I’m ready to do it.
Have a great weekend!