TGIF! We’ve almost run out of April! Unreal how crazy fast time is going. Okay time share five random things about our week. Here’s mine:
- Monday we got our Covid boosters. Wizard arranged it, so I did it. Tuesday, Wizard was mildly sick (mostly achy) and I went on as usual Wizard bounced back by Wednesday. Fun story, we know the pharmacist who gaze us the shots. We both went in, and Wizard was teasing that he’d watch me flinch. The pharmacist laughed and said, “She doesn’t flinch.” She was correct. Wizard flinched a little, but there’s a decent chance he was messing with me, or Karma was messing with him
- First I’m all proud and then…well let me back up. One morning I came home from a walk and was out talking to a neighbor. The street was quiet so I released Maggie from the leash and she stayed with me. Then I told her “Let’s go home” and she ran to our front porch. Neighbor was impressed and I had a proud mom moment. A few days later, I went for a long afternoon walk, came home and at the bottom of the driveway, I released Maggie from her leash. She bounded on the grass, and I took off my shoes. I looked up and she was gone. Confused because she never does that, I turned and she’s down the driveway standing on her hind legs, trying to get to a tiny little fluffball dog in the woman’s arms. The poor dog was scared and growling, and Maggie being a total tail wagging dufus. I grabbed her, and apologized for not paying attention. The woman was so sweet and thought the dogs could be friends. They probably can, but I didn’t want them meeting then because the little dog was already scared, and it wasn’t the right moment (energy) for them to officially meet. I was pretty mad at myself. I never even looked around to see if someone was walking their dog by before I let her off leash in our driveway. If it had been a big dog, Maggie would have hid behind me. But she loves tiny little fluffballs and doesn’t realize she can look scary to them. I’m such a Bad Dog Mom. And I’m the one that rants about others having their dog off leash!
- I made salted dark chocolate cookies because Wizard asked me to. Also I’m weak. I’ll freeze a lot of them, which is nice because we can just pull out one cookie when we want it.
- I took some shoes back to Penny’s yesterday, and they sent me to three registers before someone told me where the actual return section was, LOL! I figured it out, but had to laugh at the runaround. Then on my way out, I accidently found another pair of shoes and bought them. I swear I find things when I’m not looking.
- A couple weeks ago, lost a pair of sunglasses on a walk. I had them tucked in my pocket and they had to of fallen out. I wasn’t worried, they were cheap and I had a good pair at home. Except I couldn’t find the good pair. I kept looking where I put them, and nope, not there. Today I looked again…and I swear this is true…they were exactly where I’d put then in their case. I forgot they were in a case and so I looked right over them. For two weeks, I’ve been wearing an old scratched pair that I use for hanging out in the pool because I’m special that way, LOL.
That’s my five, now I’d love to hear yours! I hope everyone has a terrific weekend!